Your stories - psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fluidity of Movement

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings all! I am beginning pre-reqs now for my medical career. I'm interested in milmed, however I have been unable to get a good grasp of what the job is like for psych's. I've read some of the entries in this forum about the negative side of milmed although nothing specific. (edit: aside from some of the general understandings in what entails being a med officer)

I've made love to the search button so many times here on sdn over the last year that we might as well be married, and google would be our first born child. I'm looking for stories, guidance, and reference materials pertaining to psychiatric milmed practices.

I'm mostly interested in milmed for non financial reasons, however I have been unable to get the info I need to weigh things properly over the next couple years.

Please send me a message if uncomfortable leaving a reply. I don't trust the recruiters to give me an accurate idea of what I'd be getting into.

Thank you for reading this.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Still looking for more info regarding psychiatrist in Army/AF

Last edited: