Tufts MBS 2013-2014 Housing/ Roommates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

user052512

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you a Tufts MBS Class of 2013-2014 student looking for roommates? Let's use this template to get things started.

1. Your gender?
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)?
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room?
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)?
5. At what time do you typically wake up?
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly?
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together?
8. I hope my roommate and I are: bffs and spend lots of time together, friends and hang out, friendly and cordial, keep to ourselves:
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around?
10. Do you smoke?
11. Contact if interested:
12. Other comments:
 
Last edited:
1. Your gender? Female
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? Female
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? $1100/room
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 11pm
5. At what time do you typically wake up? 7am
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? Orderly and clean
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? Clean our own mess and take turns cleaning common areas
8. I hope my roommate and I are: bffs and spend lots of time together, friends and hang out, friendly and cordial, keep to ourselves: Friends and hang out
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? Yes, but only on weekends (he's a med student in CT so we'll likely be studying)
10. Do you smoke? No
11. Contact if interested: PM me
12. Other comments: I'm a neat, outgoing person who loves to explore local hangouts in the city and I'm really looking forward to checking out what Boston has to offer. I'm also a vegetarian and a big fan of local markets and cooking. My only request would be to have separate pots and pans if you cook meat (sharing dishes etc is fine). I would also prefer to live close to the Med/ Dental campus or somewhere with easy transportation to campus. I'm based in the DC area until the summer, but am happy to make a trip to the Boston area to house hunt and/or meet-up.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Your gender? Female
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? Female
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? $1500/room
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 11-12pm/am
5. At what time do you typically wake up? 7-8am
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? Orderly and clean
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? Clean our own mess/clean together
8. I hope my roommate and I are: bffs and spend lots of time together, friends and hang out, friendly and cordial, keep to ourselves: Friends and hang out/ friendly and cordial
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? No
10. Do you smoke? No
11. Contact if interested: PM me
12. Other comments: I'm looking for someone starting the MBS program in Fall 2013. I'd like to live close to Chinatown (walking or train taking) ...not any more than a 30 minute commute. I'm a very neat, respectful and studious person. I don't have any pets or significant others so that won't be a problem! I'm just looking for someone to share a two bedroom house with to lower costs in Boston! 🙂
 
1. Your gender? Female
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? Female
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? $1300/month (already found a 2 bedroom apartment on the street behind Posner Auditorium)
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 11pm-Midnight
5. At what time do you typically wake up? An hour before class
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean
7. In terms of cleaning we should: Clean our own mess/clean together
8. I hope my roommate and I are: friends and hang out/friendly and cordial 🙂
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? No
10. Do you smoke? No
11. Contact if interested: PM me
12. Other comments: Already found an apartment (2 bedroom) at 94 Tyler Street, one street over from campus in Chinatown. The rent, 1300/month each, is a little steep, but comparable to other apartments in Boston-- also, totally worth the distance from the library/classes! About me, I keep things neat, no pets, pretty easygoing and looking forward to a great year at MBS. Let me know if you're interested!
 
1. Your gender? Male
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? Male
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? ~1200
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? ~12
5. At what time do you typically wake up? 8
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? orderly and clean
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? clean our own mess / clean together
8. I hope my roommate and I are: bffs and spend lots of time together, friends and hang out, friendly and cordial, keep to ourselves: at least friendly and cordial, but it'd be nice to be friends and hang out
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? no
10. Do you smoke? no
11. Contact if interested: PM me
12. Other comments: I would prefer to be close to campus. I like to have fun but will probably (hopefully) be studying all the time. Very easy going and laid back!
 
1. Your gender? Female
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? Female
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? $1300, but flexible
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? Week 12-1, Weekend 1-2
5. At what time do you typically wake up? between 7 -9
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? My space will be orderly and clean, but however you choose to keep your space is up to you!
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? Whatever the situation calls for.
8. I hope my roommate and I are: bffs and spend lots of time together, friends and hang out, friendly and cordial, keep to ourselves: friends and hang out
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? No
10. Do you smoke? No - thats a big deal breaker for me.
11. Contact if interested: PM, me!
12. Other comments: I just graduated from Penn, and am really excited about moving to Boston! I'm extremely easy going with most things. I obviously prefer things to be clean, but I know how things get around exam time, so you'll never hear me nagging. My one priority is being very close to campus, because who wants to waste our precious time commuting? Not me! I love doing things outdoors, being active, playing games of all sorts, meeting new people, and cancer biology..had to throw in the nerdy aspect. I think living with someone else from our program would be ideal, so please contact me if you want to talk more..
 
1. Your gender? female
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? no preference
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room?< $1200
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 11pm-1am
5. At what time do you typically wake up? 7-9am
6. Shared space should be: mostly orderly and clean
7. In terms of cleaning we should: clean own messes, take turns for the rest
8. I hope my roommate and I are: at least cordial, but preferably friendly/hangout occasionally.
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? No
10. Do you smoke? no
11. Contact if interested: pm me
12. Other comments: I'd prefer to be near campus as well, but would be willing to commute ~30 minutes. I have a pet rabbit and am fairly laid back/easygoing. I am open to meeting up in Boston in July to look for apartments/roommates.
 
