2008-2009 University of Florida Secondary Applicaiton Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please describe your particular strengths, accomplishments, and/or characteristics that will add to the diversity of the University of FL college of medicine" Limit the response to one page
There is also a page to explain why you want their research track.

Members don't see this ad.

Please describe your particular strengths, accomplishments, and/or characteristics that will add to the diversity of the University of FL college of medicine" Limit the response to one page
There is also a page to explain why you want their research track.

hooray for UF! :) Just had to get that in there.

What are people doing about this peer letter? I kinda feel bad asking a friend to write a letter for me just because it takes a lot of effort and everyone is really busy. My science inclined friends that know me in lab and such aren't as great writers as my humanities friends who don't really know my mad science skills ;o). So I'm torn.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are people doing about this peer letter? I kinda feel bad asking a friend to write a letter for me just because it takes a lot of effort and everyone is really busy. My science inclined friends that know me in lab and such aren't as great writers as my humanities friends who don't really know my mad science skills ;o). So I'm torn.

Well, fortunately I think the ADCOMs aren't asking your peers how well you extract the organic layer ;-) I'd go with the humanities people, myself. It's a character letter, after all. I asked a law student, myself.

shemarty, I'm a wee bit neurotic -- would it be possible to change the spelling of application in the thread...?

:oops:

shemarty, I'm a wee bit neurotic -- would it be possible to change the spelling of application in the thread...?

rivaling shemarty for OCD-ness now that's impressive!

hah just noticed that...why're you giving UF the subconscious shaft shemarty? :D

ignore this, doing admin stuff

How long did it take most of you to get your secondaries from the day that your AMCAS was verified? Just wondering because mine was verified 5 days ago, and I've gotten no word about it.

How long did it take most of you to get your secondaries from the day that your AMCAS was verified? Just wondering because mine was verified 5 days ago, and I've gotten no word about it.

Got mine the day after submitting. It may be different for out-of-state applicants - call the admissions office if you have questions, though. They're very friendly.

I got mine very quickly and I'm from OOS, but my parents both graduated from UF, so that may have played a role in it.

was complete as of today, how are all my other UFers doing?

Members don't see this ad :)
dcohen,

did you get an e-mail stating you were complete or did you call? thanks!

was complete as of today, how are all my other UFers doing?

Still waiting on 'complete' status...it's been a week and a half. The woman in admissions suggested waiting another half week before we looked into what was wrong.

I received the "complete" email on Monday...but when I called a week ago, the admissions office said to wait two weeks before checking back...so I am sure they are still working on sending them out...

I received a generic e-mail entitled:

UF COM: Secondary File Complete

Got it this morning.

UF seriously expects me to remember the date I took the SAT? I don't even remember what year it was except that it was about a decade ago. Sorry for the rant..

UF seriously expects me to remember the date I took the SAT? I don't even remember what year it was except that it was about a decade ago. Sorry for the rant..
I believe it states somewhere in the instructions sheet that you can guesstimate....

Congrats to anybody who has an interview invite from this or any other school so far!

Remember to post them on the interview invite threads :) It's helpful for other SDN members, not only this year but also in the future!

Thanks!

Interview invite today!!!!!!!! So happy!! I love UF!

congrats, wow this has to be the most least used thread ever, didnt even know that a UF secondary thread existed. Come on UF, send me an interview invite!!

Yeah, UF's not getting any SDN love...c'mon where are the UF applicants? Where are the questions?

Where is Fiko's interview? ;) :D

Go Gators! ;)

I have my interview there this coming Friday :D

There's some love for ya!

woohoo!! Yay Leejwwc!!! Knock 'em dead. I really hope you like UF and have a good experience :D. The interview day is kind of long, but they have pretty good food...

PM me if you want to go out for dinner or something afterwards. I'll send my phone # if you're up for going out to eat somewhere in town.

I have love for UF, they just don't have love for me yet...at least this cycle is far from over!

I have love for UF, they just don't have love for me yet...at least this cycle is far from over!

Here's hoping! Make sure you let me know when you hear :D

hey guys..ms1 at uf. email me for any questions about uf, etc.

gl with the interviews!

does anyone have any advice on making a UF vs USF decision? I seem to like USF's facilities and curriculum, however, I know that UF is considered the best in the state, and I really do like gainesville...i just dont know where i would be most happy. :confused:

ACCEPTED!! Gosh I have been wanting to say that for a while.
Now I just need my letter through snail mail so I can relax and know that they weren't "just kidding"

ACCEPTED!! Gosh I have been wanting to say that for a while.
Now I just need my letter through snail mail so I can relax and know that they weren't "just kidding"

don't hold your breath... :)

Accepted Nov 26...hard copy letter came Dec 13.

congrats!!! :D When were you guys complete?

i heard second look weekend will probably be the first weekend of April. Hooray!! Does anyone know if these are typically recommended?

If I don't get any more interview invites by the end of Feb. - I'm sending them my letter of intent, signed with my blood and a commitment to do UF COM's bidding until I die.

And hiya, you ^^

still no other interview invites, I'm going to start panicking realllllly soon.

i heard second look weekend will probably be the first weekend of April. Hooray!! Does anyone know if these are typically recommended?

How do you know when it will be? I hope I don't have tests...

How do you know when it will be? I hope I don't have tests...

i e-mailed Denise and I asked her if she had any idea about it, and she gave me the dates April 3-4 or May 1-2. She said they were leaning more towards april, even though they didnt want to have it that early. She said all other weekends in april have scheduling conflicts.

I was worried about my tests too, and my work schedule, so that is why i asked her. :) Hope that helps!

is UF competitive in terms of sending out secondaries? or do they give it to everyone? and how long does one get rejected after they get secondary? does going into the committee for review mean a good thing or a standard process for UF?

is UF competitive in terms of sending out secondaries? or do they give it to everyone? and how long does one get rejected after they get secondary? does going into the committee for review mean a good thing or a standard process for UF?

i know that UF does give out secondaries to everyone, and I believe that going into the committee for review is just standard practice. I am not sure how long after the secondary is sent in one would get rejected if not offered an interview. I honestly think it depends on the applicant, and the applicant pool. I know, like the situation i am in with many schools, they can leave you in limbo for a long time. I sent in most of my secondaries before august, and there are still a number of schools I have no yet heard anything back from. Uf, specifically, I received an interview invite in September and went in October, and found out their decision on the 15th. So...i guess it just depends

I know people that were rejected pre-secondary. If you submit a secondary it will be reviewed. I called today however and they told me that they dont reject anybody post secondary until march/april

UF has the quickest turnaround time I've ever seen (interviewed a Friday, decision the following Wednesday) and I love them for that..

does anyone know the last interview date (approximately...)?

I believe its the End of March maybe March 23rdish perhaps but I do remember the Admissions Office they extended an extra day of interviewing

did anyone get a Status Pending e-mail saying that the application is still under consideration??

yeah i did, im prolly gonna send them an update now

Any pre-interview news from UF besides the "we are continuing to review your application" email? Anyone know when they are done w/ interview invites? Silence :)

Status
Not open for further replies.