Gold Stethoscope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that the chief of medicine or the head of a department use a gold-color stethoscope? Have any of you seen it?

http://www.allheart.com/classicgold.html

Members don't see this ad.

It's located in the same place his ON button is.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should get a gold stethoscope, to match the gold text in your account on hold username.

Oh wait, maybe not since you need to save as much as you can for your "trip" to Germany.

I would like one of those, but just not ready for the blingbling yet.

? how is this a troll thread???

ive seen much stupider treads posted before...

You should get a gold stethoscope, to match the gold text in your account on hold username.

Oh wait, maybe not since you need to save as much as you can for your "trip" to Germany.

Wow, I'm surprised that it took him this long!

I've seen one before. One of my small group facilitators got one from his parents at his med school graduation. It's really nice. His is a Littman Cardio III SE gold-plated, much better than the Classic II that's in your link.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you wear a gold steth I'm going to call you Bob Kelso. End of story.

I've seen one before. One of my small group facilitators got one from his parents at his med school graduation. It's really nice. His is a Littman Cardio III SE gold-plated, much better than the Classic II that's in your link.
I got my cardio III for free, granted it isn't gold-lated.

Gold? How...pedestrian. Mine will be platinum with ivory accents.

what was the post that pushed the mods over the tennisball edge?

ps maybe he'll take this time to learn to talk to the ladiez

I want a diamond-plated stethoscope.

:(

Again with the pointless threads... :rolleyes:
But you're right on time as usual just to tell him how dumb his threads are. :claps:
It is not tradition or policy, but I'm sure some Deans do have really nice stethoscopes. It isn't something you can't buy if you aren't a dean though.
Yeah, seems like something you would have more for decoration. I have yet to see anyone using this scope, or a similar scope. Littmann master cardiology seems to be pretty standard (which is about the same price or even a little more expensive).

The Docs around here either still have the first stethoscope they were ever given prior to starting school (engraved name and all) or they are constantly stalking the nurse for hers. :laugh:

and ewww, who wants MRSA all over thier platinum/ivory :p

I just wanted pink ear buds for my stealth scope. that was a ridiculously hard find.....just to so a BOY doc could steal them from me. Like I wasn't going to notice a dude walking around with pink scope ear buds. Luckily I'm a nice chick and let him keep them (we're twinsies now :D)

ohhh the things people customize/personalize. :oops:

Who cares? It's not like the gold color makes it work better.

Well, theoretically, gold is a better conductor of waves (or so Monster claims)...however, studies haven't really borne this out.

Well, theoretically, gold is a better conductor of waves (or so Monster claims)...however, studies haven't really borne this out.

LOL. same thoughts. LOL. and one after the other. LOL. :laugh:

Bannie, someone said you were being rude on the BU thread :mad:

Is that true?

I dont care?

People can say and feel what they want. I havent been back to the BU thread yet. I guess I'll stay off the BU thread now since I got in already anyway.

Considering how apathetic most people are towards SDN I dont know why they get all sensitive. :rolleyes::oops:

I dont care?

People can say and feel what they want. I havent been back to the BU thread yet. I guess I'll stay off the BU thread now since I got in already anyway.

Considering how apathetic most people are towards SDN I dont know why they get all sensitive. :rolleyes::oops:
stop the hate dont discriminate

I think it does. Gold transmits sound much better..
monster cables are gold too.

bannie failed physics class cause he doesn't know the difference between monster cables and stethoscope tubings

bannie failed physics class cause he doesn't know the difference between monster cables and stethoscope tubings

i know. that physics question on that mcat really stumped me.:rolleyes:

Im sure you will get 15 on physics!

I just bought a gray colored cardio III, I had a black one until I lost it yeasterday. I thought about a gold color, but I don't want to standout too much. I went with the gray because EVERYBODY has a black one. I got it engraved just in case.

I think valuable metals and gems as aesthetic embellishments are overrated. Dude, it's shiny and it sparkles... good for you.

I have been considering getting famous people to sign on my stethoscope with gold ink.

They wear silk scrubs, and take dumps on platinum toilets.

Question: HOW is this thread still alive? :confused:

you should get a gold stethoscope, to match the gold text in your account on hold username.

Oh wait, maybe not since you need to save as much as you can for your "trip" to germany.

boom roasted!

Cheetah spotted is the way to go....it matches my Snuggie