Weill Medical College of Cornell University Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CreativeWriter

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey you all --

I have been accepted for next's year class! I am VERY happy! I am not sure where I will end up, but I thought it would get this post started!

I am not sure how many received the early offer of acceptance, but please share your thoughts!

happy holidays to you all,

:luck: :D :)

Members don't see this ad.

when did you interview?

CreativeWriter said:
Hey you all --

I have been accepted for next's year class! I am VERY happy! I am not sure where I will end up, but I thought it would get this post started!

I am not sure how many received the early offer of acceptance, but please share your thoughts!

happy holidays to you all,

:luck: :D :)

Yay!!! I came on here tonight for the sole purpose of finding out if anyone had started a Cornell thread!!! I too am not 100% sure that I'll end up there, but it's definitely at the top of my list. (However, I'm still not completely sure that I didn't get that email yesterday by mistake, in a bit of shock, I'll feel safer once I get that letter in the mail ;))

But yeah, Cornell rocks!! So excited!!!

congrats to everyone else who got in yesterday! I hope to see you all in the fall! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
docwannabe2 said:
Yay!!! I came on here tonight for the sole purpose of finding out if anyone had started a Cornell thread!!! I too am not 100% sure that I'll end up there, but it's definitely at the top of my list. (However, I'm still not completely sure that I didn't get that email yesterday by mistake, in a bit of shock, I'll feel safer once I get that letter in the mail ;))

But yeah, Cornell rocks!! So excited!!!

congrats to everyone else who got in yesterday! I hope to see you all in the fall! :D

Congrats to you, too! I am sure that you will end up where you will be the happiest!

I interviewed back in October!

CreativeWriter said:
Congrats to you, too! I am sure that you will end up where you will be the happiest!

I interviewed back in October!

would you pick mich over cornell??

acidhouse303 said:
would you pick mich over cornell??

I am now torn! I don't know yet...still have a few months to decide...too many factors to consider, so it's not as simple as it seems.

How did your interview/decision go with UMich? I hope is all good news! :luck:

Congrats to those accepted..awesome school!

They rejected me sans interview...The only school to do such a horrid thing to me ;) Anyway, congrats to you...but I think it would be funny if you guys decided you didnt like it there and all taught them a lesson for ignoring me lol! Seriously though...I'm pretty sure I'm in awe of ya'll!

the1111gal said:
They rejected me sans interview...The only school to do such a horrid thing to me ;) Anyway, congrats to you...but I think it would be funny if you guys decided you didnt like it there and all taught them a lesson for ignoring me lol! Seriously though...I'm pretty sure I'm in awe of ya'll!

The nerve :) , rejecting a fellow floridian post-secondary. Tell you what... I won't attend in your honor.

(unless they give me mad financial aid, then all bets are off sister. :) )

man im pissin in my pants to get in here; i havent even interviewed yet tho; i was only complete in mid nov. Hopefully they dont hold that too much against me; I was under the impression that cornell is a non-rolling school tho; is that columbia?

Cornell is "mostly" non-rolling.

They accept a few "exceptionally well-qualified" candidates early.

It's a brilliant way to butter up a portion of their accepted applicants.

Heck I feel ready to be served beside some hash, eggs, fried tomatos, and baked beans. (I really love english breakfast mmmmm) :thumbup:

twicetenturns said:
Cornell is "mostly" non-rolling.

They accept a few "exceptionally well-qualified" candidates early.

It's a brilliant way to butter up a portion of their accepted applicants.

Heck I feel ready to be served beside some hash, eggs, fried tomatos, and baked beans. (I really love english breakfast mmmmm) :thumbup:
\

well gee, thats a bit conceited.
butter is fattening. :(

Yeah, I am dying to get in here as well...loved everything about the place. I interviewed in early November, and now I am wondering what I am missing from my app, because I thought I was pretty competetive to get in a little early.

Members don't see this ad :)
what was the subject in the email you got for acceptance? they dont call? oh well

FaytlND said:
Yeah, I am dying to get in here as well...loved everything about the place. I interviewed in early November, and now I am wondering what I am missing from my app, because I thought I was pretty competetive to get in a little early.

yaypoker said:
what was the subject in the email you got for acceptance? they dont call? oh well

It comes up as....

Welcome to Weill Cornell Medical College!

