2009-2010 UMDNJ-RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PROMPT

None

LOR REQUIREMENT

Pre-Medical Advisory Committee recommendation or three academic evaluations.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There is no secondary for RWJMS. I just got an email from them:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for submitting your application to Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Attached is a document which provides you with basic information on RWJMS including instructions for submitting your application fee. There is one form which needs to be printed and mailed back with your fee. We will notify you via-email when your application is complete. Interviews will be held from late August through March. All invitations will be sent via email.

Note: RWJMS does not have a secondary application. Letters of recommendation must be submitted to AMCAS via the AMCAS letters service. Please follow instructions in the 2010 Instructions Manual pages 77-81.

Attached documents in MS-Word and PDF formats.

Admissions Office, RWJMS

They could have at least pretended to be giving us something to do while we submit them more money haha. Although I can't really complain, no secondary means more focus on stats and yeah that could be nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
They could have at least pretended to be giving us something to do while we submit them more money haha. Although I can't really complain, no secondary means more focus on stats and yeah that could be nice.

^^^ lol. Though, I appreciate non-pretentiousness and a quick submission!

Gl everyone!

Oh, and I think OOS residents have a brief question along the lines of Why are you applying here? ... I think.

are you sure? I did not see that question, did I miss it:scared:
It was on the first page of the three page document. That wanted to know if you had any connections to NJ.

It was on the first page of the three page document. That wanted to know if you had any connections to NJ.

You mean this: ( also if I have not connection, do I do anything?)

Please inform us via email if you meet any of the following situations:
1) If you or either of your parents/guardian is employed by RWJMS
2) If either of your parents/guardian is on the faculty at RWJMS
3) If you are an out of state resident but have a connection to New Jersey such as having attended high school in New Jersey, having your parents reside in New Jersey, working in New Jersey, etc.

You mean this: ( also if I have not connection, do I do anything?)

Please inform us via email if you meet any of the following situations:
1) If you or either of your parents/guardian is employed by RWJMS
2) If either of your parents/guardian is on the faculty at RWJMS
3) If you are an out of state resident but have a connection to New Jersey such as having attended high school in New Jersey, having your parents reside in New Jersey, working in New Jersey, etc.

If you had no connections than you are fine. No need to do anything.

I said "I think"!!!

Being in-state and knowing that RWJ doesn't require a secondary, I haven't even read over the documents. I know a friend who applied OOS last year and they said they had to write an essay, but maybe that was for UMDNJ-NJMS...idk, they didn't specify or maybe they changed it this year.

In any event, if you have to write something, it's not an in-depth essay or anything.

i just got an e-mail saying that my application was complete:

"The Admissions Office has received your letters of recommendation and the
application fee. Your application is "complete" and we will begin the evaluation
process."

however, i know for a fact that they did not receive my letters of recommendation. weird. should i e-mail them about this?

Yep. This is my favorite kind of secondary :) .

i just got an e-mail saying that my application was complete:

"The Admissions Office has received your letters of recommendation and the
application fee. Your application is "complete" and we will begin the evaluation
process."

however, i know for a fact that they did not receive my letters of recommendation. weird. should i e-mail them about this?

The same thing happened to me...my letters are "not received" according to AMCAS and "not sent" according to my pre-health office, so I'm skeptical that RWJ somehow got them from the future. GREAT SCOTT!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! when were you complete? here's hoping i hear from them sometime soon too...

so i guess if we choose an earlier date we don't get to have an orientation?

so i guess if we choose an earlier date we don't get to have an orientation?
Yes I think you wouldn't get a tour of the campus if you interview before. I really don't mind.lol. I know the place pretty well even though I am OOS. I want the damn interview. Hahaha

uh oh, i was complete on 7/15 and i haven't heard anything yet. my stats aren't great though so i'm not surprised. what are your numbers like?

My stats are not super high but even though I don't want to brag or anything...my background is REALLY unique. Emphasis on unique. Stats: less than 34. cGPA and sGPA more than 3.8 from an Ivy FWIW

I chose the first date that would also have an orientation so I don't have to make 2 trips up...I'm not sure if earlier is necessarily better, doesn't the committee meet for the first time in October anyway? I might be thinking of NJMS though..congrats to everyone who got invites today! :)

I chose the first date that would also have an orientation so I don't have to make 2 trips up...I'm not sure if earlier is necessarily better, doesn't the committee meet for the first time in October anyway? I might be thinking of NJMS though..congrats to everyone who got invites today! :)

Yeah I think anytime before October is fine. I just want to get this ove with and potentially use this as a practice run for the interview cycle. Not that I am not gonna prepare for this though:)

So OOS-ers can apply to UMDNJ RMJMS??!
I was told they don't accept us =/

So how do you know if you are complete or not? They don't have an online system for it do they? I didn't even receive confirmation that they got my money :(

Then again... my premed office takes FOREVER to get the committee letter out (end of august or so). So maybe that's why I haven't heard anything yet...

they will send you an e-mail when you are complete

I got an email, but only after they had everything. So if your letters aren't in, that's a reason why. Also, you could consider calling and finding out. THey use the AMCAS letter system so you should be able to tell if your letters are in by logging into AMCAS and checking that out.

I was complete here a month ago and still no response. Should I consider this to be a rejection?

Got an interview invite today. If anyone else got it, the dates on the bottom interview times, not orientation times, right?

Got an interview invite today. If anyone else got it, the dates on the bottom interview times, not orientation times, right?

Congrats, when were you complete? and are you a NJ resident?

Complete perhaps two weeks ago, and yes, a resident.

got my interview invite on august 4th, best of luck to everyone interviewing

what are the cut offs for MCAT and gpa at this school?

Not sure on cut-offs but the averages are a 3.64 GPA with a ~31 MCAT

Ah...wrong school...

Last edited:
yay finally some NJ Love!!! interview invite by email...first one yet :D

In state, 4.0, 34 MCAT, complete 7/27 good luck everyone!

Ah i am very jealous!!! I want this interview badly!!

Best "secondary" ever! Received on Monday, sent in Tuesday, complete today! Hopefully they'll be as efficient with the processing!

Anyone complete for more than 2 weeks now without hearing anything?

6 weeks and going and i got love for my state

I'm starting to doubt my love for my state...or rather, their love for me, lol. I try to remind myself how ridiculously early it is in this application cycle, and that they are probably only interviewing high stats right now...I try...lol

nothing here either, i already interviewed at NJ medical... RWJ dosn't appear to like me

I interviewed here a week ago.Really low stress. Dean T is the bomb. It's a really cool school and the students seemed happy. I'd be more than happy to go here even though I'm out of state.

damn chill people, this is new jersey we are talking about. they are probably at the shore or having their car stolen

damn chill people, this is new jersey we are talking about. they are probably ... having their car stolen

Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Then why are we getting NJMS invites?

lol i was just asking a question

I interviewed here a week ago.Really low stress. Dean T is the bomb. It's a really cool school and the students seemed happy. I'd be more than happy to go here even though I'm out of state.

Mind sharing when you were complete? And maybe some stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.