30 Day Study Plan--Please Critique :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s2thindi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I took the MCAT June 18 and got a 15/10/10 and am also planning to retake (9/3/09) to make a higher score on Biological...honestly I dont know how much you will get out of redoing practice tests.

My plan is to go through all of the EK 101 and 1001 series. That is no small task. I am keeping a journal on missed questions. Every I miss a question I write down the concept. I am also taking the TPR and Kaplan online tests. Personally, i think retaking the AAMC test takes up too much time if you have done them before. Good luck

I took the MCAT June 18 and got a 15/10/10 and am also planning to retake (9/3/09) to make a higher score on Biological...honestly I dont know how much you will get out of redoing practice tests.

My plan is to go through all of the EK 101 and 1001 series. That is no small task. I am keeping a journal on missed questions. Every I miss a question I write down the concept. I am also taking the TPR and Kaplan online tests. Personally, i think retaking the AAMC test takes up too much time if you have done them before. Good luck

practice as many passages as possible.

1st ones that you haven't done
2nd ones that you have done

Write down concepts that aren't clicking.

I'd appreciate any FEEDBACK!!!! Thanks to everybody who has already replied to my previous posts.

Okay so I posted a few links earlier asking for some advice about retaking the MCAT in September for this cycle and a good way to start studying.

My previous score was a 10PS 9VR 10BS, 29R. I felt okay after taking the test, but felt like it was SO much different than what I studied for and expected. I used the EK series, Audio Osmosis EK, and took AAMC CBT 3-10. I think my average for the AAMC tests was around a 33. I have decided to retake the MCAT on September 4th and have come up with this study plan.

I really want to kill this test (my target score is ideally a 36. I know this is a bit high based on my averages and what not...but I would be happy with a 33-34)

1) Retake AAMC 3-10 for timing, etc. (I realize they will be a less accurate portrayal of my score)
2) Take Gold Standard's 10 CBT (Good tests? Accurate Portrayal?)
3) Use the Exam Krackers 1001 and Verbal 101 Passages
4) Try to read some journals for help with those silly experimental passagers in BS. (Does anybody have any good suggestions for this? I tried Pubmed, but couldn't find any passages/journals that were similar to the actual test passages.)
5) Listen to Audio Osmosis

Opinions? Ideas? Anything else? What am I missing?

PLEASE HELP! I appreciate any advice.

:)

I'll throw in a TPR Workbook, it has a lot of decent passage-based questions. I'll invest much more time in doing problems than reading scientific journals for BS or PS. Reading articles CRITITCALLY can be useful for VR. In the in event u read publications for BS/PS I'll focus more on the scientific rationale behind experiments, what pieces of the apparatus do and how they contribute towards measuring XYZ, I can see this being helpful on interpreting MCAT experiments...

GL..

Members don't see this ad :)
One of these?

http://www.randomhouse.com/princetonreview/medical/mcat/

Which one?

I'm trying to maximize time. I think the Gold Standard CBTS seem like a good idea.... ? I think I need really need to practice endurance...

No.

They are talking about a Hyperlearning MCAT science workbook or Hyperlearning MCAT in class compendium.

These are books you get when you buy the $1800 course. I bought all 7 of the books on ebay.

Practice passages:

- TPR hyperlearning (as stated above)
- EK 1001
- CBTs from Kaplan/TPR/GS/BR (there are almost 30 tests right there, that could be bought)