Yale Hotel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bailey-b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing at yale in a few weeks and called to book the hotel that is provided by the department. When I called the hotel said it was not covered and I had to put my credit card down. Does Yale reimburse us at a later date or was this a mixup on the hotels part that I need to follow up on.

Members don't see this ad.

They pay for the hotel up front. No credit card needed. You must be looking at the wrong place. F.Y.I., There is shuttle to dinner and to the interview in the morning.

Directly from my letter:

You may make overnight arrangements at the following location:
Fairfield Inn by Marriott at Long Wharf. If you care to make a
reservation, please call them directly at (203) 562-1111 and mention that
you are interviewing with Anesthesiology.

Thanks snowman! That is who I called. I will call them back and try to straighten it out.

snowman8 said:
They pay for the hotel up front. No credit card needed. You must be looking at the wrong place. F.Y.I., There is shuttle to dinner and to the interview in the morning.

Directly from my letter:

Members don't see this ad :)
snowman8 said:

Directly from my letter:

They would still ask you for your credit card number in case you order or use any amenities!!

By the way, the service I received at that hotel last year was horrendous. The people at the front desk were incredibly rude. Yale doesn't seem to care, either.

friend's car got stolen from hotel parking lot in early december....... :eek:

i think my car is staying home that interview day..... :scared:

I had the same problem. Rude front desk and I had to leave my credit card. Havent had my car stolen yet but I will give them a chance.

BassDominator,
Did you not like Yale's program?? If so what didn't you like about it?

snowman8 said:

Directly from my letter:

I was worried too. I had to give them my credit card itinitally to book the room. Apparently, the department doesn't give the hotel a list of applicants whose rooms are being paid for until a couple of days before the interview. Hope this helps.

While my car was not stolen from the hotel you can see as you drive around New Haven that there are nice parts and not so nice parts all within close proximity of each other since it is a small city.

New Haven is okay. It certainly is not New York or Boston .... or D.C. or L.A. or even Philly or Baltimore.

Just something to keep in mind while you choose cuz you ain't gonna be in the hospital everyday all day for 4 years. :cool:

Try not to evaluate the program solely on the hotel. I'm so glad I didn't, even though I had a bad experience too at the Fairfield Inn....no heat in my room on one of the coldest nights that winter! We'll bring it up to the powers that be, but it might be an institutional contract with Marriott. Who knows?!?! I still think I made a great choice to be at this program despite the hotel fiasco.