Ideas for Super Nerdy pre-med / medical school / I am a nerd T-Shirts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christian15213

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After doing my Bio Chem homework this semester Our prof assigned us problems sequencing peptides. while this was fun and a bit challenging for the longer chains. A light bulb went off.

I said I want to make a t-shirt that says, "I sequence peptides" lol, while super nerdy and corny. Most people would not having the slightest clue of what that is and that my peoples is what makes it cool. only a select group of people will have a clue of what it is your talking about.

the shirt reminds of that volvo commeercial where the guy is wearing a t-shirt that says "Varsity Physics" <<<hahahaha... YES... Bring Nerdy Back.

I like the I'm DIENE avatar someone on here has... That floors me too. ahhh stupid nerd humor. Have to love it on a Saturday night after giving 10 hours to a bio chem and Exam Kracker book. I think I am losing it. :smuggrin: :laugh: :smuggrin: :laugh: :smuggrin:

If I really wanted to do this is there a t company that would do it?

Members don't see this ad.

tons

google custom t-shirts

Im pretty sure DKM has that t-shirt, or whatever else lol, He has a bunch of t shirts he sells that are pretty funny

Members don't see this ad :)
Im pretty sure DKM has that t-shirt, or whatever else lol, He has a bunch of t shirts he sells that are pretty funny
I can do the sequence peptides one if you really want it.....but I currently don't have one. I do have one referencing DNA helicase though. :laugh: See the second link in my signature.

I can do the sequence peptides one if you really want it.....but I currently don't have one. I do have one referencing DNA helicase though. :laugh: See the second link in my signature.

LOL, ok now since we have seen your site. I had another idea as well. Ok, what about shirts that would say "Compton Polo Club" or East L.A. Breeders Cup. Or Harlem Sushi Bar.

"If I were an enzyme, I'd be DNA helicase so I could unzip your genes"

I love that one :p

"If I were an enzyme, I'd be DNA helicase so I could unzip your genes"

I love that one :p

lol, at first I didn't think it was funny... until I thought about it and yea... this is what I am talking about. it is "our humor"

47406685_240x240_Front.jpg

None of my friends want to study with me.

None of my friends want to study with me.
rotflmao!

Someone here has the "Better living through CH3CH2OH" shirt-instead of the "better living through chemistry"

DKM, I just wanted to take this time to tell you that there's an error in your Embassy tshirt --- it should say "If you have to call your Embassy"

None the less, nice shirts.

Members don't see this ad :)
just wanted to tell you thnks for the idea...ps as you read this ill have it patened already

I am a runner and as my background on my comp I use to have a pic of me crossing the finish line with the phrase, "Marathon runners do it longer". Runners would love a shirt that said that.

my vote is for "none of my friends want to study with me". when I saw that thread title, I was cracking up.

Check out http://www.cafepress.com/buy/nerd/. There's a wide selection there covering computer geeks, math geeks, science geeks, and MMO geeks. I like "Real men add water to acid!"...there are a ton of good ones though, it just depends what you're into. The prices aren't too bad either....mostly.

LOL, at none of my friends want to study with me. But isn't there a little something missing from it like Bio Major or something? I dunno I think it is so funny because we on SDN know what exactly it is. i.e. if someone did take the time to ask what does that mean... Uhhhh I dunno I think I am over shooting it. yea, its funny chalk it up!!! This reminds me of that TBS commercial when they were calling into the call center asking if a certain situation was funny or not... Ahhhh the stress of boredom. :thumbup:

DKM, I just wanted to take this time to tell you that there's an error in your Embassy tshirt --- it should say "If you have to call your Embassy"

None the less, nice shirts.
I fixed it....thank you for pointing that out. I am also adding some of the other suggestions that people have made.

How about... I'm bringing nerdy back. :laugh: :thumbup:

I dunno but that one where sex = fun that is hillarious.

I found these two to be pretty offensive. But then again, so is the band that you use as your member name.

Attachments

• 199609_1964645_1_huge.jpg
    199609_1964645_1_huge.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 199609_2024523_1_huge.jpg
    199609_2024523_1_huge.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 253
OK, the shirts were intended to be sort of offensive in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way (both of those were suggested by members of SDN by the way, I'm simply delivering what I'm ask to produce); what's wrong with the Dropkick Murphys? I don't see them as any more offensive than a lot of bands (certainly less vulgarity than most rap or similar genres).

I want the String Theory in Theory [insert equation], String Theory in Practice [insert crappily tied knot] shirt. That's hilarious. If I can find it again, I'll post the pic.

OK, the shirts were intended to be sort of offensive in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way (both of those were suggested by members of SDN by the way, I'm simply delivering what I'm ask to produce); what's wrong with the Dropkick Murphys? I don't see them as any more offensive than a lot of bands (certainly less vulgarity than most rap or similar genres).

lol, i just don't like the dkm's.

well, now that you've explained the shirts, they've become less offensive. but i don't know man, anyone wearing those two shirts would be asking for trouble - you agree with that right?

lol, i just don't like the dkm's.

well, now that you've explained the shirts, they've become less offensive. but i don't know man, anyone wearing those two shirts would be asking for trouble - you agree with that right?
True....I wouldn't wear them that's for sure. :laugh:

To each and to their own as far as musical tastes goes. :thumbup:

Hey does anyone have any ideas for a shirt for a Radiologist! Thanks!

I've seen this multiple times, but I like

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate."

all the chemists and biochemists in the house say hey... Our chapter of the ACS never got around to getting these shirts made...

Top Ten Ways That Chemists Do It:

10. Chemists do it in the fume hood.
9. Chemists do it in an excited state.
8. Biochemists do it in triplicate and repeat.
7. Electrochemists do it with greater potential.
6. Pharmaceutical chemists do it with drugs.
5. Organic chemists do it naturally.
4. Analytical chemists do it with precision and accuracy.
3. Polymer chemists do it in chains.
2. Electrochemists do it till it Hertz.
1. Chemists do it on the table periodically.

True....I wouldn't wear them that's for sure. :laugh:

To each and to their own as far as musical tastes goes. :thumbup:

how true - my avatar isn't the most coolest band in the world lol :oops:

lol, I got my first friend to ask me about my myspace, "what do you mean, I sequence peptides do you have any idea of what that is?" I know what that is... blah blah... she is a pre med too... hahahaaha... but the funny part was she only knew what a peptide was and not how to sequence them... never took biochem...

But I have another T-Shirt Idea... I volunteer at a free clinic, weren't you there the other day?

ahhahaahahah:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

Ok but seriously who are making these shirts... because I have to order a couple...

After doing my Bio Chem homework this semester Our prof assigned us problems sequencing peptides. while this was fun and a bit challenging for the longer chains. A light bulb went off.

I said I want to make a t-shirt that says, "I sequence peptides" lol, while super nerdy and corny. Most people would not having the slightest clue of what that is and that my peoples is what makes it cool. only a select group of people will have a clue of what it is your talking about.

the shirt reminds of that volvo commeercial where the guy is wearing a t-shirt that says "Varsity Physics" <<<hahahaha... YES... Bring Nerdy Back.

I like the I'm DIENE avatar someone on here has... That floors me too. ahhh stupid nerd humor. Have to love it on a Saturday night after giving 10 hours to a bio chem and Exam Kracker book. I think I am losing it. :smuggrin: :laugh: :smuggrin: :laugh: :smuggrin:

If I really wanted to do this is there a t company that would do it?

Never, ever have I been able to picture someone loosing it as you have made me do it...kuddos to you my friend, kuddos...(bowing smiley)

i like this algebra t-shirt with this on it

foil.gif

I got two more...

PiloErection's are nice

&

MilkofAmnesia

aka propofol

That would be awesome

christian15213 said:
that would be awesome

You know what would be REALLY awesome? Someone forgetting your SDN password. :laugh:

You know what would be REALLY awesome? Someone forgetting your SDN password. :laugh:

I wish my name was dropkickmecauseIdunnowhyIwouldchooseanameandavatarlikethisbutwhatever

and I had an avatar that show ways of commiting suicide. Like seriously that isn't even funny I think it offensive. Who in their right mind promotes suicide??? oh wait YOU... cause you're so much better than I.:idea: :idea: :thumbup: :idea: :thumbup: :idea: :thumbup:

This one made me laugh today while studying the MCAT's

Entropy, "Like when a clean room over time tends to get dirty."

~EK

christian15213 said:
oh wait YOU... cause you're so much better than I.
Damn straight. Don't ever forget that.

Just to add salt to the wound, also remember more than a couple of people find me funny while almost everyone just finds you annoying. Have a nice night.

I wish my name was dropkickmecauseIdunnowhyIwouldchooseanameandavatarlikethisbutwhatever

and I had an avatar that show ways of commiting suicide. Like seriously that isn't even funny I think it offensive. Who in their right mind promotes suicide??? oh wait YOU... cause you're so much better than I.:idea: :idea: :thumbup: :idea: :thumbup: :idea: :thumbup:

are you serious with this ****? oh my god, man.

Damn straight. Don't ever forget that.

Just to add salt to the wound, also remember more than a couple of people find me funny while almost everyone just finds you annoying. Have a nice night.

I second this DKM. Yes i do.