Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've read several comments on here stressing that it's extremely important that you go to medical school in california to get a good california residency (or, indeed, any california residency at all). This is not true. I am in a VERY competitive program and most people here did not go to school in california. Many are california people who came back for residency, and did not find going out of state to be a problem at all. I know this is also true for many of my friends who went out of state--we have all matched extremely well, and many if not most of the people we work with did not stay in california for medical school. So for those of you trying to make decisions about which school to attend based on this, don't. This is a fallacy, and one that will not serve you well in deciding which school to go to.
As someone who has actually gone through the process, I just thought I'd let those of you deciding on schools (or upset about not getting into a California school) know.
Good luck to you all. It's a long process, but definitely worth it.
As someone who has actually gone through the process, I just thought I'd let those of you deciding on schools (or upset about not getting into a California school) know.
Good luck to you all. It's a long process, but definitely worth it.