Suggestions for last week of studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildTumor

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what are the suggestions for the last week?
Refresh material?
Do more passages?
Eat alot?
Rest?

Members don't see this ad.

Im going to do 4 and 5R today, 6R tuesday, 7R wednesday, 8 thursday, and 9 friday. After each exam I will go over the areas I got wrong, review, and do corresponding sections in the 1001 books. The whole rest and relax thing is not for me; I need to be all MCAT this week to stay in the zone.

I am with Sweet Melissa. I need to do some more verbal practice. I am finding it hard to study sciences now because the more i look at it the more paranoid i get. I figure i have worked hard until this point and there isnt much more i can stuff in that is gonna have any effect on my score. I just figure try and stay focused and positive and hope for the best. I am also going to work out a lot because that helps my stress levels.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep the responses coming. Very interesting.
Personally, I am doing about 12 passages a day this week.
While studying I would take some notes in a yellow legal pad so I guess I'll browse through those...but no books.
Also, I plane on getting a solid seven hours a night of shut eye.
Oh, and I'm praying for a miracle on test day :D

I've made notes for every page of my Princeton science books....
And then I have class notes for every subject..

The last two weeks I'd review both for a chapter and do all the homework I missed from those sections which was a lot because I was too busy typing up those damn notes lol...

Today: Review physics notes, just a read over keep equations fresh
Tues: Chem... same idea
Wed: Orgo... look at the mechanisms one last time but more so make sure I have my seperation techniques sound
Thurs: A read over of bio.....
Fri: Just looking at my examples that I kinda gathered up for the essay....

Mon-Thurs I plan on doing 2 or 3 passages for each subject and then 3 verbal in the evening.....

Saturday: Drinking a Team Pitcher to myself...

Probably hit notecards, work some problems from review books...and mostly just try to get some sleep...

I don't think there's much I can do at this point to significantly improve my scores...so I want to be fresh...

I'm burned out...

timisdaman said:
hmmm guess it's time to start
:laugh: :laugh:

Heres my sched for this week...
SUN: AAMC 9
MON: Review Bio & Orgo
TUES: AAMC 4R
WED: Review Physics/ Gen Chem
THURS: AAMC 6R
FRI: Relax, hope and prey

good luck everyone!

Here's mine
Monday: EK Verbal Test in Morning, Bio Review Afternoon
Tuesday: EK Verbal, Physics Review
Wed: EK Verbal, Gen Chem Review
Thurs EK Verbal, Organic & Misc
Friday EK Verabl, and then relax for the afternoon

timisdaman said:
hmmm guess it's time to start

I plan on reviewing my formulas, working on passages and problems from TPR's Science Workbook, and finishing the EK 101 Verbal Passages. I may take a FL Wednesday and Thursday night. I truly envy those of you who aren't working. It's so hard working 40 hours a week and studying for this. Thank God I took Friday off. I'm seriously considering taking Monday off as well.

FLMD2B said:

I plan on reviewing my formulas, working on passages and problems from TPR's Science Workbook, and finishing the EK 101 Verbal Passages. I may take a FL Wednesday and Thursday night. I truly envy those of you who aren't working. It's so hard working 40 hours a week and studying for this. Thank God I took Friday off. I'm seriously considering taking Monday off as well.

lol I found the key is not to be out of a job but find a job that requires no work...
I played some tennis back in the day lol and ended up getting a job at this tennis club on campus 2 minutes from my house walking.... lol the pay is little but in the summer there is absolutely nothing going on... I answer the phone and tell people what courts they're on..... I honestly am getting paid to study.... which has been such a blessing as I still have a little income flowing and shouldn't compromise my MCAT score for it....

supafield said:
lol I found the key is not to be out of a job but find a job that requires no work...
I played some tennis back in the day lol and ended up getting a job at this tennis club on campus 2 minutes from my house walking.... lol the pay is little but in the summer there is absolutely nothing going on... I answer the phone and tell people what courts they're on..... I honestly am getting paid to study.... which has been such a blessing as I still have a little income flowing and shouldn't compromise my MCAT score for it....
I had one of those jobs back in Florida but I'm on a fellowship at the CDC now so I can't really study at work like I could back home. I'm pretty much going to be a useless blob of mass this week because I am sleep-deprived (due to insomnia and organic chemistry nightmares) and I just want to do a few more practice passages.

haha I know what ya mean, backside nucleophillic attack is enough to frighten anyone...

Members don't see this ad :)
Not much, but I'll probably go over AAMC 9 answers today. I beat Donkey Kong Country 2 on SNES about 30 minutes ago. I might start DK3 later today.

I plan on finishing up my last physics chapter to review (Optics), then review circuits (the bane of my existence).
I am planning on taking the BS and PS of AAMC 8 tomorrow night and review it wednesday. I am pretty confident with verbal so I am going to skip it. Then go over all my wrong answers for the other practice tests I have done. I have made study packets for each test.
Then I am going to call it good some time on thursday.
Also eat lots of ice cream. I have been eating a lot of ice cream in the last two weeks and my score has increased 4 points! Ha hahahaha I know it is the ice cream making the difference.

shook33 said:
Im going to do 4 and 5R today, 6R tuesday, 7R wednesday, 8 thursday, and 9 friday. After each exam I will go over the areas I got wrong, review, and do corresponding sections in the 1001 books. The whole rest and relax thing is not for me; I need to be all MCAT this week to stay in the zone.

