Interfolio and AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarolinaGirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I just need to confirm that AMCAS does receive transcripts from interfolio. As a nontrad I had all my transcripts sent there. So I just need to go onto to Interfolio and have them send them to AMCAS?

Help please!

Members don't see this ad.

Official transcripts need to come sealed and directly from the schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Official transcripts need to come sealed and directly from the schools.

Yep, according the AMCAS 2008 instructions: "One official transcript is required from each U.S., U.S. Territorial, or Canadian postsecondary institution at which you have attempted course work, regardless of whether credit was earned."

Ideally, each transcript should come with the Transcript Request form to facilitate processing, but it isn't required. Both of my institutions had online request systems so the transcript went out without the forms, both were processed without issue.

If i have a sealed copy of my transcript that is signed across the back and stamped can i send it to amcas or does it need to be from the registrars office? Anyone know?

when you receive LOR into Interfolio, are you able to see the name of the person who wrote them or how can you tell who each document is from? Also, for those who have used it, did you use their LOR evaluation form for the writers to fill out? Thanks for the help.

If i have a sealed copy of my transcript that is signed across the back and stamped can i send it to amcas or does it need to be from the registrars office? Anyone know?

IT MUST COME FROM THE REGISTRARS OFFICE. They won't take it if it goes to you first.

when you receive LOR into Interfolio, are you able to see the name of the person who wrote them or how can you tell who each document is from? Also, for those who have used it, did you use their LOR evaluation form for the writers to fill out? Thanks for the help.

You obviously haven't used Interfolio yet. You 'set up' a document by selecting the type of document "letter of recommendation etc" and then give it a unique name (Usually what type of letter science,nonscience, and who wrote it). You have the option of making it confidential (recommended) or nonconfidential. If confidential you cannot actually see the document. Then your writers have options of sending the letter in to interfolio like regular mail, can upload themselves, or fax. Once interfolio recieves the document you have full control over where you want to send it. Not familiar witht he LOR evaluation form.

IT MUST COME FROM THE REGISTRARS OFFICE. They won't take it if it goes to you first.

Are you sure? How do you know this? I am just double checking as this could delay some things. I was really counting on being able to use Interfolio, I thought that was a reason to sign up for it?????

Are you sure? How do you know this? I am just double checking as this could delay some things. I was really counting on being able to use Interfolio, I thought that was a reason to sign up for it?????

I've never heard of anyone using Interfolio for transcripts, so I'm not sure about that. Most people use interfolio for LORs

I was asking the person who was asking if they could get a sealed envelope and mail it themselves I KNOW thats not allowed.

But I'm relatively sure it needs to come from the school themselves. Why do you not want the school to send it?

EDIT:

Look through these instructions and see if you can find anything about third party transcripts.
http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2008amcasinstructionsrevised.pdf

Okay I just need to confirm that AMCAS does receive transcripts from interfolio. As a nontrad I had all my transcripts sent there. So I just need to go onto to Interfolio and have them send them to AMCAS?

Help please!
Yep, they transcripts are mailed from your school. Only your LORs are uploaded to Interfolio and mailed out through them.

Found it, from here: http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/faq/transcripts.htm
Can I send an official sealed copy of my transcripts?

AMCAS will not accept transcripts from applicants under any circumstances. Transcripts must arrive directly from the Registrar's office. Registrars should forward transcripts to:AMCAS, Attn: Transcripts AAMC Medical School Application Services, P.O. Box 57326, Washington, DC, 20037.

Why would you send your transcripts to Interfolio? It's pretty much strictly for LORs.

Okay, thanks for your help guys. I guess somewhere down the line I misunderstood interfolio and transcript stuff. I do have my lors and there and now also my transcripts, lol. It is difficult for me to get them as I am a nontrad and living in Inida currently. My poor mother is having to contact four different schools in 3 different states to do this for me, I was trying to make it easeir, oh well.

I will just send them from the schools then.

In case you're wondering how AMCAS would know that the transcript went to you first, the transcript says on it who requested it and if it was picked up or mailed.