what is the board-passing rate for your school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ifkt355

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am applying this year. I am curious what is the board-passing rate for individual schools. Where can I find this information?

Also, how hard is it to get a deferral? What kind of reasons will schools accept?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

ifkt355 said:
Hi, I am applying this year. I am curious what is the board-passing rate for individual schools. Where can I find this information?

Also, how hard is it to get a deferral? What kind of reasons will schools accept?

Thank you in advance!

I know KCOM's recent class (of 2007) passed 98% of its students who took the COMLEX for the first time this past summer. I think those that took the USMLE had similar numbers, but I'm not certain.

Andy
KCOM 2008

The Pass Rate at TCOM was 99.2% this summer.
Go Texas!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Per the Dean of Basic Sciences at PCSOM:

"The class of 2007 pass rate was 94.3% compared to the national average of 90.9%. Your pass rate is the highest ever achieved on COMLEX 1 by a class at PCSOM! This marks the fifth year in a row that PCSOM has beaten the national average pass rate."

It's under lock and key at my (former) school... :p

We heard different numbers the year we took Step 1, and a different set of numbers the year we took step 2. They're just not very forthcoming about what the pass rate is.

illiniindc said:
I know KCOM's recent class (of 2007) passed 98% of its students who took the COMLEX for the first time this past summer. I think those that took the USMLE had similar numbers, but I'm not certain.

Andy
KCOM 2008

well, at least they've told somebody what our pass rate is!! our class still hasn't heard anything about how we did as a whole!!! i guess 98% would probably be all but 3 or 4 people from my class then...

The pass rate for KCUMB Class of 2007 on COMLEX-USA Step 1 was 95%, according to the president of the university. Consistently above national average.

UNECOM's was 82% with a downward trend over the past 3 years. Something is seriously wrong here......

Last edited:
Villiers said:
UNECOM's was 82% with a downward trend over the past 3 years. Something is seriously wrong here......
NSU's is 93% but they fail to tell you we are below the average in terms of the mean.

Thank you all for posting the COMLEX passing rate for your school. I am still hoping to hear from all other schools. What is the national average? Please also specify which exam (step I, step II) you are referring to. Thanks a lot!

TUCOM-MI's dean just sent out an email, congratulating the class of 2007's step 1 results. Didn't give specific numbers, but said the class passed the average in terms of the mean, and also said it was the first time a TUCOM class had achieved this.

Not bad for a relatively young school still finding its feet! Hopefully every class will continue to improve...

heech said:
TUCOM-MI's dean just sent out an email, congratulating the class of 2007's step 1 results. Didn't give specific numbers, but said the class passed the average in terms of the mean, and also said it was the first time a TUCOM class had achieved this.

Not bad for a relatively young school still finding its feet! Hopefully every class will continue to improve...
That's because the TUCOM admin didn't let students who were struggling or who they thought would not pass take the COMLEX in June. In that way, they inflated the pass rate by manipulation.

Members don't see this ad :)
glorytaker said:
That's because the TUCOM admin didn't let students who were struggling or who they thought would not pass take the COMLEX in June. In that way, they inflated the pass rate by manipulation.

Osteopathic manipulation?
My school's admin does a facilitated positional release on the board scores, which leads to really great outcomes.

Has anyone every seen what the numbers are for PCOM? Curious. Not that it matters. The school does not determine whether I pass or not, in 10 months that will be up to me!

DMU's was 93 or 94%. I cant remember. I thought it would be higher. Im just happy im in that group. The schools average score beat the mean by 20 points or something

gagolden said:
DMU's was 93 or 94%. I cant remember. I thought it would be higher. Im just happy im in that group. The schools average score beat the mean by 20 points or something

It was like 93.9%, but our class average was like a 530 and I heard our OMM scores were like 50 points higher than the national average.........or something rediculous like that............

Strange that the national average is in the high 80's yet all except one person has posted that there school beat the average and or had a 90 something pass rate. Something doesnt add up.

Thousandth said:
Strange that the national average is in the high 80's yet all except one person has posted that there school beat the average and or had a 90 something pass rate. Something doesnt add up.

I was wondering about that as well... HHhhmmmm.........

at AZCOM we got this from our dean...

"Congratulations are in order again this year for the results of COMLEX Level 1. The pass rate for all COM’s was 90.9 and for AZCOM 96.2. Once again you significantly surpassed the National average and are to be congratulated"

Thousandth said:

Exactly!

Thus far KCOM, TCOM, OSU, PSCSOM, KCUMB, NSU, TUCOM, DMU, AZCOM, and UNE are accounted for. That is 1/2 of the schools that took the test.

Also, in those numbers--it is not being said from most schools if this was "first time passing" or "those who qualified to take the test" or "all who took test from this school" etc. Many things scew the numbers to make it look better for whatever school.

...its all a numbers game. Anyone can scew the numbers to make them appear as they would like depending on their specific statistical analysis. We have 10 pass rates, from 10 different statistical analysis--it's comparing apples to oranges, so take the numbers for what they are.

OSU's Class of 2006 (current 4th years) = 100% pass rate

Villiers said:

****!!!!!! im looking into this school seriously.......i really liked it when i went to look at it, whats up with those scores??????????????

Don't worry about that. If you are ready to work at it, you can do well.
Also scores change from year to year. On the website it sais 89% and not 82%. Maybe when you interview there you can ask those questions.

But this is definitely not discouraging me.