Cardiothoracic Surgery Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bovie9

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good pocket guide or review book for CT surgery?

Members don't see this ad.

"Manual of Perioperative Care in Cardiac Surgery" by Robert Bojar. It's the bible...

isn't that book a bit on the large side? I seem to remember it being like 650 pages or something. I think he wanted something a bit more manageable. Wish I had one to suggest but I'm not overly interested in CT. I just remember seeing the Bojar book in the bookstore.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, it's definitely not a great "pocket guide" but you can pick and choose the info you need.

Bojar's book "Manual of Perioperative Care in Adult Cardiac Surgery" is golden and brand new. But since you are interested in a less comprehensive, more pocket-style CS-ICU book, i recommend you "The Johns Hopkins Manual of Cardiac Surgical Care" . It's a bit old (1994) but still golden (beware cause there might be a new edition on the way)

Thanks - I've been reading Bojar. It is pretty good, I will probably buy it.

Bovie9 said:
Anyone know of a good pocket guide or review book for CT surgery?
Hi there,
I like Handbook of Patient Care in Cardiac Surgery. There is a brand new edition with everything that you need and nothing that you don't. Fits easily in your pocket.
njbmd :D