-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What NOT to do in the Drive Thru...
Started by loo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Tell them to get into the store and do it themselves! Our store never eats that crapHaha please don't give me a your shopping list and make me walk all over the store to shop for you especially when I can see that you have two perfectly working legs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tell them to get into the store and do it themselves! Our store never eats that crap
Thanks for your input. That's not the point of thread.
Do not come through the drive through to add a new patient (especially Medicaid!), to get a refund, to get tax printouts, or to complain about us. You are holding up the line.
Do not drop off your script and drive away before we can make sure you are in the system.
Do not drop-and-run and then come in the store 10 minutes later looking for your filled prescription. If you don't give us a chance to ask when you'll pick it up, we aren't going to designate you as a waiter.
Do not talk on the phone in the drivethrough!
Do not drop off your script and drive away before we can make sure you are in the system.
Do not drop-and-run and then come in the store 10 minutes later looking for your filled prescription. If you don't give us a chance to ask when you'll pick it up, we aren't going to designate you as a waiter.
Do not talk on the phone in the drivethrough!
do not yell into the mic that you need to be counseled on vagasil or any similar products
do not ask for Alli through the drive-thru, if you want to loose weight, come in the store for christ sake
do not ask for Alli through the drive-thru, if you want to loose weight, come in the store for christ sake
http://drugnazi.blogspot.com/
and scroll down to the Friday, February 22nd entry entitled I Think I got Ambien up my Nose.
and scroll down to the Friday, February 22nd entry entitled I Think I got Ambien up my Nose.
http://drugnazi.blogspot.com/
and scroll down to the Friday, February 22nd entry entitled I Think I got Ambien up my Nose.
this guy is great!
i love his blog
Do not roll down your car window and let a cloud of cigarette smoke billow into my face while your kids are in the backseat and you are picking up their Pulmicort and Adderall.
Yeah...please moan about how you had to wait exactly 1 minute 42 seconds for your rx while you take all the time in the world to: write the check that isn't accepted, give us a credit card that isn't accepted, and then finally...digging in the change ashtray for the copay.
I, personally, enjoy your colorful language while this scenario unfolds.
I, personally, enjoy your colorful language while this scenario unfolds.
Take out your frustrations by punching the basket.
I will laugh behind my bulletproof (at least that's what they tell me) glass as the mangled basket puts a big 'ol scratch on your car as you peel out and away.
Karma's a b*ich, 'aint it?
I will laugh behind my bulletproof (at least that's what they tell me) glass as the mangled basket puts a big 'ol scratch on your car as you peel out and away.
Karma's a b*ich, 'aint it?
I will come at it from the other side...
When waiting on customers in the drive thru, do not flick them the "finger".
I know they are a$$holes, but still!!
I have always wanted to put up a sign saying "Closed for repair, come inside".
BTW, I will not work at a store with a drive thru. I did not go to school and get a doctorate to ask if you want fries with that or do you wanna supersize your order.
I think it hurts the professional appearance of pharmacy and not to mention the counseling implications.
When waiting on customers in the drive thru, do not flick them the "finger".
I know they are a$$holes, but still!!
I have always wanted to put up a sign saying "Closed for repair, come inside".
BTW, I will not work at a store with a drive thru. I did not go to school and get a doctorate to ask if you want fries with that or do you wanna supersize your order.
I think it hurts the professional appearance of pharmacy and not to mention the counseling implications.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah, I like giving out the doggie treats. I always give them out, but always forget about the lollipops, though.No, we are not the bank and we do not give out lollipops, dog treats, etc.
Please make sure all your kids are buckled up. Don't let them climb around and on top of the van or SUV while you drop off their ADD prescriptions.
Also we DON'T GIVE flu shots thru the drive thru. NO, you can't just stick your arm into the drive thru opening 🙄 That's by far the stupiest thing I encounter at my drive thru.
Also we DON'T GIVE flu shots thru the drive thru. NO, you can't just stick your arm into the drive thru opening 🙄 That's by far the stupiest thing I encounter at my drive thru.
There's no need for this thread. There's no need for a drive-thru at a pharmacy. There's no drive-thru where I work. There's no drive-thru where I used to work. There's no drive-thru at a hospital pharmacy. There's no drive-thru at a doctor's office. There's no drive-thru at the grocery store. There's no drive-thru at Wal-Mart. There's no drive-thru at the bookstore. There's no drive-thru at the gym.
So... why is there such a thing called a drive-thru pharmacy?
This is the only drive-thru that's necessary, in my opinion, because it's "cultural".
😛
So... why is there such a thing called a drive-thru pharmacy?
This is the only drive-thru that's necessary, in my opinion, because it's "cultural".
😛
Please button-up your blouse so that my retinas don't burn from having seen your ample breasts fall out of your shirt as you lean over.
And when I say "ample", think morbidly obese by choice.
however, it you are hot and have awesome boobs, please do the above👍
I like the way Bartell Drugs runs the drive through. Nothing but non-consult refills. If the pharmacist or patient need to talk, the patient is asked to come inside.
