Confused about study schedule and what books to buy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmikec93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
*Sorry, submitted twice.*

Members don't see this ad.

IMO*

1. Examkrackers Complete Study Packet (1001 question science books are not necessary, again IMO)
2. Chad Videos to supplement books.
3. (if you want an exhaustive review) The Berkeley Review
4. Something for verbal reasoning such as Examkrackers 101 Questions in Verbal Reasoning.
5. You will need to buy practice tests too, fyi.

Other popular books: The Princeton Review, Kaplan, Examkrackers 1001 Questions (science, rather than verbal reasoning), Nova (although the physics book is good), and Gold Standard.

*A lot of people on here like the SN2ED study plan which uses specific books. I didn't do that plan, but think this is the correct link if you want to inquire: http://studentdoctor.net/reference-materials/3-month-mcat-study-schedule/

Last edited:
IMO*

1. Examkrackers Complete Study Packet (1001 question science books are not necessary, again IMO)
2. Chad Videos to supplement books.
3. (if you want an exhaustive review) The Berkeley Review
4. Something for verbal reasoning such as Examkrackers 101 Questions in Verbal Reasoning.
5. You will need to buy practice tests too, fyi.

Other popular books: The Princeton Review, Kaplan, Examkrackers 1001 Questions (science, rather than verbal reasoning), Nova (although the physics book is good), and Gold Standard.

*A lot of people on here like the SN2ED study plan which uses specific books. I didn't do that plan, but think this is the correct link if you want to inquire: http://studentdoctor.net/reference-materials/3-month-mcat-study-schedule/
I agree!

I used the EK books for science, and supplemented with khan academy videos if I needed more clarification. For verbal I like the TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook and EK 101! And then of course you need to do the full length practice tests.

Last edited: