Emailing Admissions Committee before Interview

Started by JayQuah
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JayQuah

Connect Four Champion
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard that emailing interviewers before hand with questions about the program will give you a little boost, because it shows real interest and dedication. However, I myself think that it runs the risk of sucking up, and also, it may deteriorate from the questions you can ask during/after the interview. What do others think?
 
JayQuah said:
I've heard that emailing interviewers before hand with questions about the program will give you a little boost, because it shows real interest and dedication. However, I myself think that it runs the risk of sucking up, and also, it may deteriorate from the questions you can ask during/after the interview. What do others think?

I wouldn't. You usually won't even know who your interviewer is, anyway.