CRNA Threads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN

Welcome to SDN
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As is our usual policy, threads that degenerate to name-calling will be closed.

Additionally, some of the recent posts were clearly generated to create a hostile forums environment.

Lastly, this is a forum for physicians and medical students, MD and DO. Other medical professionals are welcome, but those who come here to stir-up trouble will be banned.

Members don't see this ad.

Lee Burnett said:

Additionally, some of the recent posts were clearly generated to create a hostile forums environment.

Lastly, this is a forum for physicians and medical students, MD and DO. Other medical professionals are welcome, but those who come here to stir-up trouble will be banned.

Thank you

Lee Burnett said:

my spanish is weak, but all i have to say is: Muchos Gracias :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Lee Burnett said:

Understood, trouble will not be started. However just bc/ my opinion differs from others does not equal starting trouble. I speak my mind on relevant issues that 90% of the time are brought up by others here. and on the contrary it is usually a cocky resident that retreats to name calling and opening accounts trying to be a nitecap impersonator, they wish. Come on, thats below the belt tactics which i would guess since toughguy is on hold he resorted to. Professional? Understood all you said, but realize that not sharing the beliefs of one does not = trouble maker. These guys are all professionals? they should be able to handle themselves and keep it clean.

Let it go.

Our members and volunteer moderators don't want any more bickering between you and the student and physician members of this forum.

Lee Burnett said:

Thanks, Lee, for your assertiveness.

Here's the lowdown.

SDN is beyond a valuable asset for budding physicians. And it is also a valuable asset for practicing physicians. It allows all of us to interact, to share experiences/opinions/aspirations/fears/victories..something impossible even ten years ago.

To have this asset thwarted by non-physicians, no matter how justified, is undermining the objective of SDN.

This is a physician/physician-2-B forum.

Allowing non-physicians to dictate the direction of SDN without intervention is going against the objective of the website.

Lee, I laud your action.

nitecap said:
Understood, trouble will not be started. However just bc/ my opinion differs from others does not equal starting trouble. I speak my mind on relevant issues that 90% of the time are brought up by others here. and on the contrary it is usually a cocky resident that retreats to name calling and opening accounts trying to be a nitecap impersonator, they wish. Come on, thats below the belt tactics which i would guess since toughguy is on hold he resorted to. Professional? Understood all you said, but realize that not sharing the beliefs of one does not = trouble maker. These guys are all professionals? they should be able to handle themselves and keep it clean.

Keep it clean, after you infiltrated our coveted forum with your anti-MD posts on a DOCTOR forum?????

Dude, who do you think you are????????

As you know, I'm an advocate of the team approach. But thats because, in the ten years I've been in this business, I haven't run across a CRNA (oh sorry youre not even that even though you try and represent them) who comes within a million miles of your militant posts.

You are conveying to the thousands of SDN readers, opinions of an insecure SRNA.

Point being, 99% of CRNAs have nothing to do with your militant opinions.

You have depicted an image of CRNAs to budding anesthesiologists on this forum that does not represent the majority of CRNAs, and because of your posts, many MDs are turning their opinions against the team approach.

Congrats.

You've achieved your goal, i.e. stirring s hit here.

Heres a little vignette for you.

And this is coming from a team-approach advocate.

If needed, anesthesiologists could rid the world of CRNAs.

Thats right.

Wanna f uck with us?

Go ahead.

More and more groups, like Noy's, will shun CRNAs.

Thats not the right way to go in my opinion, but if its needed, its a no-brainer.

Sad thing is, Murse Nitecap has misrepresented his profession. Most CRNAs are not looking for power. They are looking for the holy-grail of nursing, making six-figures as an RN.

Let me say it again. Most CRNAs are very happy working under MDs.

So let me conclude by saying to all future anesthesiologists out there,

the "threat" of CRNAs taking over anesthesia is a f ukking joke.

Anesthesiologists are the czars of anesthesia, and always will be, despite what one-militant SRNA posts.

And, with all due respect to you, Nitecap,

F uck you.

jetproppilot said:
Thanks, Lee, for your assertiveness.

Here's the lowdown.

