***Oversupply of Pharmacists***

Started by muksyed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're an idiot.


sorry for posting this and never replying. i'm finishing 2nd year in a top 10 pharmacy school in the nation, so honestly, i simply don't have the time to argue with mindless pre-pharm ******s. you have to be living under a rock to not know that there are well over 100 pharmacy schools in the nation, and that in the past 6-7 years there has been a 30-40% increase in the number of pharmacy schools.

to the people that say they dont give a **** about salary, i laugh in your faces. i want to see how your opinion changes when you have 200+ thousand dollars in school loans and you're hoping to not only pay those off, but also maybe buy a home and raise a few kids some day. if you're so in love with filling prescriptions, please do us money hungry people a huge favor and become a technician.

to the people that say that the market is not saturated, i laugh in your faces. just like my old friend CHEBURASHKA, whom i respect a great deal (as just a couple years ago we were naive pre-pharm ******s posting on these boards) i too have been looking for a job as an intern for well over 6 months and have been unable to find a decent position because we now have not 1, not 2 but 3 pharmacy schools in the tiny state of maryland. california has 10 schools now, so i feel her pain. yes, you can relocate, you can work in alaska, or wyoming or maybe even north dakota, but who wants to do that? i don't think any sane person wants to live in a state where horses outnumber cars and where populations are in the triple digits.

do your research before you come on these threads to flame someone.
 
sorry for posting this and never replying. i'm finishing 2nd year in a top 10 pharmacy school in the nation, so honestly, i simply don't have the time to argue with mindless pre-pharm ******s. you have to be living under a rock to not know that there are well over 100 pharmacy schools in the nation, and that in the past 6-7 years there has been a 30-40% increase in the number of pharmacy schools.

to the people that say they dont give a **** about salary, i laugh in your faces. i want to see how your opinion changes when you have 200+ thousand dollars in school loans and you're hoping to not only pay those off, but also maybe buy a home and raise a few kids some day. if you're so in love with filling prescriptions, please do us money hungry people a huge favor and become a technician.

to the people that say that the market is not saturated, i laugh in your faces. just like my old friend CHEBURASHKA, whom i respect a great deal (as just a couple years ago we were naive pre-pharm ******s posting on these boards) i too have been looking for a job as an intern for well over 6 months and have been unable to find a decent position because we now have not 1, not 2 but 3 pharmacy schools in the tiny state of maryland. california has 10 schools now, so i feel her pain. yes, you can relocate, you can work in alaska, or wyoming or maybe even north dakota, but who wants to do that? i don't think any sane person wants to live in a state where horses outnumber cars and where populations are in the triple digits.

do your research before you come on these threads to flame someone.

I guess you have to go to med school now :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already have two private pharmacies waiting for me to graduate to give me a job and i haven't even gotten accepted yet 😀

Same here! I haven't even finished pre-pharm yet.

so honestly, i simply don't have the time to argue with mindless pre-pharm ******s.
*looks at forum title and section*
Apparently you do.
so i'm finishing 2nd year in a top 10 pharmacy school in the nation
Here is a cookie.
if you're so in love with filling prescriptions, please do us money hungry people a huge favor and become a technician.
My advice to money hungry people: buy a lottery ticket.
i too have been looking for a job as an intern for well over 6 months and have been unable to find a decent position because we now have not 1, not 2 but 3 pharmacy schools in the tiny state of maryland.
So you are saying that because you are unsuccessful at establishing the interpersonal relationships required in order to get you an "in" and an internship, you feel you need to come deter individuals with more determination and confidence, of their desire to become pharmacists. I am sure your
top 10 pharmacy school
is proud to have an individual like you representing it.
 
Last edited:
sorry for posting this and never replying. i'm finishing 2nd year in a top 10 pharmacy school in the nation, so honestly, i simply don't have the time to argue with mindless pre-pharm ******s. you have to be living under a rock to not know that there are well over 100 pharmacy schools in the nation, and that in the past 6-7 years there has been a 30-40% increase in the number of pharmacy schools.

to the people that say they dont give a **** about salary, i laugh in your faces. i want to see how your opinion changes when you have 200+ thousand dollars in school loans and you're hoping to not only pay those off, but also maybe buy a home and raise a few kids some day. if you're so in love with filling prescriptions, please do us money hungry people a huge favor and become a technician.

to the people that say that the market is not saturated, i laugh in your faces. just like my old friend CHEBURASHKA, whom i respect a great deal (as just a couple years ago we were naive pre-pharm ******s posting on these boards) i too have been looking for a job as an intern for well over 6 months and have been unable to find a decent position because we now have not 1, not 2 but 3 pharmacy schools in the tiny state of maryland. california has 10 schools now, so i feel her pain. yes, you can relocate, you can work in alaska, or wyoming or maybe even north dakota, but who wants to do that? i don't think any sane person wants to live in a state where horses outnumber cars and where populations are in the triple digits.

do your research before you come on these threads to flame someone.

