-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UTHSCSA Class of 2009 part 01
Started by lane
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Holla! 😎
I've been watchin in the shadows, but i'll be there too! BTW, out of all the people who are now going to SA, was SA your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. choice?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UTSA was my first choice.
Thanks man. Any good word for you?ajnak182 said:Evo, 👍 'nough said. Good stuff my friend
Congrats to all you future san antones out there 👍
What's up guys. San Antonio was my second choice, but I couldn't be happier to be going there. See y'all in the fall.
Congratulations!!! Great class!! I really look forward to meeting you and time is going to fly from now until the White Coat .
Evo- you were freaking me out a bit last night when it took you close to 10 minutes past midnight to post the great news.
Evo- you were freaking me out a bit last night when it took you close to 10 minutes past midnight to post the great news.
G0S2 said:Evo- you were freaking me out a bit last night when it took you close to 10 minutes past midnight to post the great news.
Yeah, my router crashed ~10 min before midnight. I found out @ 12:05.
Time to form the posse. 😀
Saddle up!!!
They take a week or two to get the alternate pool together. They should post the match list soon, though.eralza said:Does UTHSCSA have a posted match list? I don't want to wait for days to find out if I was rejected or waitlisted. If all else fails, I may go the old fashioned route and use a telephone.
Why not just check your acceptance status on TMDSAS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
by the way, if you or anyone you know has any questions you can hit me up at [email protected]
Where's Asiandoc? 😀
Hey lane, any idea when classes are going to start this year?
Hey lane, any idea when classes are going to start this year?
EvoDevo said:Where's Asiandoc? 😀
Hey lane, any idea when classes are going to start this year?
Hello, el presidente!
Too bad there's no more CIC this year, but at least that means we'll start a little later!
-tx
Here....holla! Gotta go to skool though =)
Hehe. I gotta get elected first, my man.txguy said:Hello, el presidente!
Too bad there's no more CIC this year, but at least that means we'll start a little later!
-tx
Yeah, I'm all for maximizing my earnings this summer. Where's a good place to live?
Hiya AD. How are you going to concentrate today? I'm getting even LESS done today than yesteray.AsianDoc816 said:Here....holla! Gotta go to skool though =)

not until August - our dean of academic affairs is going to let me have a peep at yall's academic calendar in the coming weeks so i'll know for sure then. i would guess ~1st week though.EvoDevo said:Where's Asiandoc? 😀
Hey lane, any idea when classes are going to start this year?
Thanks, Stina. 😀lilstina said:lane... shouldn't you be in phys? 😛
CONGRATS C/O 2009!!! 😀
i already told txguy, but we're trying to put a weekend together for yall to come and check out apartments, parking, etc. and see the area (and meet some people). hopefully that'll shed some more light on the living situation than one man's humble opinion 🙂EvoDevo said:Hehe. I gotta get elected first, my man.
Yeah, I'm all for maximizing my earnings this summer. Where's a good place to live?
lilstina said:lane... shouldn't you be in phys? 😛
CONGRATS C/O 2009!!! 😀
i'll be at neuro though 😀
lilstina said:lane... shouldn't you be in phys? 😛
CONGRATS C/O 2009!!! 😀
Thanks!!
And thanks for the advice you gave me, I'm not sure if you remember me...I bet alot of pesky pre-meds PM you lol
-tx
lane said:i already told txguy, but we're trying to put a weekend together for yall to come and check out apartments, parking, etc. and see the area (and meet some people). hopefully that'll shed some more light on the living situation than one man's humble opinion 🙂
That would be great! Congrats everyone!!! I will see you in San Antonio!!! 👍 👍 👍
so happy for you and everyone else... it's so funny though, me and a few of my friends have been talking about how it seems like forever since last year when we were in the same place you are 🙂EvoDevo said:Thanks, Stina. 😀
don't worry... you'll be whining by this time in 2006... hehe 😉
haha... i won't! still have to study for the stinkin quiz... i'll be leaving in a few mins for the damned library... see you at school... bah!lane said:maybe....![]()
i'll be at neuro though 😀
and aren't you mr helpful ms1 president eh?

