QR#103 error?

Started by Xtian
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Xtian

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe I may have found an error in QR#103: two numbers between 1 and 30 inclusive are drawn in a contest. What is the probability that both numbers are even.

The answer book says 1/2 * 1/2=1/4

Shouldn't it be 1/2 * 14/29= 7/29 as one number was already picked?
 
yup-you're def right

if the answer key says that, its prob just assuming you pick a number, put it back and then draw again from the start.
 
I emailed Dr. Romano and Nancy to see if I might be missing something. I'll update this post once I know more.

Xtian
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad