GPA Calculator with +/- Grade scale

Started by bwells46
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bwells46

MD, MPH, MSM
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since some people have asked for it, here's the GPA Calculator with a +/- grade scale. This has everything the last version had except you can now select whether you want to use the + scale or the +/- scale.

Let me know if you find any problems with it or would like to see a new feature.

Enjoy! 🙂
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey. Thanks very much!

I just have one question. Which of these scales does AMCAS use? My school actually gives A+ for anything above 90 and A for 85-89 and A- for 80-84 😎
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice program. Is there a way for those of us on the quarter system (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) to enter our classes so they correspond to the right quarter?
 
bwells46 said:
Since some people have asked for it, here's the GPA Calculator with a +/- grade scale. This has everything the last version had except you can now select whether you want to use the + scale or the +/- scale.

Let me know if you find any problems with it or would like to see a new feature.

Enjoy! 🙂

Dang, the directions to use this thing are a whole page long. I'll stick to the paper, pencil and Ti-83 plus, unless I get extra MCAT points for getting it to work properly.

j/k.

Thanks.
 
surgeonguy22 said:
Hey. Thanks very much!

I just have one question. Which of these scales does AMCAS use? My school actually gives A+ for anything above 90 and A for 85-89 and A- for 80-84 😎

AMCAS doesn't use A+. A+ becomes an A (i.e a 4.0 not a 4.3). So if you have a handful of A+'s, your GPA will go down on AMCAS.
 
Sundarban1 said:
Dang, the directions to use this thing are a whole page long. I'll stick to the paper, pencil and Ti-83 plus, unless I get extra MCAT points for getting it to work properly.

j/k.

Thanks.

Well, the directions are written for someone who has never used Excel before. That's why they look a little lengthy 🙂
 
TicAL said:
Nice program. Is there a way for those of us on the quarter system (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) to enter our classes so they correspond to the right quarter?

I'm not familiar with the quarter system. If you could give me a little more information, I can probably answer your question.

However, I would think you could just enter your quarter in the semester column. The program doesn't know it's on a semester system - it just sees Fall, Spring, and Summer as variables.
 
could you make one for the quarter system? ours is pretty much like the semester system but we have fall, winter, and spring quarter... units are almost the same so its kinda like having 3 semesters packed into one... each typical class unit is still 4 units per quarter, thanks so much!
 
byeh2004 said:
could you make one for the quarter system? ours is pretty much like the semester system but we have fall, winter, and spring quarter... units are almost the same so its kinda like having 3 semesters packed into one... each typical class unit is still 4 units per quarter, thanks so much!

I'll try to add this feature in when I have time. Right now, my research has me busy learning SQL and VBA 👎
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A+ for anything above 90 and A for 85-89 and A- for 80-84

That is a ridiculous grading scale. My school uses 94+ = A and 93-90= A-.