What's your Pre-Med Undergraduate Major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What's your undergrad major?

• Bio Sci

Votes: 165 50.9%
  • non-Bio Sci

Votes: 159 49.1%

• Total voters

koercive

Industry HE&OR, Large Cap Pharma
Partner Organization
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not a bio major, and I'm so glad I didn't do bio. I am a Cognitive Psychology Major, which I am really interested in, and much less competitive than Bio.

Members don't see this ad.

physics and bio. best of both worlds!

Members don't see this ad :)
Bio and Chinese

Currently (and finally) respiratory therapy and German with minors in chemistry and psychology.

Biology major, minors in math and chemistry.

DKM, i thought you were already in med school, if not graduated already and in your PG years?
maybe the resident title got me confused.
Nope......although at times I feel like I've been around medicine long enough that I should be a resident or attending :laugh:

BTW, once I reach my residency, I'll switch that around to read "Smartass Resident"

Members don't see this ad :)
Health Science Studies

Biochemistry and Political science baby! (So i'm not sure what to put for your poll . . . )

wow suprised by the number of non-bio students

It's cuz we are Canadian...and we're all forced into slavery AKA bio sciences when we figure out we want to be doctors. We have no pre-med committees and we're not creative like our American friends, so we weren't smart enough to think that med schools would say "omg, she majored in languages and took med pre-reqs...that's original, let's take one of those"

Hehe...I'm tired, but it's so true :)

Is Biochem bio or not? It's in the chem dept. at my school...

Genetics...and pure-bred bio nerd :)

jessy_erin: Extremely true about Canadian residents. I'm pure bio lol.
Where in Canada are you? And to follow up, where in that province/territory.

This is actually a two-part question. I'm applying for a summer internship at Brewster Keegan. I was wondering, a) what's it like being an investment banker, and b) would you write me a recommendation?

What movie about a med student going thru application cycle motions?

Major in Chemistry. Double Minor in Arabic and Spanish

And you, my friend, win the award for worst poll ever.

I Hate Bio i am BioChem/ Fine ART :)

this is just a random question, how do u make polls?! i can't figure it out.
anyways, i was engineering major.

Double Major in Electrical Engineering and Mathematics.

I think I get to claim Chem as a minor by the time I finish pre-med requirements. Also trying to finish a certificate in "Ethics and Leadership: Ethics of Healthcare". Sounds like a lot, but really there is so much overlap it's almost ridiculous...

Bachelors of dope dealing

math (BS), physics (BS), computer science (BS), best decision ever, at least in my opinion.

hmm i dont think i can edit the poll to add a both option

can a mod do it?

Double Major in Electrical Engineering and Mathematics.

I think I get to claim Chem as a minor by the time I finish pre-med requirements. Also trying to finish a certificate in "Ethics and Leadership: Ethics of Healthcare". Sounds like a lot, but really there is so much overlap it's almost ridiculous...

hey nice, i'm majoring in e/ce and bme, and chem minor too.
yay

It's cuz we are Canadian...and we're all forced into slavery AKA bio sciences when we figure out we want to be doctors. We have no pre-med committees and we're not creative like our American friends, so we weren't smart enough to think that med schools would say "omg, she majored in languages and took med pre-reqs...that's original, let's take one of those"

Hehe...I'm tired, but it's so true :)

yup. academic slavery sucks. we also have to take 5 courses per semester here in Canada or our application gets thrown out! :eek:

it seems like the US offers a buttload of options!

Last edited:
People who major in non-bio and take premed requirements are soo cliche. Boo on them.

econ here
where are the business majors?

Grew up in Montreal.

Not in Canada, I'm a Florida resident...yes I think my parents for my getting accepted to medical school :)

Bio....wished I'd major in something else, though.

BIOLOGY ... I feel soo.... unique