WashU Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trr4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the WashU admissions com mittee first meets and makes their rejection decisions? I think someone said this upcoming week but is that real? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure they're meeting on Thursday, though I hate to guarantee anything.

goodeats said:
Pretty sure they're meeting on Thursday, though I hate to guarantee anything.

i interviewed on the first day and they said sometime in early november...i loved it there! soooo hoping for good news! it's coming by mail i would guess?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am here in the WashU library as we speak, haha. Go figure. From what I gathered at the Pizza Party, the Dean informs applicants of an acceptance via phone call, then he/she will receive the acceptance letter in the mail. Wish me luck tomorrow!

Good luck! The interview is pretty low-stress, at least mine was and many of the other applicants seemed to agree... I was there last week. Take some time to check out Forest Park and the Central West End or whatever it's called before you head out. The Arch is pretty cool if you want to see that as well, just take the metro on campus downtown for $1 and change.

I doubt my application made it through the "regional review" in time to be included in this week's full review, but I'm still hoping... Anyone know when the next committee meeting will be?

First round of rejections are out. I got mine a few days ago via snail mail.

I'm pretty sure the big committee meets on november 17 to discuss the apps put forth by the regional subcommittees. Dean Dodson makes a personal phone call to those accepted...so be sure your phone's updated!! I'm thinking that the subcommittee decides who to push forward to big committee, and the rest get rejected, and those who go to big committee will be those who eventually get accepted, and those who get put into next month's review. Good luck to everyone!

Kalenakai-- I think I saw you at the pizza party tonight-- I was the bum applicant standing next to you who interviewed 3 weeks ago who was only there for the sunday night pizza! Good luck tomorrow! Hope you didn't freeze in olin!!

ahumdinger said:
I'm pretty sure the big committee meets on november 17 to discuss the apps put forth by the regional subcommittees. Dean Dodson makes a personal phone call to those accepted...so be sure your phone's updated!! I'm thinking that the subcommittee decides who to push forward to big committee, and the rest get rejected, and those who go to big committee will be those who eventually get accepted, and those who get put into next month's review. Good luck to everyone!

Kalenakai-- I think I saw you at the pizza party tonight-- I was the bum applicant standing next to you who interviewed 3 weeks ago who was only there for the sunday night pizza! Good luck tomorrow! Hope you didn't freeze in olin!!
Haha, of course I remember you and your bf. Very cool! C'mon now, it's free and tasty pizza... I don't blame you. I hope to hear good news from WashU too after the next committee meeting.