Temple University (LKSOM) MD Class of 2022!

Started by MedScat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedScat

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on our acceptance to Temple! I know it's still early and many people haven't decided where they will be attending but after I received my acceptance, I knew this is where I wanted to be and I'm excited about it. I'm starting this thread to hopefully find some others who are excited too and to make some personal connections!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I’ll be attending second look day on april 6 and look forward to meeting you! Has there been any more information sent or posted about it? So far I’ve only received a save the date. Also, I’ll be moving from Los Angeles and was wondering how everyone else moving from further away is handling finding housing?
 
Hi guys! I’ll be attending second look day on april 6 and look forward to meeting you! Has there been any more information sent or posted about it? So far I’ve only received a save the date. Also, I’ll be moving from Los Angeles and was wondering how everyone else moving from further away is handling finding housing?
Hey! Haven't seen any other information about second look yet, but looking forward to hearing more about it. I'm also moving from pretty far away and have heard that they post information (not sure when, but I'm sure they'll mention it at second look) about housing and allow you to meet other students to potentially find roommates!
 
I'm from NY so...a bit close than LA lol. My husband and I have already driven up to Philly to check out some neighborhoods. Are you interested in finding a roommate or having your own place? It seems as though the area around Temple is....not somewhere I'd want to live. So, some students have recommended different areas to me such as Roxborough/Manayunk, East Falls, Chestnut Hill, Northern Liberties, University City (but you'd be surrounded by UPenn and Drexel Students). They highly recommended Center City if you don't have a car (because parking is limited) But I can't imagine taking the Subway from Temple at night...its sketchy lol but obviously, people do it. I've been using an app called "apartment listings" where you can input your job/school and it asks you about things that you'd like in an apartment then it matches you to apartments based on your preferences.
 
I’m looking to live in Northern Liberties! Just gotta find some roomies. I have friends from college that live there and they highly recommend the area
I was just looking...the price are crazy expensive! But it seems definitely doable with roommates. Hopefully some cheaper places open up in May/June/July when other students are moving out
 
I also heard that the school sends out a GoogleDoc so that students can find roommates with similar study habits/priorities. Has anyone else heard anything about that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats again on your acceptances everyone, wherever you decide to go. I met some of you at the second look day (I was the guy in the laparoscopic training room), if you guys have any questions about the program or other programs, feel free to shoot me a message. Enjoy the time before med school starts!
 
Any accepted students also Temple Alumni? If so, did you get a new email address assigned or will you be keeping your old email address?
 
Facebook group guys! In the email, they said the'll be accepting students in to the group at around 12 today

Do you know if accepted students are automatically added to the Facebook group, or do you have to request to join? I just got my acceptance today and wanted to start figuring out living arrangements and such