Last edited:
Hi, another Tufts MBS student and I have signed for a 3 bedroom/2.5 bath town house in South Boston and are looking for another roommate. It's a 10 minute walk to the subway and then another 10/15 minute ride to the Tufts station. PM me for photos and more details, rent will be $950/month without utilities. The other student's girlfriend will be living with us as well as their two dogs (a lab and a german shepherd). I'll answer the relevant questions on our part below:

1. Your gender? 2 males and 1 female
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? No preference
3. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 11pm-1am
4. At what time do you typically wake up? 7-9am
6. Shared space should be: Mostly orderly and clean
7. In terms of cleaning we should: Clean own messes, take turns for the rest
8. I hope my roommate and I are: Friendly and hangout occasionally.
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? Yes, one of us does
10. Do you smoke? No
11. Contact if interested: PM me
12. Other comments: The place is a 3 bed, 2.5 bath so you will have your own bedroom and bathroom but will have to share a shower with somebody (not at the same time). I'm happy to answer any questions in this thread as well as via PM.
 
1. Your gender? Female
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? Female
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? $1000
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 12AM-1AM
5. At what time do you typically wake up? depends on when i have class but usually 8AM
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? I like orderly and clean but would totally be ok with the occasional clutter when finals rolls around
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? Clean our own mess
8. I hope my roommate and I are: bffs and spend lots of time together, friends and hang out, friendly and cordial, keep to ourselves: friends and hangout
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? Ha...my textbooks? Otherwise, nope
10. Do you smoke? Nope
11. Contact if interested😛M me 🙂
12. Other comments: As a person, I am clean about my own living space but will be very attentive towards a shared space i.e. kitchen/bathroom/living room. Though I will not go control-freak either if if there is clutter here and there (especially when finals roll around). I'm really quite flexible: don't mind if you're up late/are loud/want to bring lots of people over. I just like to know these things ahead of time. For myself, I am fairly quiet and am pretty much going to bury my nose in books this coming year. I also enjoy exercising, meeting new people, and reading. I don't mind pets but I am allergic to cats. I'd also prefer living somewhere within a 20 minute commute to Tufts.
 
Hi all, I just committed to the program and am looking for a roommate/a place!

1. Your gender? Male
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? No preference
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? 1200
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 11pm - 1am
5. At what time do you typically wake up? 8am - 9am (will depend on classes)
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? orderly and clean
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? clean our own messes / clean together when comes to communal ares (e.g. living room, bathroom, etc.)
8. I hope my roommate and I are: good friends but respectful of privacy
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? No
10. Do you smoke? No
11. Contact if interested: PM please
12. Other comments: I would prefer to live close to campus or anywhere within 20 to 30 mins by public transit.
 
Haven't officially committed yet but already looking for housing possibilities. I would want to leave near the school preferably South End. Don't know too much about Boston though since I've never been there.

1. Your gender? Male
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? No preference
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? 1000
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 12am
5. At what time do you typically wake up? 9 am
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? Orderly and clean definitely but also understanding to times when people get busy or its exam time.
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? Clean our own mess mostly and clean together where it matters like in the common area.
8. I hope my roommate and I are: bffs and spend lots of time together, friends and hang out, friendly and cordial, keep to ourselves: Friendly and cordial but being friends and hanging out would also be ideal. I think its definitely important to get along and be respectful to roommates.
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? No
10. Do you smoke? No
11. Contact if interested: PM message me or find me on the Tufts Facebook group. Justin Escobar
12. Other comments: I have a lot of experience with living with other people/ I've lived with all guys, I've lived with all girls and I think I've learned a lot when it comes to being mindful and respectful towards others. I'm hoping to be living with another MBS student so at the very least we have that in common and are on similar schedules. I'd rather figure out something sooner than later so let me know!
 
1. Your gender? Female
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? Female
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? ~1100
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 12 am
5. At what time do you typically wake up? 8 am
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? Orderly and clean. Dishes can wait during busy times.
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? Take turns cleaning
8. I hope my roommate and I are: supportive study buddy; can go out and have fun with (if time ever permits) or just hang out together doing anything 🙂
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? No
10. Do you smoke? No
11. Contact if interested😛M message me
12. Other comments: No pets. Time is tight. I'd really like to find a good and affordable place to stay soon. I'd also prefer somewhere that's really close to campus (I know how harsh it can be to walk even 2 blocks to class during winter time...)
 
Last edited:
Hi Guys, I am a female first year med student and is looking for a female roommate for my 2 bedroom apartment. Please PM me if you are interested and I will send more information along. THanks 😀

1. Your gender? Female
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? Female
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? (the rent is 1000/person)
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 11pm
5. At what time do you typically wake up? 7/8 am
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? I like to make everything clean and neat
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? I would prefer taking turns cleaning
8. I hope my roommate and I are: bffs and spend lots of time together, friends and hang out, friendly and cordial, keep to ourselves: friends and hangout sometimes
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? He is around, but he's a 3rd year so he literally has no time.
10. Do you smoke? no
11. Contact if interested: PM please
12. Other comments: I will send more info along if you are interested. please PM me! 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking for an MBSer to fill 1Br in a 3Br apartment. Feel free to PM me if your intrested.

