What's your Pre-Med Undergraduate Major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What's your undergrad major?

• Bio Sci

Votes: 165 50.9%
  • non-Bio Sci

Votes: 159 49.1%

• Total voters
Where's the non-science choice??

Members don't see this ad.

public health and bio..
another vote for a 'both' option! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Electrical Engineering at #3 in the nation school.

Eating and sleeping are simple pleasures I love now.

Microbio major with a minor in philosophy and possibly astronomy.

Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering

Psychology and Pre-Medical Preparation (because it's hard to get into the pre-req classes if you haven't declared it)

It's cuz we are Canadian...and we're all forced into slavery AKA bio sciences when we figure out we want to be doctors. We have no pre-med committees and we're not creative like our American friends, so we weren't smart enough to think that med schools would say "omg, she majored in languages and took med pre-reqs...that's original, let's take one of those"

Hehe...I'm tired, but it's so true :)

lol, I thought sonyvaio2700 was surprised that there were so many of us non bios...

BTW, I just tilted it in favor of non-bios! 83 to 82!

Public Health with a minor in Psych (that was like, 1 class away from a major, but I just couldn't cram it into my already overloaded schedule because I decided kinda late-but in my own mind this makes me a pseudo-Psych major, lol).

Members don't see this ad :)
Psych and Bio. If we had a neuroscience department at my undergrad, that's what I'd be doing.

Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics (MIMG)....and its one major...

talk about heavy bio

Biology. But hey, I might get a Bible minor... wonder how many of those they get?

im a cell bio neurosci major now... but it might change to Psychology because i don't want to take biochem...

Majored in Ballet!

Me too! :laugh: If I were good at it....possibly.

If they had Salsa, or Morden dance majors... I'd be down.

Journalism baby! Possibly minor in History or Theatre.

Molecular and Cell Biology/Biochemistry here.

People who major in non-bio and take premed requirements are soo cliche. Boo on them.

Say what?

Anyways, I am a biomedical engineering major and I hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Psychology and I looooooooved it. It is so interesting. I minored in chem. I wish my school had a psychobiology major, my friend majored in it and it sounds interesting as well.

Marketing and Healthcare Administration (B.A.A.S)

this gets my vote for worst designed poll

this is just a random question, how do u make polls?! i can't figure it out.
anyways, i was engineering major.

An engineer that can't figure out how to make a poll. That's just cute.

On a second note, I'm an economics major. I technically have a minor in chemistry, as the minor in chemistry is simply the prereqs I need. However, I'm still waiting to get into a general chemistry class -- ****ing waitlists. I also have a minor in photography, and a new minor in Arabic. I didn't know you could turn your language requirement into a minor until a few days ago.

biochemistry.

Uhm I'm a philosophy major and italian minor by the time I'm done with my pre reqs i'll probably be a chem minor as well. So double minor as well. But stil pre-med so whoooooooo hooooooo. Good luck to all the science majors. What I hate is when my advisors tell me stupid things like "to get into med school you need to be a bio major" puh-lease. Yea right.

major: aeronautical and astronautical engineering
minor: nuclear engineering

German and Bio...weird combo, I know.

B.S. in Public Safety Administration

DKM, i thought you were already in med school, if not graduated already and in your PG years?
maybe the resident title got me confused.

hahaha no he just acts like he knows everything... :laugh:

dbl: bio and psych

Exercise Sports Science - Emphasis in Pre-Physical Therapy. All to decided not to go to PT school... woo hoo!!

nursing, the clinical experience is nice but i wish i just would have majored in bio... too late now lol

anthropology, neurobio, biochem

Majoring in Biochemistry and Philosophy

neuro represent!
[I put that down as bio because we're a dif dept here at hopkins, but a lot of other places, it's not]

econ/biomed

both majors but more credits of econ...and i enjoy it more

instead of pretentious premed kids i get....pretentious pre LAW kids. wonderful :laugh: (i personally think they are worse than med in terms of brownnosing)

Nursing (5 year masters), and a minor in biological sciences...