-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Has anyone tried ESSAY EDGE?
Started by Premed2003
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
bump
I just sent you a PM 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May I please see the PM too??? I am interested in knowing more about this issue.
Thanks,
Tweets
Thanks,
Tweets
Tweetie bird, I just sent you a PM 😀
Tweetie, I sent you a PM today too. 🙂
send me a PM about this too!
Me too, thanks! :wink:
Hey...add me to that PM list.
I used Essay Edge a few weeks ago for my personal statement. It was about $60 for the med school ps. I would recommend it, although I can't say I highly recommend it. I guess it would depend why you need the service. I needed the service to focus my essay and make it flow better. My editor did a really nice job with that. However, I didn't like her writing style and changed a lot of the wording back to how I originally had it. She wrote things that would have never come out of my mouth such as: it was a "soothing" experience. Others who have read my essay agree that her writing wasn't all that great. I am really happy I used the service, because I was having a really hard time staying on track, making the essay fit into the framework I wanted to use (telling a story about one summer of my life and how that affected me), and making it flow. If all you need is to reword some things I wouldn't recommend Essay Edge. Of course... I suppose it all depends on the editor you get!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for making me laugh 😀 😀 😀 . The PM wasn't THAT interesting. I havn't personally used Essayedge, but I am considering it. The SDNer SarahL was a happy customer, and she has used them on a few occasions.
I want a PM too!!
I want a PM too!!
PM's defeat the purpose of a discussion thread. Share the wealth!
One point about essay services...
I think the service is obligated to make changes to any essay that you submit, regardless of the quality. If you paid the 60$, handed in your essay and they gave it back to you a week later with absolutely no alterations, saying "it's perfect", I think you would be a little pissed at having dumped the money for nothing. They understand this, and therefore must make changes, even if they are unnecessary.
So if you are a good writer there is no need for this type of service. However, if you write like me, then this service might come in handy.
One point about essay services...
I think the service is obligated to make changes to any essay that you submit, regardless of the quality. If you paid the 60$, handed in your essay and they gave it back to you a week later with absolutely no alterations, saying "it's perfect", I think you would be a little pissed at having dumped the money for nothing. They understand this, and therefore must make changes, even if they are unnecessary.
So if you are a good writer there is no need for this type of service. However, if you write like me, then this service might come in handy.
Hmmm....I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect essay. Writing is probably my best subject, and I chose to use a professional editing service because I wanted my essay to be exceptional. Essay Edge editors always offered helpful comments.
The best advice, however, came from my sister, who is a superb writer. She could shape not only the style of my essay, but also its content, in a way that an anonymous editor never could. My advice is to use a professional editing service if you think you need it and also show your essay to as many other people as will let you.
And remember that it's still going to be lame, no matter how well written it is, because application essays always come out dorky. Mine do, at least. To my mind they are more or less the 500-word equivalent of getting down on your knees and saying, please, please recognize that I am special and let me in, and by the way some grants would be nice too, if you don't mind? Everyone's opinion on just how to ask this is different, and in the end you just have to go with what sounds right to you.
Hope this helps! Lots of luck to you.
SarahL
The best advice, however, came from my sister, who is a superb writer. She could shape not only the style of my essay, but also its content, in a way that an anonymous editor never could. My advice is to use a professional editing service if you think you need it and also show your essay to as many other people as will let you.
And remember that it's still going to be lame, no matter how well written it is, because application essays always come out dorky. Mine do, at least. To my mind they are more or less the 500-word equivalent of getting down on your knees and saying, please, please recognize that I am special and let me in, and by the way some grants would be nice too, if you don't mind? Everyone's opinion on just how to ask this is different, and in the end you just have to go with what sounds right to you.
Hope this helps! Lots of luck to you.
SarahL
I'm sorry 🙁 . I didn't mean to keep any secrets from anyone. But I really didn't have much informaton about essay edge. I posted a similar question at the end of April and one of the comments I got was
the essay is YOUR voice to adcoms. nuff said
I just felt like some people didn't support this kind of service so I just wanted to let them know.
Please forgive me ...
the essay is YOUR voice to adcoms. nuff said
I just felt like some people didn't support this kind of service so I just wanted to let them know.
Please forgive me ...
•••quote:•••Originally posted by lola:
•our essays are < 5000 characters. my essay is 685 words.•••••Damn, my essay is over a thousand... I'm trying to cut it down! It's so hard to write so much is so few words!
•our essays are < 5000 characters. my essay is 685 words.•••••Damn, my essay is over a thousand... I'm trying to cut it down! It's so hard to write so much is so few words!