What are pros and cons to DO vs. Caribbean MD schools!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sekem

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

From the *FAQ* Please read first *FAQ* Please read first *FAQ* Sticky at the top of the page:

DO or Caribbean?

This is the topic of many heated discussions over the years. The threads usually look the same and many end up in flame wars which get closed, however here is one that sums up the opinions on the DO forum rather nicely. Remember, if you ask this question on the DO forum you will get a DO biased answer, if you ask if on the FMG forum you may get different answers. In the end, it is up to you to evaluate which better suits you, DO, MD, or FMG MD.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=130591&page=1&pp=25

Members don't see this ad :)
Who's excited about the upcoming College Bball season? GO HUSKIES!

I can't even think about Bball. The Cards are still flying high!

St.%20Louis%20Cardinals.jpg

I can't even think about Bball. The Cards are still flying high!
Right there with ya Depakote! That was a sweet win last night. Had a couple of brews and enjoyed the game - a very nice study break. Just need one more to meet the Tigers!!!:D

I tried to get World Series tickets through the Cards lottery but was shut down. :mad:

I tried to get tickets for the games in Detroit... ALL sold out..even the standing room only tickets goign for $170!

I'm just going to go watch the games downtown at the bars near Comerica Park.

Go Tigers! What an amazing season they're having.

Just wait till next year. CUBS BABY all the way. Prior will come back healthy, Wood will be the bext reliever ever, Lee will beat Bond's HR record. The rookies will show their worth. Next year baby.

The preceeding statement can be apply every year in October

Just wait till next year. CUBS BABY all the way. Prior will come back healthy, Wood will be the bext reliever ever, Lee will beat Bond's HR record. The rookies will show their worth. Next year baby.

Haha you sound worse than Philly fans with the "next year." Prior will have his usual, more DL visits than wins. Wood will continute to throw one gem a year and then cuddle up next to Prior on the DL. Lou Pinella has a better chance of beating the HR record than Lee, who by the way had one good season. You can't count them all they way out tho...they still play in the NL.

Billy Goat curse.

You have to believe that Maddox is happy that he's out of there.

What do the Cubs and the Devil Rays have in common?

Both have the same amount of World Series Championships since 1908

Members don't see this ad :)
What do the Cubs and the Devil Rays have in common?

Both have the same amount of World Series Championships since 1908

I could care less about baseball.

It's heyday has long since passed.

Tis sad that there are no more old school knuckleballers(with the one obvious exception - but screw that bandwagon team).

you mean albert pujos is flying high. Ive never seen one team carried by one player as much as the Cardinals are.

Haha, you can post the bird allllll you want. Bottom line is that Weaver is going to have to throw at least two games in the Series, if they somehow make it and god knows he can't be this lucky for that long. Thier best hope is getting swept in four games so that the general public does not have to witness two classic Weaver meltdowns in one series.

you mean albert pujos is flying high. Ive never seen one team carried by one player as much as the Cardinals are.

Pujols definitely carried the Cards through the regular season, but in case you haven't been watching the Playoffs (which it sounds like you haven't), the Cardinals are where they are because of soooooo many other players besides Pujols. It has really been quite impressive.

Maybe Weaver has just gotten lucky up until this point, but he's pitched as well as or better than anyone else in the Playoffs thus far. He's 2-1 with a 2.16 ERA against some really good bats. Just give a little credit where it's due.

Finally, a little joke: What do the Cardinals and Cubs have in common?

They both haven't won a World Series at their new stadium.

:D :thumbup: its about time chicago won something! Maybe the bear's can come through! hahahaha

I have nothing to say I'm a Yankees fan :(

Pujols definitely carried the Cards through the regular season, but in case you haven't been watching the Playoffs (which it sounds like you haven't), the Cardinals are where they are because of soooooo many other players besides Pujols. It has really been quite impressive.

Maybe Weaver has just gotten lucky up until this point, but he's pitched as well as or better than anyone else in the Playoffs thus far. He's 2-1 with a 2.16 ERA against some really good bats. Just give a little credit where it's due.

Finally, a little joke: What do the Cardinals and Cubs have in common?

They both haven't won a World Series at their new stadium.

I havent been watching this series, but I watched the Division series and he definitely carried them through that

I havent been watching this series, but I watched the Division series and he definitely carried them through that

Most experts actually agreed that Belliard was the MVP for the NLDS.

this is probably the best hijacking of a thread in a long time. I use to really hate threats about DO vs Caribbean now I think i like them. CUBS in 07..........................3007 that is

what about the NBA season...1st game 10/31 !!! rockets fan here

the NBA is :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: . College bball is the best.
Speaking of basketball, when I went down to NSU, I noticed there weren't that many basketball courts around the school:thumbdown: . I play pick-up games almost daily.

the NBA is :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: . College bball is the best.
Speaking of basketball, when I went down to NSU, I noticed there weren't that many basketball courts around the school:thumbdown: . I play pick-up games almost daily.

