GPA calculator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mace

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

This is a first post for me but I have read SND in the past as a guest whenever I had a question or something....

Anyways I made an excel file that calculates GPA in the same way aamcs does and I wanna post it so that people can see what grades they need to get to improve their GPA etc... but excel doesnt seem to be a valid attachment on these forums.

Any one interested in it? Have any ideas as to how I could post it?

Members don't see this ad.

Mace said:
Hi all.

This is a first post for me but I have read SND in the past as a guest whenever I had a question or something....

Anyways I made an excel file that calculates GPA in the same way aamcs does and I wanna post it so that people can see what grades they need to get to improve their GPA etc... but excel doesnt seem to be a valid attachment on these forums.

Any one interested in it? Have any ideas as to how I could post it?

Change the extension from xls to jpg and upload it. Tell people to right click on the red-x picture and save target as, and name the file "gpa.xls" with the quotations included (ie I didn't put the quotations there for fun) :smuggrin: . Might want to ask a mod for permission first.

Or send it to my e-mail (pm'd) and I'll upload it to one of my sites.

rcd said:
Change the extension from xls to jpg and upload it. Tell people to right click on the red-x picture and save target as, and name the file "gpa.xls" with the quotations included (ie I didn't put the quotations there for fun) :smuggrin: . Might want to ask a mod for permission first.

Or send it to my e-mail (pm'd) and I'll upload it to one of my sites.

I have a web server and I would also like to use it. Just post on here or send me a pm.

Members don't see this ad :)
PM me so I can use it also...

Thanks!

This might be a stupid question, but do Math classes go under science GPA? If not, woo hoo!

Thanks for that advice... I did put it in a zip file so here it is. For those of you who don't know, you may have to download WinZip from www.winzip.com (evaluation version) to open the file.

Let me know if there is anything that needs to be changed, etc. about the calculator.

Enjoy

Attachments

• AAMCS GPA Calculator.zip
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,673
I don't have Microsoft Excel. Is there another way of opening it?

monami said:
I don't have Microsoft Excel. Is there another way of opening it?

Download Open Office - it's an open-source office suite including equivalents of word, excel, powerpoint, draw, etc. If you already have some parts of the suite, you can pick and chooce what to install.

the spreadsheet is locked so we can not type grades into it. whats the password to unlock the text?

You should be able to type in grades, just not add rows.

super_doc said:
You should be able to type in grades, just not add rows.

Too bad I have taken over double the number of classes this thing lets you input.