Dr. Phil

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwakster928

A Legal Drug Dealer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just a random thought....

is dr. phil md or psyd? i am just asking since i am watching his show... perhaps the richest doc out there.

Members don't see this ad.

kwakster928 said:
Hey guys just a random thought....

is dr. phil md or psyd? i am just asking since i am watching his show... perhaps the richest doc out there.

i'm pretty sure he has a phd. i have to add that him and his show are a joke to the field of psychology. i don't know anyone in the field who thinks highly of him, same with the bermann sisters.

maybe they are just jealous because of the boat load of money that he makes.

Members don't see this ad :)
emogrrrrl said:
i'm pretty sure he has a phd. i have to add that him and his show are a joke to the field of psychology. i don't know anyone in the field who thinks highly of him, same with the bermann sisters.

because he sucks at what his doing or becuase of jealousy? perhaps i should ask this question to psyD forum...

kwakster928 said:
because he sucks at what his doing or becuase of jealousy? perhaps i should ask this question to psyD forum...

i was going to get my phd in clinical psych but changed my mind. i love the field and it's people like dr. phil who give the field a bad name. i have several friends who are pursuing their phd in psychology and every single one of them, including every professor i've had in the field, think he's a joke. people aren't jealous, he's just making a mockery of the field. he's capitalizing on how much America believes anything they see on television. alot of people watch his show thinking they are receiving some sort of therapy, and that's the way his show is advertised. but if you read the fine print his show is for entertainment purposes only. he's not as bad as "dr. laura", but he's pretty close.
i think you should post your questions about him in the phd/psyd forum. i'm pretty sure anyone entering the field at this level of education would agree with me. i'd be surprised if they praised him as a psychologist. again, i could be wrong.

What?!?! You mean a guy can't solve all of your problems in a 60 minute show with commercials? I'm shocked! [/sarcasm]

Yeah, I hate the guy, too. He does an amazing job of blending the lines between professions. Does anyone else find it humorous that a guy with a PhD in psychology is pushing a weight loss program complete with its own "Dr. Phil approved" diet food? Now if you'll excuse me I think I'll go ask my podiatrist to give me a dental checkup.

WVUPharm2007 said:
What?!?! You mean a guy can't solve all of your problems in a 60 minute show with commercials? I'm shocked! [/sarcasm]

Yeah, I hate the guy, too. He does an amazing job of blending the lines between professions. Does anyone else find it humorous that a guy with a PhD in psychology is pushing a weight loss program complete with its own "Dr. Phil approved" diet food? Now if you'll excuse me I think I'll go ask my podiatrist to give me a dental checkup.

:laugh: , no kidding.

FutureRxGal said:
Not to mention his genius "diet" plans... Are you pear-shaped or apple-shaped? ;) :laugh:

Actually pear-shaped and apple-shaped are terms used to determine in what areas your body deposits fat. It's actually in medical literature that the "apple shape" is associated with more health problems.

emogrrrrl said:
Actually pear-shaped and apple-shaped are terms used to determine in what areas your body deposits fat. It's actually in medical literature that the "apple shape" is associated with more health problems.

I'm aware of that. I just don't buy into the whole concept that if you are one of those two shapes that you can buy his foods with correct fruit on the box and expect to lose weight. Call me skeptical. :rolleyes:

FutureRxGal said:
I'm aware of that. I just don't buy into the whole concept that if you are one of those two shapes that you can buy his foods with correct fruit on the box and expect to lose weight. Call me skeptical. :rolleyes:

I really haven't heard or read anything about his diet plan (b/c I think Dr. Phil is ridiculous). But I abolutely agree with you that you can't simply place everyone in one of two categories and expect them to lose weight simply by buying his foods.

What do you guys think of his counseling in other areas? ex there is this episode about a lady who keeps on repeatedly cheating on her husband while her kids are spinning of control. I really didn't think that she has any mental problems but then she might have been a guest on the show for entertainment..... We can all watch her and shake our heads and ask- God, how could she do this? :laugh:

I think it's therapeutic to watch people with more problems than me. It makes me feel better about myself. ;)

Dr. Phil has a PhD in Psychology and its time to get real!

i think andy dick and dr. phil are pretty much equal on my annoying list. actually adny dick's new show on mtv is pretty distubing...

bananaface said:
I agree. But, Jerry Springer is so much less annoying than Dr. Phil!

Yeah, but on Dr. Phil you don't see people throwing punches and chairs (oh wait, THAT was on Geraldo! :) )

I like some of the Dr. Phil"isms"

Not to mention, he looks like he himself may need a diet plan.