Still NO e-mail or change on NRMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tool

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good lord these clowns wait till the last second?? Just release the info already.....

Members don't see this ad.

tool said:
Good lord these clowns wait till the last second?? Just release the info already.....

I know! You'd think their pleasure in knowing all of us are waiting would be done after 3 weeks.
But I think they've said they'd post at 1pm EST, 10pm PST. Don't know abt any email - do they normally send one?
Good luck!

avgjoe said:
I know! You'd think their pleasure in knowing all of us are waiting would be done after 3 weeks.
But I think they've said they'd post at 1pm EST, 10pm PST. Don't know abt any email - do they normally send one?
Good luck!
i thought we got an email at noon, right?
that's what i'm waiting for. otherwise, i'd be outta the house right now. instead of hitting refresh every five seconds.

12PM eastern....not sure if the e-mails are sent out right at that time as well but you can always check the NRMP website....

I thought they sent you an e-mail at 12 noon EST too. Good luck everyone. :)

CANES2006 said:
I thought they sent you an e-mail at 12 noon EST too. Good luck everyone. :)

Whoops you guys are totally right.
Btw, where exactly do we see the info on the NRMP website? I'm logged in, but don't see the correct link (or does it only pop up in 15 mins)

11:45 AM...I can't breathe

Good luck all. I went through this in January and it was brutal.

luna120 said:
11:45 AM...I can't breathe

yes they usually send an email..

oh and u STILL have to wait till thurdsay.. :eek:

8:47am (PST) here.. damn, I guess I'll go take a shower first.

this is all so painful and i hate myself for sitting i n my room refreshing and logged onto the NRMP website...i feel like a lab rat or a crackhead...haven't decided which one yet today

I've got the theme from '24' stuck in my head.
Bleep....bleep.....bleep.....bleep
9 minutes to go.

game_01.gif

Coalboy said:
I've got the theme from '24' stuck in my head.
Bleep....bleep.....bleep.....bleep
9 minutes to go.

Thats funny!! :laugh:

HAHA 24.. I just started getting into that series.. it's on tonight too I think.

1 minute!

0 minutes

melancholy said:
HAHA 24.. I just started getting into that series.. it's on tonight too I think.

1 minute!

Taking their sweet time on the west coast. NRMP website is slow too heh heh.

yeah...matched!

Match Results: Congratulations, you have matched!

Congrats to all....now i just pray it's one of my top 3....

CalBear said:
yeah...matched!

congrats!
where is this posted? I don't see it!

You can go to your NRMP login and check under "my options" i think... i still haven't gotten the email

Great.... now the process starts all over again for the next 72 or so hours. And we thought we were nervous BEFORE??? :scared: :barf:

it shows up on the screen once you log in. good luck all!

NRMP web site won't load for me. Guess it's all the obsessive med students hitting it like crazy.

haven't received anything yet, what the hell is happening?? do they still send an email if u don't match? :scared:

avgjoe said:
congrats!
where is this posted? I don't see it!

Never mind .. saw it - matched!

wheew matched! got it from the NRMP website...still no email

Oh, dear God, I finally was able to log in - matched! What a relief! Here's to getting nervous all over again for Thursday. :D

There we go. Now the wait until Thursday...

no email and after logging out and then back into NRMP says I matched.
It was suppossed to be guaranteed but my heart was still racing!!!!!!!!!!!

matched!
whew, i actually filled out these stupid forms correctly.
72 hours...... here we go......

71 hours and 47 minutes about.. heh heh. Matched btw. Time to get back to life for a few days..

melancholy said:
71 hours and 47 minutes about.. heh heh. Matched btw. Time to get back to life for a few days..

Matched! yet dont know if its plastics or the one g-surg.......wow i feel much better though.

Matched. Surprisingly, my heart rate did not even increase. :D I kind have a gut feeling where I matched months ago.

Got the e-mail just now.

Still no e-mail for me :(

Don't bother with your email. Check the NRMP site. They HAVE it

I matched, I matched, I matched. But where??!?!?!? Man, this waiting sucks!

12:00 my a$$ No e-mail until nearly 1pm. Got it off of the site.

Phew.

Congrats everyone!

Subject: Did I Match?

Are you kidding me? WTF?

I don't know if the unmatched folks got the same one but if so, man that would be harsh.

Hoping for the best in 3 days.

BE

brooklyneric said:
Subject: Did I Match?

Are you kidding me? WTF?

I don't know if the unmatched folks got the same one but if so, man that would be harsh.

Hoping for the best in 3 days.

BE

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

Someone please explain to me why we have to wait until Thursday to find out where we matched. THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!

JetsPickVYoung said:
Someone please explain to me why we have to wait until Thursday to find out where we matched. THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!

The only reason I can think of is to allow time for the scramble.

no oxygen said:
The only reason I can think of is to allow time for the scramble.

I assumed he was asking a rhetorical question but you're right. They don't really want everyone in the class in a room opening up an envelope together on Match Day and for some people to find "sorry you did not match." This way, the Scramble happens and everybody finds out where they're going at the same time.

In other news, I found out from a friend of mine who didn't match that all the unmatched people did get the same email subject "Did I Match?" from NRMP. That is just brutal and, IMHO, a little unprofessional.

BE

brooklyneric said:
In other news, I found out from a friend of mine who didn't match that all the unmatched people did get the same email subject "Did I Match?" from NRMP. That is just brutal and, IMHO, a little unprofessional.

BE

The more I see/hear about this whole process the more I wonder just who the NRMP dudes are - grade schoolers who don't know the basics of efficiency and professionality? Even if they're just clowns who just don't care about the thousands for whom this whole process changes their lives, or who get vicarious pleasure from knowing that their work is affecting so many, it seems like that would have gotten old by now.
But there's just no excuse for such a subject, or the fact that the emails were sent out approximately one hour after the info was available online. I mean, how hard is it to program it in to be sent right on time?

brooklyneric said:
I assumed he was asking a rhetorical question but you're right. They don't really want everyone in the class in a room opening up an envelope together on Match Day and for some people to find "sorry you did not match." This way, the Scramble happens and everybody finds out where they're going at the same time.

BE
I definitely agree with you about the lateness of the emails. As far as the title of the email about "Did I Match?", I wonder if they had no idea what else to really title the email. It's already difficult enough telling people Monday is a match day, but not really a full match and there is a second match day coming up later.

Another thing is that they would probably want a generic email title for everyone (matched and unmatched) due to the privacy that some people desire when passerbys take a glance at email titles. That's just a guess.

Youd think that a little "NRMP - Match" or something would be better than "Did I Match?" for chrissake

So what about those of us with "Congratulations...etc" per the website, but no email yet?

I think the subject title is better than anything else they could come up with. We have gotten several emails from them over the last few days and the entire purpose of this email is "did I match?" so to me it seems perfect. I agree with the person who talked about privacy with the subject line.
I was actually impressed that they could be so efficient as to have such a self-explaining subject line. It is the only time I have been pleasantly surprised by the NRMP.
My thoughts anyway.

You are quite right in assuming the question was rhetorical, but thanks for the responses all the same!!! Let me reiterate, however, THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!

brooklyneric said:

I just talked to a friend who did not match and heard this also. He thought it was pretty funny since he knew he would not match (only ranked one extremely desirable program), but thought others might find it offensive.