2010-2011 Jefferson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:

If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below.
(*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste. ***)

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
*Runs in and slaps the thread on the tush*

Jefferson is one of my top two choices! Woohoo!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeaaaaa one of my top choices as well!! good luck to everyoneeeee :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hey all,
i was wondering if there is a school-specific discussion board for Jefferson for admitted students? i was recently accepted, and wanted to see where or how to get in touch with other class of 2014 people. i already joined the Facebook group, but is there anything in these forums, or anywhere in Jefferson's network?

thanks

I've heard that Jefferson screens for 8's in each section of your MCAT. Can anyone confirm this?

I've heard that Jefferson screens for 8's in each section of your MCAT. Can anyone confirm this?
The MSAR should have the score ranges for accepted students (or is to matriculants? either way...). I can check my copy when I get home but it is 2 years old.

My 2008-2009 copy of the MSAR shows accepted students MCAT ranges from 8-14 for VR, 7-15 for PS, 8-15 for BS, and the entire range for WS. Looks like their may be some truth to that.

My 2008-2009 copy of the MSAR shows accepted students MCAT ranges from 8-14 for VR, 7-15 for PS, 8-15 for BS, and the entire range for WS. Looks like their may be some truth to that.

Well there is a 7 listed for PS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I know, but I said there might be some truth to it, not that it was definitely the case. There could also be extenuating circumstances there like a a child of an alum or something. :shrug:

My AMCAS has been verified! The status says that the application has been made available to the schools. I was surprised because the AMCAS website states that transmission of applications to schools begin on June 25. Anyway, I am so glad to be complete early.

My AMCAS has been verified! The status says that the application has been made available to the schools. I was surprised because the AMCAS website states that transmission of applications to schools begin on June 25. Anyway, I am so glad to be complete early.

Same.. now I just want the secondaries. I can already tell this whole application season will be a test of my patience.

Same.. now I just want the secondaries. I can already tell this whole application season will be a test of my patience.
just wondering...how long did it take for your amcas to be verified? when did you submit?

just wondering...how long did it take for your amcas to be verified? when did you submit?

Hey, I know you did not ask me...oh well...submitted June 11; verified June 22...11 days.

secondary received @ 11:40 today (central time)!

no real essays it seems. Except for:

9. If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below.
(*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste. ***)

pm'd OP

9. If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below.

pm'd OP

Yeah, I received mine at 12:36pm EST. Wow, I guesss we are supposed to complete the application in 1 seating. Can't even save info and return later.

pm'd OP

Sweeeeeeet!

I wonder, though, what do they expect you to include in that?

Okay umm...checked spam folder, still no secondary... :-/ 12:20 central time.

For those of you who received secondaries, are you last names in the first half of the alphabet?

Received mine at 1:01 PM Eastern..end of the alphabet.

Okay umm...checked spam folder, still no secondary... :-/ 12:20 central time.

For those of you who received secondaries, are you last names in the first half of the alphabet?

Do some schools really do it alphabetically? I mean, I don't see how that could be because I haven't gotten one and my last name starts with D so if it was alphabetical I feel like I should have gotten one already lol. It seems more fair to do it by the order they receive apps, right? Or does our verification date not matter if it is before 6/25 because all of the apps verified before then get released on that same day?

I submitted my AMCAS on June 1st and it was verified on the 2nd. Either way, I should be good-to-go.
Really, I don't understand why I haven't gotten the secondary yet and it's making me a bit scared.

I submitted my AMCAS on June 1st and it was verified on the 2nd. Either way, I should be good-to-go.
Really, I don't understand why I haven't gotten the secondary yet and it's making me a bit scared.

I really wouldn't worry about it. Jefferson doesn't screen, right? You will definitely get yours soon. I wouldn't speculate on the order they send them out because it will drive you crazy!

Does anyone know if the ACT/SAT scores are mandatory?! I definitely don't remember my scores!

Does anyone know if the ACT/SAT scores are mandatory?! I definitely don't remember my scores!

Just kidding! Just found this in the FAQs:

"Are SAT scores required for admission?
No, the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) is required. SAT information provides additional information about standardized testing. Please view our Admissions Brochure."

