Upitt Connections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PittMedicine

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think its possible to get a connection to Pitt if you do summer research at their School of Medicine? My stats are good (7,11,12 & 4.0 GPA with pretty good extracurrs.) and if I can just get someone there, while I'm doin' my research, to give me a serious look.

Members don't see this ad.

PittMedicine said:
Do you think its possible to get a connection to Pitt if you do summer research at their School of Medicine? My stats are good (7,11,12 & 4.0 GPA with pretty good extracurrs.) and if I can just get someone there, while I'm doin' my research, to give me a serious look.

I wouldn't necessarily bank on a "connection," but if you apply to pitt and you've worked for them before I'm sure they'd look favorably on it (as all schools would). Are you a PA resident? that helps too

Is that 7 on verbal? I think I heard somewhere that Pitt takes verbal serious.

Members don't see this ad :)
So should I give up on Pitt or do I gotta chance.

Or, is the connection my only chance?

:scared:

Are you currently applying now?

If not, check into Early Decision if you really want to go to Pitt. Meet with the Dean of Admissions before taking the plunge b/c they will usually tell you if you have a shot.

BrettBatchelor said:
Are you currently applying now?

If not, check into Early Decision if you really want to go to Pitt. Meet with the Dean of Admissions before taking the plunge b/c they will usually tell you if you have a shot.

Doubtful. I gotta 7 on VR (my sole weakness). EDP usually requires 12s across the board. But I really wanna go to Pitt.

Ask to meet with the Dean of Admissions for a consultation. They will tell you what they want even if it is retaking the MCAT.

PittMedicine said:
Doubtful. I gotta 7 on VR (my sole weakness). EDP usually requires 12s across the board. But I really wanna go to Pitt.

maybe you can retake the mcat in april? if you get it up to 10 you'll have a great shot

The only thing I fear about the MCAT is getting a lower score.

PittMedicine said:
The only thing I fear about the MCAT is getting a lower score.

That's of course possible, but I think that if you study hard and you were smart enough to do well the first time, I think you'll either do better or about the same. And although I know nothing about anything, it might be better to have a point or two lower but have a more even distribution....