:eek:

My schedule for this week is :

Mon- AAMC 7 + EK 101 verbal
Tue- AAMC 9 + EK 101 verbal
Wed- AAMC 8 + EK 101 verbal
Thu - EK 2f + EK 101 verbal
Fri- EK 101 Verbal + Review Essay Topics (think of examples)

Review flash cards everyday

And hope for 33+...

mnmsuccess said:
My schedule for this week is :

Mon- AAMC 7 + EK 101 verbal
Tue- AAMC 9 + EK 101 verbal
Wed- AAMC 8 + EK 101 verbal
Thu - EK 2f + EK 101 verbal
Fri- EK 101 Verbal + Review Essay Topics (think of examples)

Review flash cards everyday

And hope for 33+...

Holy cow...hope you don't get burnt out. :luck: on Sat.

Sheesh I feel like I'm a slacker with all these people taking a full length a day.
I made high yield notes from EK and condensed all the books down to 11 pages total. I'm just going to know those cold and do some practice passages.

Mon: EK VR 101, EK Bio 1001, Review Notes.
Tues: Same as above.
Wed: AAMC 9 taking exact breaks and doing the Writing too.
Thurs: EK VR 101, EK Bio 1001, Review Notes.
Fri: Same as above.
Sat: PS in the morn, BS at lunch
Sat night: I don't know what my feelings will be.

Sun-Mid October: Pray, try not to think about it.

Mon: 6R
Tues: 8
Wednesday Content Review
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Light review (I'm a Sunday taker)

I've been studying like a madman...I'm glad I can rest a little.

Tomorrow : Review 9
Wednesday: Review 8. Vaccuum car. Watch Ricky Bobby w/ some friends
Thursday: Review formula sheets and a few general ideas. wash my car. clean my room.
Friday: Review formula sheets and some other general ideas. wax my car. pack my bag for saturday. pray. a lot.
Saturday morning: Warm up w/ some PS passages.

Everyday: go to bed at 7p and get up at 5a. Tell myself that I am well prepared for this test and there's nothing they can throw at me that i cant figure out. call my friends and tell them that i might possibly get the highest mcat score in history.

BrettBatchelor said:
Sheesh I feel like I'm a slacker with all these people taking a full length a day.
I made high yield notes from EK and condensed all the books down to 11 pages total. I'm just going to know those cold and do some practice passages.

Mon: EK VR 101, EK Bio 1001, Review Notes.
Tues: Same as above.
Wed: AAMC 9 taking exact breaks and doing the Writing too.
Thurs: EK VR 101, EK Bio 1001, Review Notes.
Fri: Same as above.
Sat: PS in the morn, BS at lunch
Sat night: I don't know what my feelings will be.

Sun-Mid October: Pray, try not to think about it.

when are you going over AAMC 9 then? hmm :rolleyes: i quess at night

Dr_Dan_the_man said:

Heres my sched for this week...
SUN: AAMC 9
MON: Review Bio & Orgo
TUES: AAMC 4R
WED: Review Physics/ Gen Chem
THURS: AAMC 6R
FRI: Relax, hope and prey

good luck everyone!

You might want to lay off one of those AAMCs, you might be setting yourself up for burnout

I would cut AAMC 4R and move AAMC 6R to wed, and just review questions/answers the two days before. Just my opinion though, if you feel like you can totally do 4 MCATs in one week, more power to you :)

I don't know if i'm allowed to say this or not, but all that's been going through my mind (no matter what i'm doing) has been how little I know about the MCAT material.

No word of a lie, I was in the middle of "the act" with a smoking hot girl and all that was going through my mind was what the difference was between the two hoffman reactions.

So yeah, i'll be studying every day as much as i can until saturday...because studying for the mcat while worrying about the mcat is better than worrying about the mcat while doing anything else.

ironmanf14 said:
You might want to lay off one of those AAMCs, you might be setting yourself up for burnout

I would cut AAMC 4R and move AAMC 6R to wed, and just review questions/answers the two days before. Just my opinion though, if you feel like you can totally do 4 MCATs in one week, more power to you :)

you ain't gonna learn it now if you don't know it already.....relax crazy people. The key is not working harder, but working smarter.

AMcD3 said:
you ain't gonna learn it now if you don't know it already.....relax crazy people. The key is not working harder, but working smarter.

So if i'm not fully clear on the circuit laws, i shouldn't learn them now...because that feat is impossible?

if you happen to get completely schooled on aamc 9 and get a score lower than tests youve taken in the past, dont freak out.

...but im not speaking from experience....not at all

I took 9 today, and I will finish reviewing it in a lil bit. I will review one chapter of EK physics.
Tomorrow more physics, and maybe some orgo.
Wednesday orgo and bio.
Thursday some verbal, the only thing is that I only have kaplan passages, and everyone says how they are not good at all. do you guys think it is still worth doing?