-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What's your Pre-Med Undergraduate Major?
Started by koercive
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quantum molecular biophysics. Suck on that!
Bio and Chinese
You should put in an option for both- Bio and Anthro here
Currently (and finally) respiratory therapy and German with minors in chemistry and psychology.
Currently (and finally) respiratory therapy and German with minors in chemistry and psychology.
wow suprised by the number of non-bio students
DKM, i thought you were already in med school, if not graduated already and in your PG years?Currently (and finally) respiratory therapy and German with minors in chemistry and psychology.
maybe the resident title got me confused.
physics. I regret it everyday...
Biology major, minors in math and chemistry.
Nope......although at times I feel like I've been around medicine long enough that I should be a resident or attendingDKM, i thought you were already in med school, if not graduated already and in your PG years?
maybe the resident title got me confused.
BTW, once I reach my residency, I'll switch that around to read "Smartass Resident"
Yeah, some of us would like to be able to find good paying jobs if we don't get in. 😉wow suprised by the number of non-bio students
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Biochemistry and Political science baby! (So i'm not sure what to put for your poll . . . )
wow suprised by the number of non-bio students
It's cuz we are Canadian...and we're all forced into slavery AKA bio sciences when we figure out we want to be doctors. We have no pre-med committees and we're not creative like our American friends, so we weren't smart enough to think that med schools would say "omg, she majored in languages and took med pre-reqs...that's original, let's take one of those"
Hehe...I'm tired, but it's so true 🙂
Health Science Studies
Where is that a major? Sounds dangerous. What if you don't get in or if you change your plans?
Chemistry.
Kinesiology with a minor in Chem
Genetics...and pure-bred bio nerd 🙂
jessy_erin: Extremely true about Canadian residents. I'm pure bio lol.
Where in Canada are you? And to follow up, where in that province/territory.
This is actually a two-part question. I'm applying for a summer internship at Brewster Keegan. I was wondering, a) what's it like being an investment banker, and b) would you write me a recommendation?
What movie about a med student going thru application cycle motions?
Bme
Psychology
Major in Chemistry. Double Minor in Arabic and Spanish
And you, my friend, win the award for worst poll ever.
And you, my friend, win the award for worst poll ever.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Majored in Ballet!
woot woot bme!
this is just a random question, how do u make polls?! i can't figure it out.
anyways, i was engineering major.
anyways, i was engineering major.
Double Major in Electrical Engineering and Mathematics.
I think I get to claim Chem as a minor by the time I finish pre-med requirements. Also trying to finish a certificate in "Ethics and Leadership: Ethics of Healthcare". Sounds like a lot, but really there is so much overlap it's almost ridiculous...
I think I get to claim Chem as a minor by the time I finish pre-med requirements. Also trying to finish a certificate in "Ethics and Leadership: Ethics of Healthcare". Sounds like a lot, but really there is so much overlap it's almost ridiculous...
hmm i dont think i can edit the poll to add a both option
can a mod do it?
can a mod do it?
Double Major in Electrical Engineering and Mathematics.
I think I get to claim Chem as a minor by the time I finish pre-med requirements. Also trying to finish a certificate in "Ethics and Leadership: Ethics of Healthcare". Sounds like a lot, but really there is so much overlap it's almost ridiculous...
hey nice, i'm majoring in e/ce and bme, and chem minor too.
yay
It's cuz we are Canadian...and we're all forced into slavery AKA bio sciences when we figure out we want to be doctors. We have no pre-med committees and we're not creative like our American friends, so we weren't smart enough to think that med schools would say "omg, she majored in languages and took med pre-reqs...that's original, let's take one of those"
Hehe...I'm tired, but it's so true 🙂
yup. academic slavery sucks. we also have to take 5 courses per semester here in Canada or our application gets thrown out! 😱
it seems like the US offers a buttload of options!
B
BeatrixKiddo
People who major in non-bio and take premed requirements are soo cliche. Boo on them.
B.S. Chemistry
Currently a Molecular Biology and Microbiology major 😀
Currently a Molecular Biology and Microbiology major 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jessy_erin: Extremely true about Canadian residents. I'm pure bio lol.
Where in Canada are you? And to follow up, where in that province/territory.
Grew up in Montreal.
Not in Canada, I'm a Florida resident...yes I think my parents for my getting accepted to medical school 🙂
BS in Psyc (minor in religious studies) and BA in English (Literature)
Look ma! I majored in flakiness!
BTW, here is another thread where it's broken down alittle more:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=184114
Look ma! I majored in flakiness!

BTW, here is another thread where it's broken down alittle more:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=184114
Similar threads
- Replies
- 32
- Views
- 2K