I love it when patients think the drive thru is their personal parking space, or because its okay to drive thru going the wrong way because I do not have a "do not enter" sign posted, even though there is a sign that says "danger, wrong way".
I also love it when the patient starts talking to me through the drive thru window, even though they haven't rolled their windows down. It gives me the opportunity to perfect the "I think your crazy" stare.
I also love it when, someone in the drive thru calls to complains that the car in front of him (the car that is at the window) is taking too long. I always say "I've told them to move, but they don't like the car your driving."
I love it when patients get mad and say "Don't make me come in there!!!" Maybe if they did come inside in the first place, we wouldn't have a problem.
If someone yells in the drive through, I just stare blankly at them for a few minutes after they yell, and say, "oh, I didn't quite hear you, I think you broke the mic." I have also known to pretend that I blew a eardrum, and pretend I'm in excruciating pain, and I say "what" alot thereafter.
it makes me laugh when fat, obese patients get so mad that their cheeks turn red, and when they yell their little honda civic starts to rock back and forth.
I love it when they say that " I provide the worst service ever"... I tell them "it truly is sad that walgreens cant find good help these days (even though she is refering to me)", or I say "Its my first day working at the drive thru." and "what do these button's do, I didn't see these in the video."
I also love it when the patient starts talking to me through the drive thru window, even though they haven't rolled their windows down. It gives me the opportunity to perfect the "I think your crazy" stare.
I also love it when, someone in the drive thru calls to complains that the car in front of him (the car that is at the window) is taking too long. I always say "I've told them to move, but they don't like the car your driving."
I love it when patients get mad and say "Don't make me come in there!!!" Maybe if they did come inside in the first place, we wouldn't have a problem.
If someone yells in the drive through, I just stare blankly at them for a few minutes after they yell, and say, "oh, I didn't quite hear you, I think you broke the mic." I have also known to pretend that I blew a eardrum, and pretend I'm in excruciating pain, and I say "what" alot thereafter.
it makes me laugh when fat, obese patients get so mad that their cheeks turn red, and when they yell their little honda civic starts to rock back and forth.
I love it when they say that " I provide the worst service ever"... I tell them "it truly is sad that walgreens cant find good help these days (even though she is refering to me)", or I say "Its my first day working at the drive thru." and "what do these button's do, I didn't see these in the video."
Do not have your music blasting and expect me to understand your name.
Do not keep pressing the button when I already said I'll be with you as soon as I can.
Do not press the button when you can see me through the window standing there already.
Do not drop off a discharge Rx at 9:50 and expect me to fill before we close in 10 minutes. Go to a 24 hour store!
Do not try to pick up your photos.
Do not just send the RX over from Lane 2 carrier and just leave. We have to make sure we can read your name and that you're on file. Don't get mad when you come back and it is not ready because we couldn't find your name on file or we did not have the item in stock.
Do not keep pressing the button when I already said I'll be with you as soon as I can.
Do not press the button when you can see me through the window standing there already.
Do not drop off a discharge Rx at 9:50 and expect me to fill before we close in 10 minutes. Go to a 24 hour store!
Do not try to pick up your photos.
Do not just send the RX over from Lane 2 carrier and just leave. We have to make sure we can read your name and that you're on file. Don't get mad when you come back and it is not ready because we couldn't find your name on file or we did not have the item in stock.
Don't ask us to send a 24-pack of Pepsi through the window! And don't ask us to open the case and send it through a few cans at a time. Our grocery store is open and Pepsi is not an emergency type item.
If you'd like to pick up something other than your prescription, and it is actually health related, please call ahead of time. I will happily grab your cough syrup or Fleet's phosphosoda if I can actually grab it during a lull. I will not-so-happily get your stuff if you wait until 5 pm on a Monday, when you are in the driveup line along with 6 other cars.
If you'd like to pick up something other than your prescription, and it is actually health related, please call ahead of time. I will happily grab your cough syrup or Fleet's phosphosoda if I can actually grab it during a lull. I will not-so-happily get your stuff if you wait until 5 pm on a Monday, when you are in the driveup line along with 6 other cars.
Please do not get mad when I ask you to pull into Lane 1 because your NuLytely, Polyethglycol, etc., will not fit in the pneumatic tube! What did you expect?
If I can't underastand your last name or phone number becuase you have an extremely thick accent, a very unusual last name, your radio is at full blast and you are in the middle of a phone conversation- please don't yell at me. Just send me your license or credit card... I can't read lips at that distance.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not tell me to hold on while you finish your cell phone conversation about how so and so did such and such -and OMG I can't beleive what she was wearing last night!!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not tell me to hold on while you finish your cell phone conversation about how so and so did such and such -and OMG I can't beleive what she was wearing last night!!!!!
If you're waiting in line for the drive thru, or if we haven't come to the window yet, don't honk your horn. It only makes you look like an idiot.