Did you pop your collar when you wrote that?

Nice to see you think so highly of your future colleagues!
 
sorry for posting this and never replying. i'm finishing 2nd year in a top 10 pharmacy school in the nation, so honestly, i simply don't have the time to argue with mindless pre-pharm ******s. you have to be living under a rock to not know that there are well over 100 pharmacy schools in the nation, and that in the past 6-7 years there has been a 30-40% increase in the number of pharmacy schools.

to the people that say they dont give a **** about salary, i laugh in your faces. i want to see how your opinion changes when you have 200+ thousand dollars in school loans and you're hoping to not only pay those off, but also maybe buy a home and raise a few kids some day. if you're so in love with filling prescriptions, please do us money hungry people a huge favor and become a technician.

to the people that say that the market is not saturated, i laugh in your faces. just like my old friend CHEBURASHKA, whom i respect a great deal (as just a couple years ago we were naive pre-pharm ******s posting on these boards) i too have been looking for a job as an intern for well over 6 months and have been unable to find a decent position because we now have not 1, not 2 but 3 pharmacy schools in the tiny state of maryland. california has 10 schools now, so i feel her pain. yes, you can relocate, you can work in alaska, or wyoming or maybe even north dakota, but who wants to do that? i don't think any sane person wants to live in a state where horses outnumber cars and where populations are in the triple digits.

do your research before you come on these threads to flame someone.

This coming from a guy who posts his myspace for everyone to see how he calls the dean of his "top 10 pharmacy school" a ****-s***er on the public internet.

I don't care what you have to say... I have infinite times more respect for Chebs than I do for you... and if you read the whole thread you would see that most of us aren't refuting anything you said about it being saturated, or hard to find a position out there. I've lived in 3 of the 4 counties that comprise south Florida and the job openings vary from non-existent to practically begging and pleading for rPH's... so I've seen the extremes, and trust me, Alaska and North Dakota are a stretch. You don't know any better than we do whether or not we will need to move to some rural farm town surrounded by boreal forest when we graduate.
 
This coming from a guy who posts his myspace for everyone to see how he calls the dean of his "top 10 pharmacy school" a ****-s***er on the public internet.

I don't care what you have to say... I have infinite times more respect for Chebs than I do for you... and if you read the whole thread you would see that most of us aren't refuting anything you said about it being saturated, or hard to find a position out there. I've lived in 3 of the 4 counties that comprise south Florida and the job openings vary from non-existent to practically begging and pleading for rPH's... so I've seen the extremes, and trust me, Alaska and North Dakota are a stretch. You don't know any better than we do whether or not we will need to move to some rural farm town surrounded by boreal forest when we graduate.

+1

wordup.gif
 
i came on here to give you my honest opinion based both on my feelings AND knowledge of the state of our future profession. because i am someone who is 2 years ahead in the game i don't think it wouldn be very wise of you to completely disregard it. i know you're all very excited at the possible future opportunity, but the truth is that there isn't much to be excited about today and 4-5 years from now there will most likely be even less to be excited about.

in 2000 pharmacy was on fire, in 2005 it was hot in 2010 it's lukewarm... i'll let you extrapolate to 2015 and 2020. all of my 4th year friends who graduated this year did find work, but they all unanimously agreed that they are doing more work for less pay. there's no more overtime and the 40 hour week is now typically 44-46 at some CVS pharmacies.

go to medical school.
 
i came on here to give you my honest opinion based both on my feelings AND knowledge of the state of our future profession. because i am someone who is 2 years ahead in the game i don't think it wouldn be very wise of you to completely disregard it. i know you're all very excited at the possible future opportunity, but the truth is that there isn't much to be excited about today and 4-5 years from now there will most likely be even less to be excited about.

in 2000 pharmacy was on fire, in 2005 it was hot in 2010 it's lukewarm... i'll let you extrapolate to 2015 and 2020. all of my 4th year friends who graduated this year did find work, but they all unanimously agreed that they are doing more work for less pay. there's no more overtime and the 40 hour week is now typically 44-46 at some CVS pharmacies.

go to medical school.

