Interfolio and AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CarolinaGirl, May 3, 2007.

1. CarolinaGirl

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Okay I just need to confirm that AMCAS does receive transcripts from interfolio. As a nontrad I had all my transcripts sent there. So I just need to go onto to Interfolio and have them send them to AMCAS?

Help please!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mrs.smith

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Official transcripts need to come sealed and directly from the schools.

4. alwaysaangel

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    ^^ What he said.

5. Ersatzious

Ersatzious Mayo MSTP MS1
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yep, according the AMCAS 2008 instructions: "One official transcript is required from each U.S., U.S. Territorial, or Canadian postsecondary institution at which you have attempted course work, regardless of whether credit was earned."

Ideally, each transcript should come with the Transcript Request form to facilitate processing, but it isn't required. Both of my institutions had online request systems so the transcript went out without the forms, both were processed without issue.

6. premeddick

premeddick Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

If i have a sealed copy of my transcript that is signed across the back and stamped can i send it to amcas or does it need to be from the registrars office? Anyone know?

7. Green Grass

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    when you receive LOR into Interfolio, are you able to see the name of the person who wrote them or how can you tell who each document is from? Also, for those who have used it, did you use their LOR evaluation form for the writers to fill out? Thanks for the help.

8. alwaysaangel

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    IT MUST COME FROM THE REGISTRARS OFFICE. They won't take it if it goes to you first.

9. UnderdogMD

UnderdogMD Blow the Whistle!!!
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    You obviously haven't used Interfolio yet. You 'set up' a document by selecting the type of document "letter of recommendation etc" and then give it a unique name (Usually what type of letter science,nonscience, and who wrote it). You have the option of making it confidential (recommended) or nonconfidential. If confidential you cannot actually see the document. Then your writers have options of sending the letter in to interfolio like regular mail, can upload themselves, or fax. Once interfolio recieves the document you have full control over where you want to send it. Not familiar witht he LOR evaluation form.

10. CarolinaGirl

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Are you sure? How do you know this? I am just double checking as this could delay some things. I was really counting on being able to use Interfolio, I thought that was a reason to sign up for it?????

11. alwaysaangel

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    I've never heard of anyone using Interfolio for transcripts, so I'm not sure about that. Most people use interfolio for LORs

I was asking the person who was asking if they could get a sealed envelope and mail it themselves I KNOW thats not allowed.

But I'm relatively sure it needs to come from the school themselves. Why do you not want the school to send it?

EDIT:

Look through these instructions and see if you can find anything about third party transcripts.
    http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2008amcasinstructionsrevised.pdf

12. DoctaJay

DoctaJay bone breaker
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Yep, they transcripts are mailed from your school. Only your LORs are uploaded to Interfolio and mailed out through them.

13. alwaysaangel

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Found it, from here: http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/faq/transcripts.htm

14. Cirrus83

Cirrus83 Too old for this
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Why would you send your transcripts to Interfolio? It's pretty much strictly for LORs.

15. CarolinaGirl

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Okay, thanks for your help guys. I guess somewhere down the line I misunderstood interfolio and transcript stuff. I do have my lors and there and now also my transcripts, lol. It is difficult for me to get them as I am a nontrad and living in Inida currently. My poor mother is having to contact four different schools in 3 different states to do this for me, I was trying to make it easeir, oh well.

I will just send them from the schools then.

16. nick_carraway

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    In case you're wondering how AMCAS would know that the transcript went to you first, the transcript says on it who requested it and if it was picked up or mailed.