Yoga?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Red tail

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is a strange question.

There was a story in the local news about new Army recruits having to learn yoga before going to boot camp. Their recruiter was saying how great it was for him for relieving stress.
I guess this is something they have just started having enlisted recruits do.

Are officers required to do yoga at OCS or any other time while serving in the military?

Members don't see this ad.

I know this is a strange question.

There was a story in the local news about new Army recruits having to learn yoga before going to boot camp. Their recruiter was saying how great it was for him for relieving stress.
I guess this is something they have just started having enlisted recruits do.

Are officers required to do yoga at OCS or any other time while serving in the military?

No.

Members don't see this ad :)
Over in the sand box our IDC happened to be yoga instructor. She lead yoga a couple times a week for our STP/FRSS and would recommend it for the Marines coming in with MSK issue. I got a kick out of watching a bunch of Marines rolling out their yoga mats and doing yoga. Of course regulation greens, no lululemon outfits.

Yeah it has been getting more and more popular in the military. Very interesting.