I understand this, but its no reason to start claiming the sky is falling down and to refer to everyone else as ******s. And what would your 4th year friends know about doing more work for less pay? They've been doing interning/pharmacist type work for what, 3 years max? How do they know it wasn't skewed the other way when they started.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough so I'll make it big and bold

JUST BECAUSE THINGS ARE ONE WAY IN YOUR AREA DOESN'T MEAN ITS TRUE FOR EVERYWHERE
 
I understand this, but its no reason to start claiming the sky is falling down and to refer to everyone else as ******s. And what would your 4th year friends know about doing more work for less pay? They've been doing interning/pharmacist type work for what, 3 years max? How do they know it wasn't skewed the other way when they started.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough so I'll make it big and bold

JUST BECAUSE THINGS ARE ONE WAY IN YOUR AREA DOESN'T MEAN ITS TRUE FOR EVERYWHERE
Amen.


because i am someone who is 2 years ahead in the game i don't think it wouldn be very wise of you to completely disregard it.
You might be two years ahead of the game in a pharmacy school setting, but you are apparently behind most of us in regards to maturity and containment of ego.
You went from "I am God's gift to the SDN's pre-pharmacy forum" to humble in four posts.
 
I understand this, but its no reason to start claiming the sky is falling down and to refer to everyone else as ******s. And what would your 4th year friends know about doing more work for less pay? They've been doing interning/pharmacist type work for what, 3 years max? How do they know it wasn't skewed the other way when they started.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough so I'll make it big and bold

JUST BECAUSE THINGS ARE ONE WAY IN YOUR AREA DOESN'T MEAN ITS TRUE FOR EVERYWHERE


you are right things aren't that way everywhere BUT those are the places that no one will want to live at. Places that are actually nice to live at CA, FL, NYC, AZ, etc are pretty saturated. Even in Atlanta (a very average place) it's hard to find an internship. 🙄
 
you are right things aren't that way everywhere BUT those are the places that no one will want to live at. Places that are actually nice to live at CA, FL, NYC, AZ, etc are pretty saturated. Even in Atlanta (a very average place) it's hard to find an internship. 🙄

People want to live in AZ? I thought they were boycotting us :laugh::meanie:
 
People want to live in AZ? I thought they were boycotting us :laugh::meanie:

I only mention AZ b/c it has nice HOT weather, so it's nice to live for me! 😀

I can see where the OP is coming from about places being saturated. ALL the nice and even the average areas are taken up. Only places left that you can actually have a shot of finding jobs are places like Montana or Wyoming. LOL... Even AZ is saturated I heard.
 
you are right things aren't that way everywhere BUT those are the places that no one will want to live at. Places that are actually nice to live at CA, FL, NYC, AZ, etc are pretty saturated. Even in Atlanta (a very average place) it's hard to find an internship. 🙄

Those places are nice to live for you, but not for everyone. I can think of three or four regions, one of which I've lived in, that I consider to be very nice that have plenty of jobs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those places are nice to live for you, but not for everyone. I can think of three or four regions, one of which I've lived in, that I consider to be very nice that have plenty of jobs.

Where? (I hope it has HOT weather! LOL...)
 
the 40 hour week is now typically 44-46 at some CVS pharmacies.

go to medical school.

So first you COMPLAIN about 44-46 hour work weeks, and then say GO TO MED SCHOOL? Most doctors work more IN 3 DAYS than a pharmacist does in a 5 day work week.

Also, if working 4-6 hours extra a week is the extent of the doom and gloom, I think I will survive.👍
 
you are right things aren't that way everywhere BUT those are the places that no one will want to live at. Places that are actually nice to live at CA, FL, NYC, AZ, etc are pretty saturated. Even in Atlanta (a very average place) it's hard to find an internship. 🙄
Though I see your point about the saturation of bigger cities, don't forget that not everyone wants to live in those places. I guess it's our different upbringings. I live in Buffalo, NY which is great for me. I prefer to live in the country someday with a huge lawn, snowmobiles, fourwheelers, etc. But still be closer to a lake for boating in the summer. I want nothing to do with a concrete jungle of most cities. But like I said, everyone's different. I guess it works out in my favor that I want to work in a place where "no one will want to live at". But in your case and the case of other people looking for jobs in city areas, finding a internship let alone a job will be much more difficult.
 
