Your help appreciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiamiGlo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum! It is a great place to get information. I was hoping someone would be able to answer my question. I was waitlisted at a school that I really liked, so I sent in a letter of interest stating that I sincerely hope a spot becomes available for me. I didn't outright say I would definitely attent, but I did say it would be an excellent place for me. But then I interviewed elsewhere and found that school to be my top choice. So, now I got waitlisted there too. Sheesh. I now want to write a solid letter of intent to this second school. Is this wrong? Can I outright say if I am given an acceptance, I will without question attend, and will that rule out my other letter? :confused:

Thank you so much everyone. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

MiamiGlo said:
Hi,

I'm new to this forum! It is a great place to get information. I was hoping someone would be able to answer my question. I was waitlisted at a school that I really liked, so I sent in a letter of interest stating that I sincerely hope a spot becomes available for me. I didn't outright say I would definitely attent, but I did say it would be an excellent place for me. But then I interviewed elsewhere and found that school to be my top choice. So, now I got waitlisted there too. Sheesh. I now want to write a solid letter of intent to this second school. Is this wrong? Can I outright say if I am given an acceptance, I will without question attend, and will that rule out my other letter? :confused:

Thank you so much everyone. :oops:

go ahead and write the intent letter to the school that is now your top choice; there is nothing wrong or unethical about that.

many ppl write interest letters--as you did to the first school that w/l'd you--to schools they were w'l'd at and a single LOI (intent) to their top choice school.