kaplan full length 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tinker Creek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or did anyone else feel like the bio passages kept coming out of a bottomless well. I just counted them... 11 passages! Do they give this many on the real one? I mean, the maximum? I thought 9 or 10 was ideal.

Members don't see this ad.

it was damn tiring. My head hurt afterwards. Overall it wasn't bad. However, i don't know that till i get the scores back.

i was like WTF when i got to the oncogenes passage. ugh...my eyes glazed over, and i came back to it at the end.

overall, i was pumped when i saw that my VR went up, but if you look at the scales for verbal, they're more generous than last time. so, basically, i'm still getting the same percentage.

how are you guys going to go over the answers? just the wrong ones, or ALL of them? that's takes a long long time.

i'll still do it, but if anybody has any tips on how to expedite that process please post.

Tinker Creek said:
Is it just me or did anyone else feel like the bio passages kept coming out of a bottomless well. I just counted them... 11 passages! Do they give this many on the real one? I mean, the maximum? I thought 9 or 10 was ideal.

Kaplan says 10 is standard and 11 is the exception. I had 11 on both of my science sections last August.

Members don't see this ad :)
I gotta agree....this FL#2 was considerably more difficult than the first one i felt.

I will check my scores later, but i have a feeling i didnt do as well as id hoped.

also, was it just me , or were the VR passages much more dense?

I actually thought overall that this was easier than FL #1, especially the PS section. Maybe it just played to my strengths, I dunno. The bio section made me very happy that I decided to take human biochem this semester, that's for sure. I'll be very interested to see my score.

I do think that the first passage in verbal was a killer, tho'.

The PS section was MUCH easier compared to FL 1. Verbal was somewhat easier, but the humanities passages were a drag.

The Bio was much more difficult b/c I was expecting passages containing pedigrees, but there were none there. Also, there was too much molecular bio in there. Orgo sucked as usual.

Yeh! I got a 31 (PS 11 VR 10 BS 10)! :D The physical sciences was definitely a lot better this time. I thought Verbal was really rough to get through (soooo many boring passages). And, Biological Sciences wasn't too interesting either.

Got my score. The scaling on the PS killed me. I got 15% more questions correct and went DOWN one point. :eek:

I was pretty happy with everything else so I guess I shouldn't complain. I definitely know where I need to focus my time@

I made so many STOOOOOOOOPID mistakes on PS :(
FL1: VR 8 PS 11 BS 11 30
FL2: VR 11 PS 10 BS 12 33

VERY pleased with the verbal improvement!
Yeah...i know which ones i studied and which ones i need to study. I know i can increase that PS score to a 13. I am planning on taking 3 fullenghts in the next two weeks in addition to review. Goodluck guys! :luck:

I thought the PS was way easier than the first full-length...but I ended up getting the same scaled score because I guess Kaplan took into account that it was much easier.

i went up one point in physics for FL 2. it was easier, but i realized that my efforts regarding the PS section for the past two weeks definitely paid off.

i'm betting that DChubby is going to be this year's mcat superstar. good luck everybody! :thumbup:

When did you guys take FL 2? I took it this past Saturday, but my scores haven't been put up on the Kaplan site yet.

Thanks!

tiny dancer said:
When did you guys take FL 2? I took it this past Saturday, but my scores haven't been put up on the Kaplan site yet.

Thanks!

I took mine last Saturday as well....got it back the next day. Are you an Elton John fan by any chance? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no! I got my scores back and it's the same as the diagnostic score... and my diagnostic was BAD! It's not even a 20. I know I have to practice, but should I be concerned? Oh god, I'm freaking out.

My score was posted today. I got a 30! I'm v. happy, especially considering my diagnostic score was below 20 :scared: (I was able to bring it up to a 27 for FL 1, but I'm glad I finally hit 30.)

clenny - I wonder how your score was posted so fast. I think for ours they waited until they had graded the writing sample too. (ps. my friends call me tiny dancer, so that's why I picked it as my username... but let's be serious, who ISN'T an Elton John fan? :p)

Tinker Creek said:
Is it just me or did anyone else feel like the bio passages kept coming out of a bottomless well.
Definitely! I felt hammered during the test, and it was my lowest score.

DetectiveChubby said:
I made so many STOOOOOOOOPID mistakes on PS :(
FL1: VR 8 PS 11 BS 11 30
FL2: VR 11 PS 10 BS 12 33

VERY pleased with the verbal improvement!
Yeah...i know which ones i studied and which ones i need to study. I know i can increase that PS score to a 13. I am planning on taking 3 fullenghts in the next two weeks in addition to review. Goodluck guys! :luck:
I don't really know what to think about my progress. I have been VERY behind in my Kaplan/MCAT studying (I haven't done most of the homework) and there are some content areas that I skipped when I took the class in school (lenses and fluids in physics, some parts of organic, etc.) so I really need to be getting the work done!

I've spent the last week feeling very pessimistic about my chances. When I started studying, I thought that I had a chance of doing really well (36+) but lately I've really been thinking that it wasn't a realistic possiblity. I feel that there are details that I just don't remember, and it seems impossible that I'll actually get caught up. The MCAT is beating me down!

However, I just got my Full Length #2 results online and I did great! I don't really understand how it happened, because it seemed like it was just as hard as the first one. Because of scheduling conflicts, I took FL#1 late - within one week of FL#2. I definitely hadn't studied much or gotten any smarter between FL1 and FL2. How did my score change so much?!?

Diag: VR 9 PS 11 BS 9 29
FL1: VR 11 PS 10 BS 11 32
FL2: VR 12 PS 13 BS 10 35

Any thoughts? Personally, I think that FL2 is probably unrealistically high for this point in my studying.

How are you going about attacking all of the tedious formulas, details, etc?
Thanks for the advice. I feel like I could use some suggestions!

SailCrazy said:
Definitely! I felt hammered during the test, and it was my lowest score.

I don't really know what to think about my progress. I have been VERY behind in my Kaplan/MCAT studying (I haven't done most of the homework) and there are some content areas that I skipped when I took the class in school (lenses and fluids in physics, some parts of organic, etc.) so I really need to be getting the work done!

I've spent the last week feeling very pessimistic about my chances. When I started studying, I thought that I had a chance of doing really well (36+) but lately I've really been thinking that it wasn't a realistic possiblity. I feel that there are details that I just don't remember, and it seems impossible that I'll actually get caught up. The MCAT is beating me down!

However, I just got my Full Length #2 results online and I did great! I don't really understand how it happened, because it seemed like it was just as hard as the first one. Because of scheduling conflicts, I took FL#1 late - within one week of FL#2. I definitely hadn't studied much or gotten any smarter between FL1 and FL2. How did my score change so much?!?

Diag: VR 9 PS 11 BS 9 29
FL1: VR 11 PS 10 BS 11 32
FL2: VR 12 PS 13 BS 10 35

Any thoughts? Personally, I think that FL2 is probably unrealistically high for this point in my studying.

How are you going about attacking all of the tedious formulas, details, etc?
Thanks for the advice. I feel like I could use some suggestions!

I have exactly the same question. I got my scores back for FL#2: P12, V11, B12.

And it seems like they curve unrealistically. I got 10 wrongs in the verbal and it is a 11. Well that does not sound normal. Today, I will check 5R and 6R curves but that seemed odd.

Also, Kaplan FL verbal9except the first passage) seemed to be easier compared to AAMC material. I just do nto want to be fooled by Kaplan material, What do you guys think?

I missed 8 on the verbal and got an 11. That is a pretty weird curve, but isn't the curve based on how everyone else does on the test? Like applying the PS curve from FL#1 to FL#2 wouldn't work b/c the second one was so much easier.
I'm not a math guy so I don't really know how curves work, but aren't they all relative?

P.S. the PS section WAS a piece of cake i have no illusions about the actual MCAT being that easy.

Sweet I freaking rocked FL#2: 37 PS12 V12 B13.
Did anyone else have a big jump from fl 1 to 2?
I went from a 28(verbal killed me with a 7) to a 37. I can only hope I get this on the real deal.

FL#2: 32 PS 9 V13 B10
I went from a 24 on the diagnostic to a 26 on the FL#1. Hopefully I will continue this upward trend :) The Kaplan course was well worth the money.

i went from a 22 on the diag. to a 25 on FL 2. i'm not in the 30's yet. but what's weird is that i got a PS 7, VR n10, and BS 8. I haven't studied verbal at all. I study for the bio and physics of it. And i stayed exactly the same in those two.

reading all the mid 30s is making me physically ill. there's only a month left. i thought that exam was sooo easy but that curve really messed things up and i went down..26! i'm getting 11s on verbal...and i was getting 9s, almost 10s, on the practices and then this FL and i went down! what's going on?? anyone? bueller? bueller?