*** Tmdsas 2007 ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twitch

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A thread for those applying to Texas schools.

FAQ's
Post your FAQ's and I'll update it here.

Transcripts
Mail to:
Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service
702 Colorado Street, Suite 6.400 | Austin, Texas 78701

Pictures
* approx. 2x3. They also accept passport size(2x2). Need 1 pic for every school you're applying to + 1 for TMDSAS.

* Secondaries don't require pics.

Credit Hours
Round 1.5 -> 2
Round 0.5 -> 1
Round 1.3 -> 1

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, already? Looking forward to applying with you all this cycle :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm ready! Finger on the button, let's go!!!

-Mike

I'm ready. Let's go kids!!

:eek:
o no, i needa get it together!

Heh. Congrats on starting on what's sure to become a massive thread. Good luck to everyone and especially those reapplying.

Im not from Texas but cant wait till Monday to get crackin on this baby:)

Another non-Texan preparing to join the madness. Let's Git-R-Dun.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does TMDSAS require pictures for each school you're applying to? If so what size 2x2 (passport size) and / or 2x3?

Do we need pics for secondaries? Just trying to get an idea of how many to print out. Anyone know an easy way to take an existing JPEG and print out a bunch of passport size pics without having to cut each one out from a 8.5x11 sheet?

Ready to get it started.

One Q. How does TMDSAS get your MCAT score?

'Rambler

Y_Marker said:
Does TMDSAS require pictures for each school you're applying to? If so what size 2x2 (passport size) and / or 2x3?

Do we need pics for secondaries? Just trying to get an idea of how many to print out. Anyone know an easy way to take an existing JPEG and print out a bunch of passport size pics without having to cut each one out from a 8.5x11 sheet?
TMDSAS requires one pic for every school you apply to plus one for the system. Passport photos are okay. I think they said copied photos are fine if they're on photo paper.

Y_Marker said:

As Anastasis said, you're required to send 1 pic for the TMDSAS system, plus 1 pic per school to which you are applying. I think the TMDSAS site has a nice table that covers this plus the total application fee.

No pics required for secondaries, which I think only UTSW, A&M and Texas Tech have. As for printing your pics out in one sheet... try pasting the JPEG over and over into a Powerpoint or Word document and see what happens when you print.

I'm actually a little nervous about the TMDSAS personal statement. On last year's application it could only be 62 lines of 80 characters each = 4950 characters total. I've barely gotten started, and I'm already at around 2000 characters :scared:

Jota

potato51 said:
As Anastasis said, you're required to send 1 pic for the TMDSAS system, plus 1 pic per school to which you are applying. I think the TMDSAS site has a nice table that covers this plus the total application fee.

No pics required for secondaries, which I think only UTSW, A&M and Texas Tech have. As for printing your pics out in one sheet... try pasting the JPEG over and over into a Powerpoint or Word document and see what happens when you print.

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up using photoshop. It has a nice picture package automation feature. I fed it the pic and it spit out an array of 20 passport size pics on a 8x10 sheet.

FYI I called on around to find the lowest cost provider, here is a run down on printing costs:

sams club (need membership)
17 cents for 2 wallet
or photoshop to size and they'll cut passport size / or wallet size from 8 x 10

Wolf Cam
Passport Size sets of 4 for $14.99 ea 2x2
Wallet Size approx 2.25 x 3.5 50 cents ea

Walmart wallet size only 2.5 x 3.5 29c ea

As for the LORS, can I send them via Interfolio to TMDSAS or should I send them directly from the writers?

I have written about 4 completely different personal statements. Still can't decide on which to use. As a writer, I think I may be getting a little too creative for my own good. Anyways, looking forward to Monday. Let's get it on!

DrVanNostran said:
Im not from Texas but cant wait till Monday to get crackin on this baby:)

niether am I but since I have some deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Texas ties, know the texas state son, know the Texas two step, and can even speak in Texan, I told myself, "what the hell, give Texas a shot"

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawww! :D :p

Is the personal statement for the Tmdsas the same as the one for aamcas?

I can't believe I'm going through this process again, but I am here and hoping for some Texas love this year.