I interviewed mid-November (the week before thanksgiving)

To Indy: I really wouldn't see too much into it. My best friend didn't get in and he's amazing enough that he's warranted merit scholarships already at other places and has gotten in to amazing places. I'm sure in march he'll get in.

So don't think anything of the fact that some of us have heard- while it was great for me to hear, I'm sorry that it's made others more nervous about this silly process. Everything works out in the end!

acidhouse303 said:
\

well gee, thats a bit conceited.
butter is fattening. :(

Sorry, I have to watch my facetiousness.

I put "exceptionally well qualified" in quotes, because I don't know if that is actually the case. I feel like they quickly make the decisions on people who interview early, tell them that only "exceptionally well qualified" applicants get early offers, and then make offers to a bunch of folks - thus buttering them up to cornell. Wasn't trying to toot my own horn, rather just expressing how I felt their buttering up tactic works.

Butter is fattening, I try to avoid it myself :)

sockandmittens said:
I interviewed mid-November (the week before thanksgiving)

To Indy: I really wouldn't see too much into it. My best friend didn't get in and he's amazing enough that he's warranted merit scholarships already at other places and has gotten in to amazing places. I'm sure in march he'll get in.

So don't think anything of the fact that some of us have heard- while it was great for me to hear, I'm sorry that it's made others more nervous about this silly process. Everything works out in the end!

hey where is your signature quote from sock&mit; sounds familiar

hey where is your signature quote from sock&mit; sounds familiar

william saroyan- on writing

CreativeWriter said:
I got the e-mail on Saturday... this is one of my top choices but I still have some thinking/ waiting to do.

Cornell is awesome!

Anyone know Cornell's grading policy in M1 and 2? P/F? ABCD?

Thanks!

skiracer123 said:
Anyone know Cornell's grading policy in M1 and 2? P/F? ABCD?

Thanks!
I am pretty sure it is Honors/Pass/Fail

schofield kid said:
nope, but i'll bump this.
Yes, I heard from them via email on Friday (interviewed mid-December), and I will definitely be attending! :) :)

I can only imagine how nerve-wracking this must be for interviewed applicants that haven't heard anything by now. I'm pulling for you guys! :)

Psycho Doctor said:
yes, e-mails went out last friday, maybe some on Thursday too

will you be going to cornell? just curious.

eulogia228 said:
I can only imagine how nerve-wracking this must be for interviewed applicants that haven't heard anything by now. I'm pulling for you guys! :)

Its very frustrating...I hope that they are still sending out a few more acceptences.

Electrophys said:
Its very frustrating...I hope that they are still sending out a few more acceptences.

I had thought I wasn't interested in Cornell but a most certain rejection by Harvard makes me want to get into Cornell. I called this morning and was told that no decision had been reached on my application, and that decisions are made throughout March.

GuyLaroche said:
I had thought I wasn't interested in Cornell but a most certain rejection by Harvard makes me want to get into Cornell. I called this morning and was told that no decision had been reached on my application, and that decisions are made throughout March.

Where are you leaning towards, Guy? It sounds like you're going to be deciding between urban and cold (somewhere in the NE) and less-urban, not-so-cold (Duke)...

bidster said:
Where are you leaning towards, Guy? It sounds like you're going to be deciding between urban and cold (somewhere in the NE) and less-urban, not-so-cold (Duke)...

Really it is UPenn or Duke for me. It's always been that. It was never any of the other schools I interviewed at. Still, rejection from Harvard needs something else to temper the pain. That is where Cornell and Yale come in. This is all just to help me feel better about myself. It's sad but that is the honest truth.

GuyLaroche said:
Really it is UPenn or Duke for me. It's always been that. It was never any of the other schools I interviewed at. Still, rejection from Harvard needs something else to temper the pain. That is where Cornell and Yale come in. This is all just to help me feel better about myself. It's sad but that is the honest truth.

GuyLaroche, let's just go to UPenn. Wanna?

I already posted on the an old Cornell thread, but this one seems more active. I got the email on Friday too (@ about 4:30pm).

Is there anyone going to both Columbia and Cornell's second looks?

Is anyone else going to the Cornell minority revisit this weekend?

juniper456 said:
will you be going to cornell? just curious.
why if i go, does that mean half of the sdners will decline?
honestly i haven't made a decision but it was one of my top choices. i still have several others to hear from.

ajt2003 said:
GuyLaroche, let's just go to UPenn. Wanna?
Wanna?