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
course i remember you! i hope all my babble was somewhat useful to you... and maybe it was seeing you ended up at uthscsa after all 😀txguy said:Thanks!!![]()
And thanks for the advice you gave me, I'm not sure if you remember me...I bet alot of pesky pre-meds PM you lol![]()
-tx
you are a babbler, that's for sure 😀lilstina said:course i remember you! i hope all my babble was somewhat useful to you... and maybe it was seeing you ended up at uthscsa after all 😀
I matched...just not at UTHSCSA 😀 The location, the program, and the students at San Antonio all really appealed to me. My GF is a pediatric rad, so living in a larger city would have been better. I'll watch for a few weeks to see if the lists shift around a bit. I'm just happy that I'll be starting this year!lane said:They take a week or two to get the alternate pool together. They should post the match list soon, though.
Why not just check your acceptance status on TMDSAS?
I recommend *not* living near the medical center. I did it the first year (sucked into the that whole 'walking' to school (Ha!)
I recommend 'sunset ridge'. Its alamo hieghts. it takes about 15 minutes to get to school, you are near downtown, great restraunts, near the best HEB (central market) and is a really cool and not very expensive.
I recommend 'sunset ridge'. Its alamo hieghts. it takes about 15 minutes to get to school, you are near downtown, great restraunts, near the best HEB (central market) and is a really cool and not very expensive.
bah! Carlyle Place 🙂D), The Vintage, and Promontory Point are all really nice AND they're within walking distance.
Hey everyone! Add me to the UTSA list. I'm extremely happy to see Evo and AsianDoc will be there.
I remember AsianDoc worrying more than a month ago that she wouldn't get an invite to interview in San Antonio. And now hopefully she'll be there next year.
Anyway, I'm so happy...I'm not going to class and when they ask me why I'm going to say I was hung over from celebrating a med school acceptance...I don't know how they can argue with that.
I remember AsianDoc worrying more than a month ago that she wouldn't get an invite to interview in San Antonio. And now hopefully she'll be there next year.
Anyway, I'm so happy...I'm not going to class and when they ask me why I'm going to say I was hung over from celebrating a med school acceptance...I don't know how they can argue with that.
roja said:No CIC?????????????????
No starting school so early it makes me get goose bumps...just two summers left for me...
But roja, you haven't even seen the new clinical building have you?
It's gorgeous!
Lane,
I was wondering what the required computer situation is going to be. Is a computer required, and if so will they tell us a specific one, or just minimum specifications?
Thanks!
I was wondering what the required computer situation is going to be. Is a computer required, and if so will they tell us a specific one, or just minimum specifications?
Thanks!
roja or anyone else -
well first, congrats to all you SA kids, its a money place to be, my last project was there...
but what is PGY?
well first, congrats to all you SA kids, its a money place to be, my last project was there...
but what is PGY?
shawty ya'head said:roja or anyone else -
well first, congrats to all you SA kids, its a money place to be, my last project was there...
but what is PGY?
PGY stands for...I actually don't know. But it's a designation for your year of residency. So a PGY-1 is an intern and then you go to PGY-2, PGY-3...for each year...all the way up...I guess it's possible for like thoracic surgery to be PGY-7 or 8...there might be some longer ones.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PGY = post-graduate year
shawty ya'head said:roja or anyone else -
well first, congrats to all you SA kids, its a money place to be, my last project was there...
but what is PGY?
PGY = "Post-grad year".....like USC said, PGY1 is an intern (first year resident)....roja, correct me if I'm wrong...
Yeah it sucks there's no CIC anymore 🙁 Sounded like a stress-free atmosphere that would let us get to know our classmates.
-tx
cpw said:PGY = post-graduate year
You learn something every day...
😍
And those are the ones who actually post.USCTex said:5% of the incoming class is actually on this board...that's pretty remarkable.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K