Step I cycloheximide question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mountaindew2006

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
never heard about this drug. is this a typo on qbanks part. It states that its a great anti-neo drug since it stops euk prot synthesis...

anyone know.. 🙁
 
I believe it affects microtubules in metaphase, and yes is effective in eukaryotic cells. But I dont know about how it is actually used, sorry 😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dknykid1980 said:
is that different from cyclophosphamide?

cyclophosphamide is a nitrogen mustard (alkylating agent). So, I believe, from what other's have posted, that the two drugs are different.

I've never heard of cyclohexamide 😕 . Never heard of it in class, not in my pharmcards, and it's not in first aid 😕 . Is cyclohexamide like Mitomycin C (sp?). Is it also an antibiotic? 😕
 
daisygirl said:
cyclophosphamide is a nitrogen mustard (alkylating agent). So, I believe, from what other's have posted, that the two drugs are different.

I've never heard of cyclohexamide 😕 . Never heard of it in class, not in my pharmcards, and it's not in first aid 😕 . Is cyclohexamide like Mitomycin C (sp?). Is it also an antibiotic? 😕

A quick internet search says that cyclohexamide is a pestacide used in labs.
 
I did a 'quick internet search' and found that it is indeed an antibiotic. I guess it may be used as a pesticide, but that wasn't what I was looking for 😉 .
 
This may not be any consolation for you, but I didnt notice any extremely tricky drugs on the pharm section of the step 1. I dont remember seeing any drug invented by tucan sam in some jungle, the name of which only 2 living people know.