Upitt Connections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PittMedicine

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think its possible to get a connection to Pitt if you do summer research at their School of Medicine? My stats are good (7,11,12 & 4.0 GPA with pretty good extracurrs.) and if I can just get someone there, while I'm doin' my research, to give me a serious look.
 
PittMedicine said:
Do you think its possible to get a connection to Pitt if you do summer research at their School of Medicine? My stats are good (7,11,12 & 4.0 GPA with pretty good extracurrs.) and if I can just get someone there, while I'm doin' my research, to give me a serious look.


I wouldn't necessarily bank on a "connection," but if you apply to pitt and you've worked for them before I'm sure they'd look favorably on it (as all schools would). Are you a PA resident? that helps too
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So should I give up on Pitt or do I gotta chance.

Or, is the connection my only chance?

:scared:
 
Are you currently applying now?

If not, check into Early Decision if you really want to go to Pitt. Meet with the Dean of Admissions before taking the plunge b/c they will usually tell you if you have a shot.
 
BrettBatchelor said:
Are you currently applying now?

If not, check into Early Decision if you really want to go to Pitt. Meet with the Dean of Admissions before taking the plunge b/c they will usually tell you if you have a shot.

Doubtful. I gotta 7 on VR (my sole weakness). EDP usually requires 12s across the board. But I really wanna go to Pitt.
 
PittMedicine said:
Doubtful. I gotta 7 on VR (my sole weakness). EDP usually requires 12s across the board. But I really wanna go to Pitt.

maybe you can retake the mcat in april? if you get it up to 10 you'll have a great shot
 
PittMedicine said:
The only thing I fear about the MCAT is getting a lower score.

That's of course possible, but I think that if you study hard and you were smart enough to do well the first time, I think you'll either do better or about the same. And although I know nothing about anything, it might be better to have a point or two lower but have a more even distribution....