Zeiss vs Surgitel loupes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Funkymonkey99

Reaction score
Hi all,

I can't decide between the two. I am looking at the ziess 4.0x and Surgitel 4.5x flip ups.

The Zeiss lens clarity is phenomenal. I just wish they had a steeper declination angle (posture is important to me since I'm quite tall). Their field of view is also much better than the surgitels.

The Surgitel loupes have the best declination angle I've seen. However, I noticed some chromatic abberation (not that much though) and they are lighter.

Zeiss are around 2.5k compared to the surgitels which are around 3.1k (so based on price alone the Zeiss win out)

Also, I can't decide between the Surgitel and lumadent light. Could someone who's used these give some advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I can't decide between the two. I am looking at the ziess 4.0x and Surgitel 4.5x flip ups.

The Zeiss lens clarity is phenomenal. I just wish they had a steeper declination angle (posture is important to me since I'm quite tall). Their field of view is also much better than the surgitels.

The Surgitel loupes have the best declination angle I've seen. However, I noticed some chromatic abberation (not that much though) and they are lighter.

Zeiss are around 2.5k compared to the surgitels which are around 3.1k (so based on price alone the Zeiss win out)

Also, I can't decide between the Surgitel and lumadent light. Could someone who's used these give some advice?
Based off what you said, Zeiss is the way to go. Declination angle maxed out on these, and then reduce working distance slightly should help with posture (raising the patient chair to accommodate as needed).

The cost, clarity, field of view all being better on the Zeiss side make this a no-brainer.

My Surgitel 4.5x flip ups were 2.2k with the Eclipse light (touchless). I love them. The angle of declination is amazing compared to my previous Orascoptics which I returned. The oakley frames are also extremely light and comfy.
Here is a pic of my loupes with the angle.

Members don't see this ad :)
H
My Surgitel 4.5x flip ups were 2.2k with the Eclipse light (touchless). I love them. The angle of declination is amazing compared to my previous Orascoptics which I returned. The oakley frames are also extremely light and comfy.
Here is a pic of my loupes with the angle.

View attachment 272887
How did you get both the loupes and light for only 2.1k haha!? The rep quoted me $4168.50

H

How did you get both the loupes and light for only 2.1k haha!? The rep quoted me $4168.50

I'm not the person you replied to, but I also just ordered surgitel 3.5x + touchless light for $2200 including tax through my school's surgitel rep