1. Your gender? Male
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? no preference
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? $635
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 11pm-1am
5. At what time do you typically wake up? 7-9am
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean
7. In terms of cleaning we should: clean own messes, take turns to tidy the common area
8. I hope my roommate and I are: preferably friendly/hangout occasionally.
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? No
10. Do you smoke? no
11. Contact if interested: pm me
12. Other comments: The apartment is 20min away fro tufts university.The other roommate is also an MBSer.
 
Last edited:
PM if you are still looking for a roommate.

1. Your gender? Male
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? male or female
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room?< $1300
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 11pm-1am
5. At what time do you typically wake up? 7-9am
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean
7. In terms of cleaning we should: clean own messes, take turns to tidy the common area
8. I hope my roommate and I are: preferably friendly/hangout occasionally.
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? No
10. Do you smoke? no
11. Contact if interested: pm me
12. Other comments: I'd prefer to be near campus, but will to look for housing along the orange or red line.
 
Hey all! Looking for a roommate for a 2 bedroom 2 bath near Copley Square.

Pretty close. According to google maps, a 5 minute walk to Back Bay station, 2 minute ride with one stop to Tufts Medical station, and 4 minute walk to center of Tufts. So overall a pretty great location. $1200 each for combined $2400.

1. Your gender? Female
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? Female
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? 1200
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? hard to say but I am always really really quiet when getting ready for bed/coming back home
5. At what time do you typically wake up? anywhere from 5:30 to 8am
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? i'm pretty flexible. orderly and clean is nice but i understand how things get when it's exam time
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? also flexible. clean our own mess and then have a rotation for other messes.
8. I hope my roommate and I are: bffs and spend lots of time together, friends and hang out, friendly and cordial, keep to ourselves: friends and hang out
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? no, and definitely not planning on it
10. Do you smoke? nope
11. Contact if interested: 510 676 8032 or PM
12. Other comments: i will definitely be studying a lot. also i'll be trying to exercise occasionally (running/hiking) to keep a good balance. i'm really understanding and flexible. Please let me know if you have any questions about me!
 
1. Your gender?
Female

2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)?
No Preference

3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room?
1200

4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)?
11pm-12am

5. At what time do you typically wake up?
Usually 1 hr before class but anywhere from 6-9am

6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly?
Mostly orderly and clean but I understand when times are stressful that it can be tough.

7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together?
Clean own mess- clean shared rooms together

8. I hope my roommate and I are: bffs and spend lots of time together, friends and hang out, friendly and cordial, keep to ourselves:
At least friendly and cordial- friends and hang out ideally

9. Do you have a significant other who will be around?
Not around- works in DC, may visit on occasion but not frequently

10. Do you smoke?
No

11. Contact if interested:
PM me

12. Other comments:
I am a very laid back, easy going and studious person. I enjoy playing sports/going on
runs. Looking for somewhere close to the Tufts Med campus. Can't wait to start! 🙂
 
I was just admitted a few days ago, scrambling to find housing. Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

1. Your gender?
Male

2. Preferred gender of roommate (s)?
Don't care.

3.What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? $800

4.At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)?
Probably around 12 pm. Will probably be studying (and thus pretty quiet).

5.At what time do you typically wake up?
Probably no earlier than 6 am, for work and classes.

6. Shared space should be: clean and mostly presentable. It’s understandable if things get a bit messy during exam time. I'm sure we can work something out.

7. In terms of cleaning we should: clean up after ourselves and figure out how to divide up other chores. I'm open to whatever works.

8. I hope my roommate and I are: respectful of each other's wishes. Hopefully we'll hang out and study together.

9.Do you have a significant other who will be around? No

10.Do you smoke? No

11.Contact if interested: PM
 
Dorm is filled up so I'm also scrambling for housing, haha...

1. Your gender? Male
2. Preferred gender of roommate(s)? No preference
3. What is the maximum you would like to pay for only your room? 1000
4. At what time do you typically go to bed (give or take a couple hours)? 12? 1? I usually don't do anything loud anyway.
5. At what time do you typically wake up? An hour before class or so, though let's say 9 AM.
6. Shared space should be: orderly and clean, sometimes orderly and clean, or disorderly? Clean and sometimes orderly, as long as things don't get too messy.
7. In terms of cleaning we should: take turns cleaning, clean our own mess, clean together? Clean after your own messes, and maybe take turns, although this can be worked out.
8. I hope my roommate and I are:Friendly. If possible it'd be great if we could hang out, but the minimum is cordial.
9. Do you have a significant other who will be around? Nope.
10. Do you smoke? Nope.
11. Contact if interested: PM
12. Other comments: