Your Personal Invitation To The 2008 Texas Optometric Association Convention In

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrRobertTX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear POPS Members:

The Texas Optometric Association is the representative organization for the Doctors of Optometry in our state. Our goal is to assist POPS Chapters and welcome Pre-Optometry students into the family of optometry. Our annual convention will be February 14-17, 2008. We anticipate over 600 Texas Doctors of Optometry and over 200 Optometry Students will be in attendance. It will offer a great opportunity for POPS students to interact and learn about the profession of optometry first hand.

The POPS program at the 2008 TOA annual convention will be held on February 16. With your feedback, for 2008, the POPS program to include:
  • Motivational speakers from the Texas Optometric Association
  • Important Information on Admission to the University of Houston College of Optometry by Dr. Lanny Shulman, OD, Director of Admissions
  • TOA's cutting edge eyecare technology exhibit hall
  • 2nd Annual TOA POPS OPTOMETRY BOWL!!!: In this interactive event, representatives from each university will face off to test their knowledge on ocular anatomy, eye function, Texas politics, general trivia, and much more!!! Compete for great prizes and a TOA Grant for the winning POPS Chapter. Come and cheer on your school!
The 2008 POPS program is shaping up to be the best ever!!! The 2008 Texas Optometric Association Convention POPS interactive program will be held on Saturday, February 16, 2008 in Austin, TX at the Renasiance hotel at the Arboretum. More schedule information to follow. There is no charge to attend and lunch will beprovided. Spaces are extremely limited, please register with your POPS chapter by MONDAY, February 4, 2008. Please feel free to contact us if we may be of further assistance at [email protected]

See you in Austin!

TOA: Doctors of Optometry working together to advance excellence in eyecare for every Texas

Members don't see this ad.

Dr Chu.. shouldn't it be every Texan ? ;)

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss TOA this year. I have too many Florida specific hours I have to get so it'll be FOA only for me.

They must have started the optometry bowl after I graduated.. I would have been all over that. GO UHCO!! :horns: