Your typical "Will I Get In?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zazu23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the process of applying to pharmacy schools and really want to get into VCU, though I heard its tough to get in. I was wondering if my stats are good enough?
  • Currently pursing a BS in Biology and Minor in Data Analysis
  • Trying to complete the honors program as well
  • Transfer gpa (from 2-yr institution): 4.00
  • Current gpa (at university): 3.52
  • Nationally certified pharm. tech
  • Officer position at a pre-pharmacy honor society
  • Worked at CVS for a little over a year now
  • Conducted research for a semester regarding effects of medications on brain images at INOVA but didn't present at any symposiums nor publish the work
  • I spend a lot of my remaining time with other extracurriculars that do not pertain to pharmacy or health-care (such as camp counseling and teaching/volunteering at a weekend school and coaching high school teams for interscholastic tournaments - i like mentoring kids)

I haven't taken the PCAT as of yet, but registered to take it in Sept. I haven't begun studying because my work hours are a killer. I work practically full time and cant seem to cut my hours down. I was hoping if i don't do as well as I hope on the exam, or if I get an average score, are the rest of my stats good enough to carry the weight?

Of course I am going to apply to many other schools, and will consider going to anywhere else I get accepted. Just wondering if i have a good chance at schools like UMD-baltimore or VCU (considering if PCAT doesn't go as planned)?

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats are good! I did pretty bad on the PCAT and I'm still thinking about applying to the schools you mentioned. I think if you get around a 70 on the PCAT, then you have a good chance.