Temple University (LKSOM) MD Class of 2022!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedScat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats on our acceptance to Temple! I know it's still early and many people haven't decided where they will be attending but after I received my acceptance, I knew this is where I wanted to be and I'm excited about it. I'm starting this thread to hopefully find some others who are excited too and to make some personal connections!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
~99% sure I will be attending Temple, so looking forward to meeting everyone!

Side note: Has there been any indication as to when second look will be?

Reactions: 1 user
~99% sure I will be attending Temple, so looking forward to meeting everyone!

Side note: Has there been any indication as to when second look will be?
Admissions told me either the very end of March or beginning of April. Congrats on your acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I'm a 4th-year med student at Temple, and I couldn't ask for anything more from a program. I might see you on the Second Look if you come for it, but message me if you have any specific questions.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got second look day email: April 6. SO sad that I can't make it but less sad since I'll be on my honeymoon.

Hi guys! I’ll be attending second look day on april 6 and look forward to meeting you! Has there been any more information sent or posted about it? So far I’ve only received a save the date. Also, I’ll be moving from Los Angeles and was wondering how everyone else moving from further away is handling finding housing?

Hi guys! I’ll be attending second look day on april 6 and look forward to meeting you! Has there been any more information sent or posted about it? So far I’ve only received a save the date. Also, I’ll be moving from Los Angeles and was wondering how everyone else moving from further away is handling finding housing?
Hey! Haven't seen any other information about second look yet, but looking forward to hearing more about it. I'm also moving from pretty far away and have heard that they post information (not sure when, but I'm sure they'll mention it at second look) about housing and allow you to meet other students to potentially find roommates!

I'm from NY so...a bit close than LA lol. My husband and I have already driven up to Philly to check out some neighborhoods. Are you interested in finding a roommate or having your own place? It seems as though the area around Temple is....not somewhere I'd want to live. So, some students have recommended different areas to me such as Roxborough/Manayunk, East Falls, Chestnut Hill, Northern Liberties, University City (but you'd be surrounded by UPenn and Drexel Students). They highly recommended Center City if you don't have a car (because parking is limited) But I can't imagine taking the Subway from Temple at night...its sketchy lol but obviously, people do it. I've been using an app called "apartment listings" where you can input your job/school and it asks you about things that you'd like in an apartment then it matches you to apartments based on your preferences.

I’m looking to live in Northern Liberties! Just gotta find some roomies. I have friends from college that live there and they highly recommend the area

Reactions: 1 users
^^^ I’d rather live with my fellow med student friends than my friends that work lol

I’m looking to live in Northern Liberties! Just gotta find some roomies. I have friends from college that live there and they highly recommend the area
I was just looking...the price are crazy expensive! But it seems definitely doable with roommates. Hopefully some cheaper places open up in May/June/July when other students are moving out

Hello guys! I am still trying to decide but I am leaning towards Temple right now.

Also interested in getting a roomie if I am going! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to second look today, but I'm excited to meet you all in the fall!

I also heard that the school sends out a GoogleDoc so that students can find roommates with similar study habits/priorities. Has anyone else heard anything about that?

I also heard that the school sends out a GoogleDoc so that students can find roommates with similar study habits/priorities. Has anyone else heard anything about that?
They mentioned that they would be starting a Facebook group and sending out a googledoc within the next few weeks or so!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats again on your acceptances everyone, wherever you decide to go. I met some of you at the second look day (I was the guy in the laparoscopic training room), if you guys have any questions about the program or other programs, feel free to shoot me a message. Enjoy the time before med school starts!

Any accepted students also Temple Alumni? If so, did you get a new email address assigned or will you be keeping your old email address?

Facebook group guys! In the email, they said the'll be accepting students in to the group at around 12 today

Do you know if accepted students are automatically added to the Facebook group, or do you have to request to join? I just got my acceptance today and wanted to start figuring out living arrangements and such

Do you know if accepted students are automatically added to the Facebook group, or do you have to request to join? I just got my acceptance today and wanted to start figuring out living arrangements and such
You have to request to join!

Are you able to write out the name of the group (without the FB link because it won’t show up for me for some reason)? Thanks!
The group name should be "Lewis Katz School of Medicine Class of 2022"

Hi all! I am a 4th year at Temple LKSOM who'd like to welcome you! If you have any questions, I'd love to answer them (DM). Enjoy your summer!!