cycloheximide question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mountaindew2006

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
never heard about this drug. is this a typo on qbanks part. It states that its a great anti-neo drug since it stops euk prot synthesis...

anyone know.. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it affects microtubules in metaphase, and yes is effective in eukaryotic cells. But I dont know about how it is actually used, sorry :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
dknykid1980 said:
is that different from cyclophosphamide?

cyclophosphamide is a nitrogen mustard (alkylating agent). So, I believe, from what other's have posted, that the two drugs are different.

I've never heard of cyclohexamide :confused: . Never heard of it in class, not in my pharmcards, and it's not in first aid :confused: . Is cyclohexamide like Mitomycin C (sp?). Is it also an antibiotic? :confused:

daisygirl said:
cyclophosphamide is a nitrogen mustard (alkylating agent). So, I believe, from what other's have posted, that the two drugs are different.

I've never heard of cyclohexamide :confused: . Never heard of it in class, not in my pharmcards, and it's not in first aid :confused: . Is cyclohexamide like Mitomycin C (sp?). Is it also an antibiotic? :confused:

A quick internet search says that cyclohexamide is a pestacide used in labs.

I did a 'quick internet search' and found that it is indeed an antibiotic. I guess it may be used as a pesticide, but that wasn't what I was looking for ;) .

I just saw the dang word in qbank and was like WTF is that ???? :eek:

but thanks guys for checking..
later

This may not be any consolation for you, but I didnt notice any extremely tricky drugs on the pharm section of the step 1. I dont remember seeing any drug invented by tucan sam in some jungle, the name of which only 2 living people know.