Pitt waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jas2346

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody originally placed on the waitlist at Pitt received an acceptance yet? When does the waitlist typically start moving. I am trying to decide how long I should wait before I pack up and look for an apt in Philly!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on the waitlist and still waiting to hear... From a previous post, it looks like (as with most other schools) the majority of waitlist movement occurs in the latter half of May and into the summer.

sounds like pitt has waitlisted a whole bunch of people. I am trying to predict my chances being waitlisted, doesn't look too good even though I know a lot of pitt acceptees decline their acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
so the other day, maybe 6 of my classmates and i were in a pbl room, and we realized that every single one of us had been waitlisted and then accepted. i think pitt "traditionally has a lot of waitlist movement" - so keep the faith!

the good thing is that, (i think) since it's ranked, once the movement starts it's pretty fast. they'll get a decline and notify the next one on the waitlist. i know i found out in early may, and least another girl i know found out in mid-july. (i say this to tell you that some of you will find out soon, but even if you don't at first, it doesn't mean you won't.) (sorry, does that make sense? it's the day before an exam, if that explains anything.)

good luck...

I think some SDNers who got into Pitt are waiting for waitlist movement from other schools (like me). You may see a bunch turn down Pitt in May...

For those waitlisted, do you mind posting your stats. I just want to see what the range of applicants waitlisted is in terms of stats relative to mine. BTW i have 3.84 gpa from good public school, 31 MCAT. Thanks

Do a search for Pitt on the mdapplicants.com website. Look at the results for people accepted and waitlisted at Pitt during 2004. A large number of these people (both accepted and waitlisted) have other offers. Some of them have UPenn, Columbia, etc. and a lot of them also state that their top choice is NOT Pitt.

Sounds like the odds of being plucked from the waitlist are decent. In the eternal words of 2Pac...Keep ya head up!