RareUsername
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To be read with the musical backdrop:
I wish I went to a less competitive state school with less pre-meds and competed for As against smaller fish, given how little institutional difficulty is accounted for in admissions
I wish I chose a major with more GPA padding (at my university, nutrition), since little adjustment is made for more difficult majors
I wish I shopped PIs and prioritized lab culture vs my interest in the topic at hand; it all just becomes IHC and western blots eventually
I wish I planned my semesters well in advance around the easiest professors; the difference in difficulty for some classes was ridiculous
I wish I took more summers and lighter fall/spring semesters. Apparently, the way AMCAS displays credits blurs credits between semesters within the same year
These are all things I've noticed made little difference to the quality of my education or sense of self and made me work harder for an effectively indistinguishable result vs the easier option.
I also wish I was a little bit taller.
I wish I went to a less competitive state school with less pre-meds and competed for As against smaller fish, given how little institutional difficulty is accounted for in admissions
I wish I chose a major with more GPA padding (at my university, nutrition), since little adjustment is made for more difficult majors
I wish I shopped PIs and prioritized lab culture vs my interest in the topic at hand; it all just becomes IHC and western blots eventually
I wish I planned my semesters well in advance around the easiest professors; the difference in difficulty for some classes was ridiculous
I wish I took more summers and lighter fall/spring semesters. Apparently, the way AMCAS displays credits blurs credits between semesters within the same year
These are all things I've noticed made little difference to the quality of my education or sense of self and made me work harder for an effectively indistinguishable result vs the easier option.
I also wish I was a little bit taller.