When you pull up in your Ford F-10000, please turn your engine off before speaking. I can't hear you over the noise of that stupid monster truck engine.
If your window is broken and doesn't roll down, freakin come inside.
Don't come up to pick up your prescription and hand me a new insurance card so I can run it through again. Come inside.
Don't complain that the line is too long for the drive-thru. There may only be one drive-thru lane, but there are 3 registers inside. If you're too fat to come inside, learn to wait.
When you pull up in your Ford F-10000, please turn your engine off before speaking. I can't hear you over the noise of that stupid monster truck engine.
If your window is broken and doesn't roll down, freakin come inside.
Don't come up to pick up your prescription and hand me a new insurance card so I can run it through again. Come inside.
Don't complain that the line is too long for the drive-thru. There may only be one drive-thru lane, but there are 3 registers inside. If you're too fat to come inside, learn to wait.
please don't beg me to get you an OTC item like benedryl, and if I reluctantly do so don't complain that you wanted tablets instead of capsules. After bringing back tablets please dont say, "This is diphenhydramine" "I wanted benedryl".
If you cant remember that you are registered under a hyphenated last name then maybe you should drop your (-fill in the blank) name.
Please don't complain about the wait time in lane 2 when we only have a single lane for drive through. (sad but true story)
If you cant remember that you are registered under a hyphenated last name then maybe you should drop your (-fill in the blank) name.
Please don't complain about the wait time in lane 2 when we only have a single lane for drive through. (sad but true story)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you cant remember that you are registered under a hyphenated last name then maybe you should drop your (-fill in the blank) name.
In my area, these "hyphenated" folks tend to be a little meaner/arrogant than the non-hyphenated folks. I wonder why that is? Maybe they get tired of saying it/spelling it all the time...🙄
I love it when patients think the drive thru is their personal parking space, or because its okay to drive thru going the wrong way because I do not have a "do not enter" sign posted, even though there is a sign that says "danger, wrong way".
I also love it when the patient starts talking to me through the drive thru window, even though they haven't rolled their windows down. It gives me the opportunity to perfect the "I think your crazy" stare.
I also love it when, someone in the drive thru calls to complains that the car in front of him (the car that is at the window) is taking too long. I always say "I've told them to move, but they don't like the car your driving."
I love it when patients get mad and say "Don't make me come in there!!!" Maybe if they did come inside in the first place, we wouldn't have a problem.
If someone yells in the drive through, I just stare blankly at them for a few minutes after they yell, and say, "oh, I didn't quite hear you, I think you broke the mic." I have also known to pretend that I blew a eardrum, and pretend I'm in excruciating pain, and I say "what" alot thereafter.
it makes me laugh when fat, obese patients get so mad that their cheeks turn red, and when they yell their little honda civic starts to rock back and forth.
I love it when they say that " I provide the worst service ever"... I tell them "it truly is sad that walgreens cant find good help these days (even though she is refering to me)", or I say "Its my first day working at the drive thru." and "what do these button's do, I didn't see these in the video."
I don't know you, but from your response, I think I love you. I will remember this if I ever work in retail.
I work at Walgreen's, and I actually had someone from lane 2 get out and walk over to lane 1 (while I was counseling a pt in lane one about their prescription).... I was like "what the hell....."
This drunk guy came through one day, and I couldn't understand a word he was saying, so he threatened to come in and "whup my a$$..."
This drunk guy came through one day, and I couldn't understand a word he was saying, so he threatened to come in and "whup my a$$..."
I love it when patients think the drive thru is their personal parking space, or because its okay to drive thru going the wrong way because I do not have a "do not enter" sign posted, even though there is a sign that says "danger, wrong way".
I also love it when the patient starts talking to me through the drive thru window, even though they haven't rolled their windows down. It gives me the opportunity to perfect the "I think your crazy" stare.
I also love it when, someone in the drive thru calls to complains that the car in front of him (the car that is at the window) is taking too long. I always say "I've told them to move, but they don't like the car your driving."
I love it when patients get mad and say "Don't make me come in there!!!" Maybe if they did come inside in the first place, we wouldn't have a problem.
If someone yells in the drive through, I just stare blankly at them for a few minutes after they yell, and say, "oh, I didn't quite hear you, I think you broke the mic." I have also known to pretend that I blew a eardrum, and pretend I'm in excruciating pain, and I say "what" alot thereafter.
it makes me laugh when fat, obese patients get so mad that their cheeks turn red, and when they yell their little honda civic starts to rock back and forth.
I love it when they say that " I provide the worst service ever"... I tell them "it truly is sad that walgreens cant find good help these days (even though she is refering to me)", or I say "Its my first day working at the drive thru." and "what do these button's do, I didn't see these in the video."
This post was hilarious! I laughed so hard (after reading it twice) that I got the hiccups. Thanks - while working the graveyard shift on a friday night/saturday morning entertainment is rare!🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 643
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K