It's not hot like CA or FL.

Personally I would never want to live in that area lol

I think I could find fun living in a brown burlap sack... but I kinda have misgivings about Cali and Florida too. Mostly because Cali is a bit too liberal for me (but has better humidity than the SE), while both Florida and Cali are very expensive... and I don't really like living in the metro area of those large cities anyway.

i came on here to give you my honest opinion based both on my feelings AND knowledge of the state of our future profession. because i am someone who is 2 years ahead in the game i don't think it wouldn be very wise of you to completely disregard it. i know you're all very excited at the possible future opportunity, but the truth is that there isn't much to be excited about today and 4-5 years from now there will most likely be even less to be excited about.

in 2000 pharmacy was on fire, in 2005 it was hot in 2010 it's lukewarm... i'll let you extrapolate to 2015 and 2020. all of my 4th year friends who graduated this year did find work, but they all unanimously agreed that they are doing more work for less pay. there's no more overtime and the 40 hour week is now typically 44-46 at some CVS pharmacies.

go to medical school.

You're still missing it... we aren't disregarding the issue at hand... but you just can't expect everyone to jump on the band wagon and not flame a thread that was started to tell us not to finish something we're nearly as close to finishing as you are (you've already started, but most of us have been accepted to very good schools as well, and neither of us are guaranteed to graduate- remember, the world is ending in 2012? lol joking)

I don't want to be a doctor, and pre-pharm is not a rock that I've been living under that has somehow blinded me to being unaware of the state of pharmacy. Many of us work in a pharmacy ourselves... I can't speak for everyone, but I had to move 2.5 hours away from Miami after searching for 1.5 years to get my job as a pharmacy technician... so I know how hard it is out there on the streets. lol
 
Really? So the average person in your pharmacy class has 17,000 hours of retail experience across 3 companies and 21 pharmacies? And they also did a side consulting gig where they completely redesigned two pharmacies from the carpet up? And they have training in nine different area of DME supplies?

That's the average person in pharmacy school?

Please. The average person in pharmacy school generally has had zero experience prior actually starting pharmacy school aside from maybe a few hours of volunteering.

And don't try and tell me everyone in pharmacy school has great interviewing skills. I have seen the people who come out of pharmacy school and who interview for jobs... they're freakin' terrible. Half of them probably couldn't hold a conversation with the average person if they try.

I'm not talking about going into residences because that is not what I'm going to do. I'm talking about tailoring myself to fit what my future career will be. I have been carefully crafting my experience so that when I do hit the job market (at which point it will be a bit more depressed than now), that I will stand out.

How many people are 24 years old and have the range of experience I have? I'm gonna guess there is not that many, and it is not the 'average' pharmacy student.

And if you are implying that I am self-centered by your little jab about my 'me-centric' posts, you have no idea who I am. You came into this thread raining all brimstone and fire regarding your personal experiences. Life lesson Cheb, there is a whole world out there aside from where you are.

If you want to make sweeping generalizations about only the experiences in your area, go ahead. But don't come crying to me, or SDN, when you're wrong.
if u r so pro and powerful how come u r still not accepted when u r 24 already...

most people in my school got accepted during their 2nd year undergrad

There is no need to boast the size of ur E-penor here because no one gives a shyt
 
if u r so pro and powerful how come u r still not accepted when u r 24 already...

most people in my school got accepted during their 2nd year undergrad

I chose to finish my degree for several reasons, some in my control and some not. Doing a business degree + pre-pharm prereqs and take roughly a year off means you go to school a wee bit longer.

And very few people are accepted after two years nowadays, so your logic is flawed.

I have my three acceptances thus far, so I'm just fine. But thanks for commenting!
 
This thread has gotten ridiculous. Why does everyone keep this thread alive? People obviously disagree and I think all the points have been made. Yes it is harder to find a job.. (ummm we are in a bad recession.. a huge part of pharmacy is business). If you want to become a pharmacist bad enough you will become one end of story. The difference is people who entered the profession for the money or whatever reason will most likely not have the drive and motivation to do those extra things you need to do to secure a job you want. Sorry if someone already said all this, I have not read through all the masses of posts in this thread nor do I want to.. just two sides spewing out 5h1t.
 
