Advice for 1 week before MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhoenixRising77

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm taking the MCAT on 1/19 and am debating on whether I should finish my UWorld (70% done as of now). I have two AAMC Fls, the section bank, and part of the physics q bank left. I have been doing well on the FLs, but I am a retaker so not sure if that's the reason. At this point is it worth doing more UWorld?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd prioritize AAMC FLs + section bank > UWorld > physics q. Try to finish what you can by the 17th so you can reset your mind the day before the big test.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd prioritize AAMC FLs + section bank > UWorld > physics q. Try to finish what you can by the 17th so you can reset your mind the day before the big test.
Can I ask why you would prioritize the physics qbank last? Physics is my weakest point on UWorld though I tend to do better on the FLs/AAMC material. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
My thinking is that w one week out, hammering more simulated questions will be a better use of your time. Pure physics is a component but not gonna be a huge part of C/P. Focus on strengthening what you can, work on last minute high-yield topics and equations, and try your best.

My thinking is that w one week out, hammering more simulated questions will be a better use of your time. Pure physics is a component but not gonna be a huge part of C/P. Focus on strengthening what you can, work on last minute high-yield topics and equations, and try your best.
Okay, that makes sense. I know that physics is not a big component of the exam; I started the physics qpack and noticed it is not really representative. I'll focus on finishing the other AAMC materials and then use Uworld to hammer out biochem, bio, and psych/soc. Thank you!

Last week: AAMC >> anything else.

You need to focus on realms and confidence in your last week. AAMC materials should be the top priority, even relatively older ones like the Q pack. Use materials by the company making the exam over materials from companies who try to copy the exam.

Reactions: 3 users
Last week: AAMC >> anything else.

You need to focus on realms and confidence in your last week. AAMC materials should be the top priority, even relatively older ones like the Q pack. Use materials by the company making the exam over materials from companies who try to copy the exam.
Okay, I guess I was concerned about Uworld since everyone on the Internet says to finish it all if you can. I’m definitely going to finish the AAMC materials, but I was more wondering whether it was worth fitting in Uworld or being a little more laid back the last couple days.

One hundred percent agree with the sentiment here. The last week is about filling in small gaps in knowledge and getting your confidence in the right place. That is best done with AAMC materials. I found UWorld demoralizing at times, and that was the last thing I needed during the last seven days.

Reactions: 1 user
The general rule of thumb I use for the last week: get rested, practice to ensure you don't lose points on questions on your skills and knowledge that you are strong in, and don't get overconfident. Lot of other posts here on the topic.

Reactions: 2 users
The general rule of thumb I use for the last week: get rested, practice to ensure you don't lose points on questions on your skills and knowledge that you are strong in, and don't get overconfident. Lot of other posts here on the topic.
Thanks! I took the MCAT on 1/19. I just finished the AAMC materials and didn't do much the last couple of days. Fingers crossed.