I concur with DrKuba.

NBA: :thumbdown: & :(
College Basketball: :thumbup: & :)

sighh..if NBA isnt getting any love..I'll havta support my team the Texas Longhorns.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It isn't just great that the Yankees keep losing in the playoffs - but they keep spending more & more & more & more - and losing to teams w/like, one Yankee's players salary for payroll. How funny, and yet sad, in a pleasant sort of way.

http://www.yankeeshater.com

in case you are a red sox fan (and I am suspicious that you may be), the red sox payroll is insane also... and they finished how many games back in the AL east?

in case you are a red sox fan (and I am suspicious that you may be), the red sox payroll is insane also... and they finished how many games back in the AL east?

Sadly, I am. And I realize the Sox payroll is insane, but not even close to the NYY. I don't care how many games back they finished - I'll always have 2004!! :D

Lol..that game was awesome

That game was a farce. Chicago had no business winning that game. They played for 1 quarter. What a joke! This is what I hate about sports. Teams that have no business winning manage to play for one quarter, get lucky (maybe on a bad call w/an official, or an umpire), and pull off something they didn't earn. They are not as special as they think they are and a better team than Arizona is going to pick them apart now that the Cardinals exposed them for what they really are. I can't WAIT to see them go down!!

Sadly, I am. And I realize the Sox payroll is insane, but not even close to the NYY. I don't care how many games back they finished - I'll always have 2004!! :D

That game was a farce. Chicago had no business winning that game. They played for 1 quarter. What a joke! This is what I hate about sports. Teams that have no business winning manage to play for one quarter, get lucky (maybe on a bad call w/an official, or an umpire), and pull off something they didn't earn. They are not as special as they think they are and a better team than Arizona is going to pick them apart now that the Cardinals exposed them for what they really are. I can't WAIT to see them go down!!

being a winner is what is all about. winners find a way to claw into a win. all winners get their back to a wall at some point. when they overcome that challenge...back the F up. :)

it's not like we are watching star wars where the death star gets blown up by a farmer!

being a winner is what is all about. winners find a way to claw into a win. all winners get their back to a wall at some point. when they overcome that challenge...back the F up. :)

True, but winners are also consistent. Playing like crap for most of a game and lucking into a win is inconsistent, and it will eventually catch up to you.

Not only that but winners don't rely on a kicker just barely missing a field goal to win. That kick goes through - you & all the rest of Chicago fans are not happy today, are you?? Sigh of relief is all you can have from that game.

The one person that I felt for in that game was Leinart. Por guy, there he was on MNF taking a team from the cellar of the NFL to the attick and then with the game ultimately on the line he had to step off the field. That just sucks.

last couple years we fell short of playoffs, but this year ryano will carry us to the worldseries!!

WHAT? Chicago is tougher than nails. That defense is sick. Of course they deserved the game, they TOOK the ball away from Arizona by IMPOSING THEIR WILL ON THEM! Do you remember The Ohio State Buckeye Football team a few years back? They won the national championship, but barely managed to beat teams like Bowling Green, but a win is a win. That was a special team, as is the 2006 Chicago Bears.

Ok, so Im gonna take that from this post that you really only think that the "best" team should always win? Cause man, if the world worked like this everything would really suck. Nobody would bother showing up to play.

But hey, thats you. Me, Im a lover of the underdog.

WHAT? Chicago is tougher than nails. That defense is sick. Of course they deserved the game, they TOOK the ball away from Arizona by IMPOSING THEIR WILL ON THEM! Do you remember The Ohio State Buckeye Football team a few years back? They won the national championship, but barely managed to beat teams like Bowling Green, but a win is a win. That was a special team, as is the 2006 Chicago Bears.

I'm a Bears fan, but I've gotta be honest. Arizona pissed that game away, and not because Neil "FG" Rackers missed the final FG. Arizona had a chance to cut the Bears' throats in the 1st half, and they completely pussed out. They played overly conservative, even though their defense was absolutely destroying the Bears, resulting in wonderful field position.

Arizona had the opportunities, but they were too scared and didn't know what to do with them.

last couple years we fell short of playoffs, but this year ryano will carry us to the worldseries!!

Haha. I live in the rat's nest that is philly and I promise you, if their teams are anything like thier people, they have no chance of winning....anything....ever.

AWESOME!

Cards won and I was selected to buy Second-Chance World Series Tickets tomorrow!

ERRRRR, what a crappy world series. The bright side is this will definitely help my studies.

It will be a fairly uninteresting WS for most of the country... :sleep:
But I'm rooting for St. Louis to win - they've been so close for so long.
Detroit is young - they have time to do it later.

And Arizona totally embarrassed the Bears last week. They are NOT tough as nails to play like that against a team like Arizona. They should be embarrassed with themselves and relieved that they 'got away with one'.
When Chicago finally wakes up & realizes they need a REAL QB, they might be for real. It isn't like they haven't had their chances to draft one or anything.