SDN is beyond a valuable asset for budding physicians. And it is also a valuable asset for practicing physicians. It allows all of us to interact, to share experiences/opinions/aspirations/fears/victories..something impossible even ten years ago.

To have this asset thwarted by non-physicians, no matter how justified, is undermining the objective of SDN.

This is a physician/physician-2-B forum.

Allowing non-physicians to dictate the direction of SDN without intervention is going against the objective of the website.

Lee, I laud your action.

Clear your PM box.

its saturday night. jet's in new orleans, remember. i'm originally from new orleans. every bas...**** down there is drunk off their ass. and i know jet was buzzin cause i called him at the time of his post and he doesn't even remember.

i know i might get put on hold for disagreeing with mother nature. but i don't care anymore.

i'll cut more to the chase. although jet may have posted a single out of line thread in 1000, how many has nitecap posted? thats total b.s. 90% of the reason i even come to this forum is to hear what someone like jet has to say. and to cut a practicing anesthesiologist out of the forum, especially one that is always willing to help residents and students sucks balls. most of his threads are useful, most of nitecaps threads are not. sometimes it means more to have good intentions than simply to post opinions. i typically write threads with minimal thought because, like most interns, i have other things to worry about. and then some troll like nitecap comes by and critiques two lines out of twenty to prove a point that has nothing to do with the thread topic. make no mistake, his word choice is meant to insult and do little more. he just candy coats everything cause he has the time. most of us do not, and therefore, need to be blunt. one thing is for sure though, i'm glad he's a nurse. cause an md with a personality disorder like that would be frightening.

nitecap, try taking off the flamingo scrubs, that might help you get laid.
http://www.nightingalescrubs.com/pullovers.html#

i am sure as hell not coming back if jet doesn't return.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

leopold stotch said:
and to cut a practicing anesthesiologist out of the forum, especially one that is always willing to help residents and students sucks balls. most of his threads are useful, most of nitecaps threads are not.

i agree. i've learned alot from posts that attendings have put on this forum, including Jet's. this is quite a valuable source for pre-meds/med students/residents and yes, even attendings i'm sure. keep ol' Jet around :thumbup:

leopold stotch said:
its saturday night. jet's in new orleans, remember. i'm originally from new orleans. every bas...**** down there is drunk off their ass. and i know jet was buzzin cause i called him at the time of his post and he doesn't even remember.

i know i might get put on hold for disagreeing with mother nature. but i don't care anymore.

i'll cut more to the chase. although jet may have posted a single out of line thread in 1000, how many has nitecap posted? thats total b.s. 90% of the reason i even come to this forum is to hear what someone like jet has to say. and to cut a practicing anesthesiologist out of the forum, especially one that is always willing to help residents and students sucks balls. most of his threads are useful, most of nitecaps threads are not. sometimes it means more to have good intentions than simply to post opinions. i typically write threads with minimal thought because, like most interns, i have other things to worry about. and then some troll like nitecap comes by and critiques two lines out of twenty to prove a point that has nothing to do with the thread topic. make no mistake, his word choice is meant to insult and do little more. he just candy coats everything cause he has the time. most of us do not, and therefore, need to be blunt. one thing is for sure though, i'm glad he's a nurse. cause an md with a personality disorder like that would be frightening.

nitecap, try taking off the flamingo scrubs, that might help you get laid.

i am sure as hell not coming back if jet doesn't return.
i am sure as hell not coming back if i'm banned either.

this might be the last time peeps...
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

huh..what r u saying man... jet just posted. how/why is he banned? i dont get it...maybe this pre party buzz is impeding my neuronal connections..

KluverBucy said:
i agree. i've learned alot from posts that attendings have put on this forum, including Jet's. this is quite a valuable source for pre-meds/med students/residents and yes, even attendings i'm sure. keep ol' Jet around :thumbup:

Bring back JET dude, this is unacceptable to say the least. and ban nitecap, i don't see how you justify your actions :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you kidding or what? Jet banned?

I am disgusted beyond belief.

If this is the case then this forum is DEAD!

Noyac said:
Are you kidding or what? Jet banned?

I am disgusted beyond belief.

If this is the case then this forum is DEAD!