I received mine at 12:40. I'm at the end of the alphabet and not from PA. I wouldn't worry if you haven't received yours yet. I dont think the email servers can handle them all at once- theres probably no pattern to who recieves them first. I got two secondaries from other schools yesterday around 5:30 and 6:45 yesterday even though the time stamp on the email said they were both sent around noon.

I'm first half of the alphabet from Illinois.

I called to ask them about copy/paste issues, and the admissions lady was surprised they were already out. She said, "oh already? we were waitin for it to download" whatever that means. Really nice lady though, who also confirmed that that is the only prompt. IDK what we're supposed to put for it either... Seems like you could also leave it blank... There's a huge character limit and it's so open ended, I really don't know what to do...

she also told me they're looking for a 3.4 GPA and up, and 9's across the MCAT and up.

3.25 and 34P for me so... idk what will happen.

I'm first half of the alphabet from Illinois.

I called to ask them about copy/paste issues, and the admissions lady was surprised they were already out. She said, "oh already? we were waitin for it to download" whatever that means. Really nice lady though, who also confirmed that that is the only prompt. IDK what we're supposed to put for it either... Seems like you could also leave it blank... There's a huge character limit and it's so open ended, I really don't know what to do...

she also told me they're looking for a 3.4 GPA and up, and 9's across the MCAT and up.

3.25 and 34P for me so... idk what will happen.

Well... you DEFINITELY won't get in if you don't apply :)

okay, so...after submitting the secondary and paying the fee, I went to check the status of my application.

It still displayed "paid fee: no; secondary submitted: no"

Did this happen to anyone else? Do I just have to wait for them to check whether it is complete manually and add my AMCAS LORs for these fields to say 'yes?'

Apparently the ACT and SAT tests are way different than when I took them. For my SAT I only have one verbal score and one math score, and the Jefferson application asked for critical reading/verbal, math and writing scores. For the ACT I have english, math, reading, and science reasoning scores and the Jefferson app only asks for reading, math, and english.

lol. Um... any suggestions before I talk to their admissions office?

Apparently the ACT and SAT tests are way different than when I took them. For my SAT I only have one verbal score and one math score, and the Jefferson application asked for critical reading/verbal, math and writing scores. For the ACT I have english, math, reading, and science reasoning scores and the Jefferson app only asks for reading, math, and english.

Same issue... there were 4 scores for my ACT. But they didn't ask for the science score so I just didn't give it. Mine was low anyway since the science part of the ACT is basically reading comprehension lol..

lol they;re entire secondary is like...

"so do your parents work at JEff?? what about your grandparents, your sister? brother?? what about your wife?? has she breathed Jeff's air?? did any of them study here? does your dog have a connection to Jeff?? we have a connection fetish, do you have a connection?? mmm connections"

my answer:
No.

It's optional. I didn't include mine because I definitely don't remember them.

They probably don't care about the ACT science section because they'll have your MCAT scores...that's what I thought when I saw there was a section missing, anyway...writing was added to the SAT like the year after I took it, so just leave it blank if you don't have it. But their FAQ page says it's optional, as the person above me wrote.

Um...so does anyone's application status actually say their secondary was submitted and payment received? I submitted the app and payment, but the application status never changed.

"so do your parents work at JEff?? what about your grandparents, your sister? brother?? what about your wife?? has she breathed Jeff's air?? did any of them study here? does your dog have a connection to Jeff?? we have a connection fetish, do you have a connection?? mmm connections"

my answer:
No.

Haha same here.

Btw, when it says "(*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste. ***)". It means it. This huge error page comes up if you copy and paste lol.

my answer:
No.

I've been to the Mutter Museum before. Does that count as having a connection? :laugh:

I've been to the Mutter Museum before. Does that count as having a connection? :laugh:

hah its more like a tease of a connection. Maybe we should go take a step inside Jeff before we fill out our secondaries :p

Is anyone having trouble submitting their secondary? I have now typed my whole freaking "Is there any other information you'd like to add" essay and filled out the rest of the application 3 times and it gives me an error. I think the error that starts with this:

Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:17:11 GMT

ORA-12899: value too large for column "SATURN"."SYAJWSA"."SYAJWSA_ADDITIONAL_INFO" (actual: 3014, maximum: 2000)
ORA-06512: at "BANINST1.JMCSAPP", line 5009
ORA-06512: at line 23

I thought it said the maximum characters was 4000 not 2000? What the heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.