This thread has gotten ridiculous. Why does everyone keep this thread alive? People obviously disagree and I think all the points have been made. Yes it is harder to find a job.. (ummm we are in a bad recession.. a huge part of pharmacy is business). If you want to become a pharmacist bad enough you will become one end of story. The difference is people who entered the profession for the money or whatever reason will most likely not have the drive and motivation to do those extra things you need to do to secure a job you want. Sorry if someone already said all this, I have not read through all the masses of posts in this thread nor do I want to.. just two sides spewing out 5h1t.

I'm more concerned about this lack of internships available. If people from top 10 schools are having issues finding an internship then what about people from unranked schools? Are these hospital internships? Retail? Maybe talk about that some more instead of argue about something 4 years into the future? Please?
 
This thread has gotten ridiculous. Why does everyone keep this thread alive? People obviously disagree and I think all the points have been made. Yes it is harder to find a job.. (ummm we are in a bad recession.. a huge part of pharmacy is business). If you want to become a pharmacist bad enough you will become one end of story. The difference is people who entered the profession for the money or whatever reason will most likely not have the drive and motivation to do those extra things you need to do to secure a job you want. Sorry if someone already said all this, I have not read through all the masses of posts in this thread nor do I want to.. just two sides spewing out 5h1t.

+1

It's so funny... because when I just saw this thread pop up again to the top of the page I thought 'oh not againnn' :laugh:
 
It had to be done.

Even me, who has been reading the forums for about a year now without actually posting until recently (had to wait for that acceptance letter so nothing was jinxed! :laugh:) , feels like the other thread "My Advice: Don't Go To Pharmacy School" was fun to read, but honestly, if your on these forums I say go to *&#@ to Pharm school ...

Forget the "saturation pool."
Forget the loans.
Forget the 6 years of school or more it'll take.
Forget the economy.
Forget the new programs popping up.
Forget the "Top schools in the U.S." (aren't we always told that there isn't really an accurate way to truly judge this anyway? Doesn't everyone have the capability of becoming a Pharmacist after graduation?)

If you like Pharmacy you'll do it. Despite everything, you'll get to where you want to be if that is really where you want to be because nothing will stop you. No matter how many app's it takes, and wait lists, and loans, and hunting for an internship, job, whatever, you'll keep at it until your chosen. End of story. My Advice: Go to Pharmacy School.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you going into pharmacy for a pay check? Because if you are, you should stop right now. You shouldn't do anything just because it pays well, because there's no guarantee how long it will be that way. If, on the other hand, this is a career you have a passion for, and that you would do for as little as $1000 a week, and wouldn't mind doing an extra year or two of residency to get into, then go for it. Yes, demand is decreasing, but it'll never be eliminated. Most career fields have a certain degree of competition. If you get into a brand-new, no-reputation school with a low GPA and then maintain a low GPA through school, you may find yourself with few options. But if you do well throughout school, and go to a college of pharmacy that has actually graduated a few classes and has something of a reputation, you'll be able to find a job. Will it pay $125K a year, with a sign-on bonus? Maybe not. But there's never going to be a special line at the unemployment office for pharmacists.

It comes down to whether you love the career for what it is, rather than what it pays. If you do, go for it. The money will take care of itself.

Someone should make a LOLcat with a pharmacist coat on signing a contract and saying "Wat, no signing bonus?"
 
Pharmacy's cool. I like it.

I, however, also like other things. I'm sure other pre-pharmacy students also like other subjects, besides pharmacy.

If there was another profession that I liked a little less than pharmacy, but paid twice as much, do you think I'd still pursue pharmacy? Money's a factor.

That being said, if pharmacy is something you enjoy and you're not going to lose money (compared to your similarly enjoyable alternatives) by doing it, then saturation/loans shouldn't bother you, since those variables shouldn't mess with your calculations too much, if they come to pass.
 
ironic how a pre-pharm posted this instead of a actual pharmacy student...