I couldn't agree more.

nitecap said:
Clear your PM box.

Ever consider that he may be keeping it full so he NO LONGER RECEIVES UNSOLICITED PM'S FROM YOU ANYMORE?????????????? That's total harassment, and by leaving his PM box full is about the only way he can control your incessant, bothersome, unsolicited PM's. Get it??

JPP was placed on a temporary post-hold for the above post. Post-hold is a cool-down period, not a banning. His account will be automatically restored tomorrow.

Folks, I know people are bent out of shape over the recent events. But more flame-wars are not going to solve past problems.

jetproppilot said:
Keep it clean, after you infiltrated our coveted forum with your anti-MD posts on a DOCTOR forum?????

As you know, I'm an advocate of the team approach. But thats because, in the ten years I've been in this business, I haven't run across a CRNA (oh sorry youre not even that even though you try and represent them) who comes within a million miles of your militant posts.

You are conveying to the thousands of SDN readers, opinions of an insecure SRNA.

You have depicted an image of CRNAs to budding anesthesiologists on this forum that does not represent the majority of CRNAs, and because of your posts, many MDs are turning their opinions against the team approach.

Congrats.

Thats right.

Wanna f uck with us?

Go ahead.

Thats not the right way to go in my opinion, but if its needed, its a no-brainer.

Sad thing is, Murse Nitecap has misrepresented his profession. Most CRNAs are not looking for power. They are looking for the holy-grail of nursing, making six-figures as an RN.

Anesthesiologists are the czars of anesthesia, and always will be, despite what one-militant SRNA posts.

F uck you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i'm printing this out and framing it.

jetproppilot said:

Congrats.

Thats right.

Wanna f uck with us?

Go ahead.

F uck you.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

seriously, we dont need people like nitecap in here...he can stir up trouble, get people riled up and attendings banned, and go back to his nursing forum and get good advice for his career path. where does that leave med students and residents? were already getting screwed in a million other ways, lets not have some little kid come in here and defeat the purpose of this forum...

jetproppilot said:

F uck you.

cmon now jet... dont hold back dawg. tell us how u really feel. LMAO

As a srna, I gotta agree somewhat with jet. I'm not out to take over the world, anesthesia or otherwise. I have always enjoyed great relationships with docs both at work and outside of work. No reason to see that will change. I've wanted to be a crna for a very long time. Want a challenging, intellectually stimulating job and provide a good life for me and my family. If I wanted to be a MD I would go to med school...thought about it a long long time ago...don't want to plain and simple. Came here to learn and pick up tips. Enjoy the great banter that happens...especially with GROWN men. I have no problem getting along with anyone although I don't like getting my chops busted just for someone's jollies. I think I could enjoy a great professional relationship with most of you...not going to stir up the ****.

dogbone65 said:
As a srna, I gotta agree somewhat with jet. I'm not out to take over the world, anesthesia or otherwise. I have always enjoyed great relationships with docs both at work and outside of work. No reason to see that will change. I've wanted to be a crna for a very long time. Want a challenging, intellectually stimulating job and provide a good life for me and my family. If I wanted to be a MD I would go to med school...thought about it a long long time ago...don't want to plain and simple. Came here to learn and pick up tips. Enjoy the great banter that happens...especially with GROWN men. I have no problem getting along with anyone although I don't like getting my chops busted just for someone's jollies. I think I could enjoy a great professional relationship with most of you...not going to stir up the ****.

Likewise, I'm sure you'd find the vast majority of us are non-hostile towards other healthcare professionals. But, it pushes everyone's limits to constantly be harassed and inflammed by people that take advantage of the open policy of this forum in order to play some kind of game.

drRumi said:
cmon now jet... dont hold back dawg. tell us how u really feel. LMAO

Yeah, well Rum, thats me. Don't see myself changing at the ripe-old-age of 41.

I'll always tell you the way I see it, even if some people dont like it. No sugar-coating in my book. I guess that good and bad.

And sometimes, well, ya gotta get angry. Hell, even The Man got pissed once and threw a buncha merchants out of his temple.

So I'll follow His lead and tell it like it is most of the time. And get pissed off occasionally.