Are you kidding? I'd totally go to Penn! I love that school. But does it love me? The Ivy med schools aren't feeling me, I think.

Treg said:
Is anyone else going to the Cornell minority revisit this weekend?

cornell has a special minority revisit weekend? what counts as a minority?

Because of this thread I am now compulsively checking my email again. I'd finally started moving out of OCD, so now I'm back in.

I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue... (Can anyone ID the quote?) :D

I am kinda upset, because while admissions keeps saying decisions are made through march, past years' threads have shown only waitlists and rejections coming in a batch in mid march with all acceptances before then. I can't help but feel admissions is not telling the truth. sorry for being such a pessimist

bleh4788 said:
I am kinda upset, because while admissions keeps saying decisions are made through march, past years' threads have shown only waitlists and rejections coming in a batch in mid march with all acceptances before then. I can't help but feel admissions is not telling the truth. sorry for being such a pessimist

... i was about a hair's width away from insanity and you really just tipped me over the edge.

AnnieShiro said:
... i was about a hair's width away from insanity and you really just tipped me over the edge.

This is my first post...I have read SDN every once in a while throughout the application process and have never felt the need to post. But, I NEED to post...I'm going crazy and no one in my life understands why...so I turn to you, SDNers. I NEED to hear from Cornell. I just need to know, one way or the other. I haven't received an acceptance email or a waitlist or <gulp> rejection letter. I interviewed the day before Thanksgiving. I sent them a letter Feb 8th telling them I'd give them my first born. I followed it up with a phone call.

I just need to know. Are there any chances of getting in still or am I doomed for waitlist or rejection at this point? :confused:

p.s.- Usually, I am much more sane, calm, and collected.

AnnieShiro said:

I feel your pain, girl. Just remember, the admission office is on record saying that decisions are made through March. (Sorry, I'm not clever enough to have figured out how to quote two posts in one reply, so somewhere on the second page someone said they called.) That's what I'm counting on. I too would really love some love from the Ivy League. Otherwise, it's State School for me! (Not necessarily my home state though!)

DianaLynne said:
I feel your pain, girl. Just remember, the admission office is on record saying that decisions are made through March. (Sorry, I'm not clever enough to have figured out how to quote two posts in one reply, so somewhere on the second page someone said they called.) That's what I'm counting on. I too would really love some love from the Ivy League. Otherwise, it's State School for me! (Not necessarily my home state though!)

Hi everyone, I just got waitlisted, I posted all the details on a new thread. If u have any questions about the specifics of my waitlist, PM me.

Blinky_1 said:
Hi everyone, I just got waitlisted, I posted all the details on a new thread. If u have any questions about the specifics of my waitlist, PM me.

One more thing...it says in their letter that the class if filled up already. Doh!!!!!!

I was one of the handful of applicants to receive an invite at the beginning of March. They're all done now, and Cornell said they'd send out decisions late March, so whenever you're accepted, could you please state when you interviewed?

Blinky_1 said:
One more thing...it says in their letter that the class if filled up already. Doh!!!!!!

DOH! I haven't heard back from them yet... I guess that means my rejection/waitlist letter is on the way... =(

I got my waitlist letter today... interviewed 12/8...

I posted in the Cornell waitlist thread too. Not cryin' over the waitlist though, almost as pleased as when I got my first acceptances. Congrats to you all who have your feet in the door (I have a toe) :luck:

sweetpeamd09 said:
I got my waitlist letter today... interviewed 12/8...

I posted in the Cornell waitlist thread too. Not cryin' over the waitlist though, almost as pleased as when I got my first acceptances. Congrats to you all who have your feet in the door (I have a toe) :luck:

WOOooohooo! Waitlisted means that I still have a chance, baby! I agree with you, sweetpeamd. I was as happy to open this letter as I was opening acceptances. Let's stay positive!

Again, to those of you holding Cornell acceptances, but planning to go elsewhere, let 'em go as soon as you can. Thanks. :D

At this point I'm likely going to Cornell (just two more schools to hear from and I'm not sure I'd pick them over it), so I'll be at the second look weekend!

I hope to meet those accepted and those soon to be accepted off the waitlist there! I'm really excited =)

[I can't help you out on estimating acceptance timing since I was in the early batch in dec- sorry!]