Do Med Schools See A+'s?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dartmouth1230

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since A+'s become a 4.0 on AMCAS, do med schools actually see that you received an A+ as opposed to an A?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Whatever AMCAS sends them...so no

I was just wondering because my undergraduate GPA is about a 4.0 but my app was verified earlier today and my BCPM is a 3.91 and total is a 3.90. I understand that A+'s become a 4.0, but I was wondering if med schools actually see that you received an A+ as opposed to an A?

Thanks!

The original transcript marks should be listed on your app, so I think yes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just wondering because my undergraduate GPA is about a 4.0 but my app was verified earlier today and my BCPM is a 3.91 and total is a 3.90. I understand that A+'s become a 4.0, but I was wondering if med schools actually see that you received an A+ as opposed to an A?

Thanks!

You are probably unattractive.

I am pretty sure A+ go to an A on the transcript that AMCAS sends the schools

I'm not sure if the schools see what you originally submitted or just what AMCAS corrects them to. In any case, it doesn't matter so stop worrying about it. Go do something fun.

How does AMCAS view A-'s? Are they also calculated as A- = A = A+??

How does AMCAS view A-'s? Are they also calculated as A- = A = A+??

...what? :uhno:

A- is 3.7, A = A+ = 4.0.

It's the same grading scale used at most schools.

I've got several 'S' for satisfactorys under my belt (since I never disappoint), just need to convert them to a numerical score. 7?

I've already had a secondary application ask me for grades-- I entered 3 A+'s total..... :)

No one likes you :thumbdown:

130870114195.jpg

D's in prereqs are actually counted as "-1's" in the AMCAS calculation. So, if you received an "A" in Herpetology but a "D" in Physics, AMCAS counts it as an overall "1.5" GPA.