This thread is moving already :)

DrVanNostran said:
As for the LORS, can I send them via Interfolio to TMDSAS or should I send them directly from the writers?
I had mine sent individually from the writers. It worked out well.

But if you're applying to multiple AMCAS schools, do Interfolio.

DesiMcatAcer said:
This thread is moving already :)
Hey Desi, Are you retaking the MCAT this August? What are you up to during this glide year? I probably won't submit my app until late June cuz that's when I find out if I got into the Tulane ACP program. I might pick that over Georgetown.

Hey chaey,
I am not retaking the MCAT this August. I will probably try to improve on my weak areas this year such as clinical exposure etc..Well, its good to know you got in GT SMP, which is a very good program! Good luck for this cycle, let's hope we have better luck :)
chaeymaey said:
Hey Desi, Are you retaking the MCAT this August? What are you up to during this glide year? I probably won't submit my app until late June cuz that's when I find out if I got into the Tulane ACP program. I might pick that over Georgetown.

Anyone know if they prefer a 2x3 pic or 2x2 pic. On the website it says they take both.

I can't believe it's been a year already! Good luck to all the Texas applicants this year!

:luck:

So I was trying to login to the TMDSAS 2007 app ( I know trigger happy ) and the TMDSAS web site says: "... the server has been instructed not to let you have it."

I'd like to let it @#$@#$@#% :smuggrin:

*sigh* fine, I'll wait. I should really be studying for my Orgo II test tomorrow.

haha man i almost forgot this was starting again. will be applying some time in june/july.

yourmom25 said:
haha man i almost forgot this was starting again. will be applying some time in june/july.
ahh..let's hope we get some love this year :)

Yourmom, congrats on UNT! I wanted to do that program, but you're required to be a science major, so out of state I go. It's gonna be scary, but I hope that it helps get me in.

Question for you and other reapps: Are you writing a new PS and secondary essay?

omg, only 49 mins until it comes out!!!!

chaeymaey said:
I can't believe I'm going through this process again, but I am here and hoping for some Texas love this year.

I just looked at your "MDapplicants" site. Why didn't you apply to any DO programs? You'll find that DOs in Texas are often at the top of programs in many MD programs in the state.

It is my opinion that TCOM is better than some of the MD schools in the state anyway. The are other DO schools that are comparable to TCOM (i.e. OSU-COM.)

TMDSAS is the first one up. Both AMCAS are AACOMAS aren't up yet.

Yaah for TEXAS!!! :thumbup:

Pkboi24 said:
omg, only 49 mins until it comes out!!!!
woohoo, good luck folks... hopefully TMDSAS goes without a glitch

i just noticed how attractive chaeymaey and yourmom look in their avatars.

Is it just me or is the MDApplicants site not working? I tried adding a profile but it kept asking me to select a gender when I had already done so.

forevalwayzz said:
i just noticed how attractive chaeymaey and yourmom look in their avatars.
heh, yourmom25 is a guy. chaeymaey has Rachel Bilson (summer from the OC) in her avatar... that girl is niiiice.

so forevalwayzzz... I understand from the matriculation thread that you're no longer clueless. Duke it is?

I probably won't be starting mine until ~May 15th. My last final is the 12th and I figure there is no need to focus on the app so early.

June 15th is considered early, and that gives me a whole month to do my application (which it will not take). I will probably have it all done in a day and a half :laugh:. I will probably go ahead and register on the site so I can send my transcripts in just to get that out of the way.

Good luck everybody!

I don't think you can submit it until your Spring grades are posted, so if you're in the middle of finals, I wouldn't rush it just yet.

Dr. Giggles said:
I don't think you can submit it until your Spring grades are posted, so if you're in the middle of finals, I wouldn't rush it just yet.

You can't submit it until June 1st. Will you not have grades by then?

OSUdoc08 said:
You can submit it prior to grades being posted.
From the TMDSAS site

Grades for courses taken during the spring 2006 semester must be included on your Record of College Work (Section 11) BEFORE YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR
APPLICATION.

So get those transcripts in ASAP, folks. I believe the office starts actually processing these applications some time in June.