Yea but so what? At least it isn't bashing the profession or meant to bring someone down ...supposed to make light of all the negativity about Pharmacists found on the forums lately. Honestly, I'm not an 18 year old out of high school, I'm not just starting college, I didn't study some b.s. major in college, I've been through the sciences, and took on a challenging work load greater than most of my colleagues, I didn't get into Pharmacy school with Mommy and Daddies financial help or even encouragement, so why would my thoughts be any less valid? Your not a Pharmacist either yet so even you don't truly know what it'll be like 10 years from now, but the point is, if your interested in this field its probably not for any old reason. Yea, your right, you might have more insight than I do to date, but I've done my research, I know what I'm in for, and you have to understand that Pharmacy isn't the only crazy curriculum out there. I've been through a lot to get to where I am, and so the hostility is just silly. I'm sorry if you really think I'm not qualified to post a topic about getting through Pharmacy regardless of what others have to say. That's just disappointing that you could turn something lighthearted into something negative because someone of the wrong status in your opinion wrote it. I'm not here to compete with anyone about who studied more, who's been at it longer, who's more interested, has a higher GPA, whatever. Just have fun on the forums! Life's so complicated as is, you don't need to read the forums to analyze posts and who wrote them to see if you can agree or not. :smack:
 
I bet those people who get foreclosed houses ready for resale are doing really well. Oh and my friend worked for a company that helped people transition after a lay-off. She said that when the economy was bad, their business was booming. I wonder if they had to lay-off people themselves when the economy was good...
 
I bet those people who get foreclosed houses ready for resale are doing really well. Oh and my friend worked for a company that helped people transition after a lay-off. She said that when the economy was bad, their business was booming. I wonder if they had to lay-off people themselves when the economy was good...

Heh, that's an interesting perspective. I had no idea there was a company making it's living off transitions like that. Perhaps they could contract with the Army, because going from mint green to civilian clothes was really hard. Sure, they did offer "transition" services but they were woefully inadequate.

I still find myself buying 3 of the same color shirt, tie, and pants and wearing them every day...
 
One of the staff pharmacists at the hospital I volunteer at today was recalling a time in the not-so distant past (2006, lol!) when he was offered a BMW 325i and a $30,000 signing bonus to work for Sutter Health.

wow.
 
It had to be done.

Even me, who has been reading the forums for about a year now without actually posting until recently (had to wait for that acceptance letter so nothing was jinxed! :laugh:) , feels like the other thread "My Advice: Don't Go To Pharmacy School" was fun to read, but honestly, if your on these forums I say go to *&#@ to Pharm school ...

Forget the "saturation pool."
Forget the loans.
Forget the 6 years of school or more it'll take.
Forget the economy.
Forget the new programs popping up.
Forget the "Top schools in the U.S." (aren't we always told that there isn't really an accurate way to truly judge this anyway? Doesn't everyone have the capability of becoming a Pharmacist after graduation?)

If you like Pharmacy you'll do it. Despite everything, you'll get to where you want to be if that is really where you want to be because nothing will stop you. No matter how many app's it takes, and wait lists, and loans, and hunting for an internship, job, whatever, you'll keep at it until your chosen. End of story. My Advice: Go to Pharmacy School.


OMGZ! New pharmacy schools and OBAMAcare are gonna ruin pharmacy profession forever. Be PREPARED for $40K drop in salary and forced to work in rural Kentucky!!! :scared:
 
@ kingofdoctors

if you read carefully, you would have seen he's been accepted... and the line in the brackets within his text.. fail.
So?

Accepted means that he didn't even finish a single year at pharmacy school and his opinion is as valuable as any other pre-pharm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you quote this from?

Haha, just look at all the other forums about this topic. A bunch of them have nutjobs proclaiming the end of the pharmacy profession and halving of salaries in the near future.

Although, if you look at Britain, which has the government run NHS (national healthcare service), pharmacists only get paid on average $50-60K per year (and that's in American dollars, not British pounds). So maybe they're on to something? (probably not, though).
 
Haha, just look at all the other forums about this topic. A bunch of them have nutjobs proclaiming the end of the pharmacy profession and halving of salaries in the near future.

Although, if you look at Britain, which has the government run NHS (national healthcare service), pharmacists only get paid on average $50-60K per year (and that's in American dollars, not British pounds). So maybe they're on to something? (probably not, though).

The pharmacy forum should have several threads running about this topic. Go check it out.

50-60k is not that bad, especially if u get free health insurance =D
 
One of the staff pharmacists at the hospital I volunteer at today was recalling a time in the not-so distant past (2006, lol!) when he was offered a BMW 325i and a $30,000 signing bonus to work for Sutter Health.

wow.

I would've sold the beemer and bought a non-German car so I wouldn't have to spend the $30,000 on maintenance and repairs...

Would you trade it for an American coupe? lol