You know you're a pre-med when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the sake of levity (especially as so many of us are gearing down for the MCAT, application cycle, etc.), I thought I would openly recognize how absurd our lives are.

I'll start:

You know you're a pre-med when: you're attending a research conference in Las Vegas, for 4 days, all expenses paid, and you're by the pool with your two friends - Exam Krackers and Berkeley Review.

Members don't see this ad.

When you hate having to tell professors and advisers that you are premed...

Members don't see this ad :)
When you hate having to tell professors and advisers that you are premed...

How do you know when you've invited a pre-med to your house?
Oh, don't worry, they'll let you know.

You know you're premed when: you get a 5 on AP Physics B and AP Physics C but still insist on taking trig-based physics will that one professor who has to grade generously this year b/c he is up for tenure and student evaluations are taken into account.

when you have yet to go through orientation and sit through your first class but decide to update your profile to "status:medical student" and plaster "class of 2017!!!!" with a whole bunch of weird smiley faces all over the place while mouthing off in the allopathic forums about things you have no clue about

when you have yet to go through orientation and sit through your first class but decide to update your profile to "status:medical student" and plaster "class of 2017!!!!" with a whole bunch of weird smiley faces all over the place while mouthing off in the allopathic forums about things you have no clue about

Lol it is that time of year, isn't it? :thumbup:

*Proceeds to update profile to "status:medical student" and plaster "class of 2017!!!!" as signature, with multiple :love:'s, :D's, :soexcited:'s, :banana:'s, and :biglove:'s*

You know you're a med student when you talk down to premeds then whine about residents talking down to you.

How do you know when you've invited a pre-med to your house?
Oh, don't worry, they'll let you know.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
You know you're a pre-med when you wish the summer was over so that you can go back to school and work hard to try to boost your GPA.

:(

You know you're a pre-med when you're walking around school the next day having had 0 hours of sleep and everyone else is smiling and you're smiling too because you just successfully crammed three weeks of anatomy into one night of studying and you have a leftover monster to carry you through the exam before crashing.

...And you learn from that experience to stop cramming for anatomy :idea:

When you stop bringing up the fact, because it comprises the most pretentious and narcissistic set of connotations that one could hope to muster at the undergraduate level.

When you stop bringing up the fact, because it comprises the most pretentious and narcissistic set of connotations that one could hope to muster at the undergraduate level.

No one likes a pre-med, even a pre-med. Damn pre-meds, they ruined pre-med.

"tryna goto med school" sounds better than "I'm a pre-med"

//​

You know you are premed when you are apprehensive of whether your PI will approve of your career choice. :/

you know you're pre-med when people ask you for medical advice or medical questions because they think you're already a doctor.

You know you're a pre-med when you're posting on a pre-professional forum to assuage your neuroticism.

When you have dream school lists based on prestige and some garbage rank and you haven't even visited them yet or stepped foot in the city.

You win.

When you make threads on SDN entitled, 'you know you're a premed when...' :D

Also, when you talk in a loud voice obsessively about A.) your GPA, B.) your latest Orgo exam or C.) your clinical volunteering on the back of the college shuttle. Seriously, stop doing that, it drives me nuts!

You know you're premed when you have to buy knee pads.

You know you're premed when you start crying about a B in a 1 credit class (srs lol)

You know you're premed when the doctor diagnoses you with with stress fracture in your humerus because everytime the professor asks a question your hand shoots up with an acceleration of 100 m/s^2 because you have to prove to everyone else in the class that you memorized the chapter word for word instead of sleeping that night.

When you make threads on SDN entitled, 'you know you're a premed when...' :D

Also, when you talk in a loud voice obsessively about A.) your GPA, B.) your latest Orgo exam or C.) your clinical volunteering on the back of the college shuttle. Seriously, stop doing that, it drives me nuts!

Lol this

#harvardmedorbust

and

"omaigawd I showed a patient's family where the elevators were! CLINICAL EXPERIENCE!"

and

" when I saw that kid with a bandaid, I knew then that I wanted to be a neurosurgeon and end world hunger (and make $500k)"

Last edited:
"omaigawd I showed a patient's family where the elevators were! CLINICAL EXPERIENCE!"

Wait a second!

Last Tuesday, someone on the bus asked me how to get to the hospital, and I gave him directions. Does that mean the entire bus ride counts as clinical experience???

Please answer soon! This could DOUBLE my clinical experience hours!

Wait a second!

Last Tuesday, someone on the bus asked me how to get to the hospital, and I gave him directions. Does that mean the entire bus ride counts as clinical experience???

Please answer soon! This could DOUBLE my clinical experience hours!

:)

You make your MCAT study schedule, buy your notebooks, highlighters and printer ink, obtain MCAT study materials 7 months before you actually start studying.. :laugh: