UCSF--anyone excited?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfingers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
EEk, so some of us may be hearing from UCSF relatively soon. Am I the only one hanging on the edge of my seat waiting? I am rather impatient...I can't wait! I really hope I get to be in the batch of acceptances mailed out tomorrow (assuming I get accepted).

Members don't see this ad.

EEk, so some of us may be hearing from UCSF relatively soon. Am I the only one hanging on the edge of my seat waiting? I am rather impatient...I can't wait! I really hope I get to be in the batch of acceptances mailed out tomorrow (assuming I get accepted).

I am SOOOO nervous! I can't even explain! I have been thinking about this like every day for the last week or so (heck, for the last few months!).... From past years, it looks like Dec 15th is a goal, not a hardfast rule, but I'm hopeful that they'll go out tomorrow and I'm just crossing my fingers about the results.... Then again, if both members couldn't be at the meeting, applicants are pushed back to the next meeting... oy! :: oh, ucsf, I'm crossing my fingers for you :love: :luck: ::

:luck: Good luck to ALL of us! :luck:

I'm super excited about interviewing in Jan...hell yeah! :p

glck to all those waiting for a decision :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm very excited for all of you guys.. :)

Even though I got a post-secondary rejection :mad:

Good luck! :luck:

Heck yeah. I thought they met on Dec. 15th, now I'm even more excited knowing they mail decisions that day. I interviewed on 10/31, I hope I'm in the first batch. Waiting is terrible. Do they mail all decisions, or just acceptances?

Haven't even received a secondary or a rejection from them yet... But that's expected.

:luck: to you guys though!

Heck yeah. I thought they met on Dec. 15th, now I'm even more excited knowing they mail decisions that day. I interviewed on 10/31, I hope I'm in the first batch. Waiting is terrible. Do they mail all decisions, or just acceptances?

Yeah, they were not super clear about it but it seems that they will be mailing out acceptances tomorrow--I hope. Man, I wish they were already sent out. I don't think they will send rejections out but who knows.

Augh! I was just surprised there wasn't a thread dedicated to our tortuous waiting. eek!

I'm terrified. Does that count as excited?:)

Augh! I was just surprised there wasn't a thread dedicated to our tortuous waiting. eek!

I thought of starting one, but hesistated - glad someone else did! :) Now we can all whine & worry together!

I interviewed November 14. I know that I can't reasonably expect anything earlier than January, but I'm still fighting down my mix of excitement/dread/hope/fear. :( ?:) ?:sleep: ? :confused: :confused:

Yeah, they were not super clear about it but it seems that they will be mailing out acceptances tomorrow--I hope. Man, I wish they were already sent out. I don't think they will send rejections out but who knows.

I think they'll also send some rejections.....you really think they'll only send acceptances?

I think they'll also send some rejections.....you really think they'll only send acceptances?

I'll weigh in - I think that they will send all decisions (accept, reject, waitlist).

I looked at some threads from last year a while ago. It seems they put a huge number of people on a "high priority" list and give out relatively few acceptances. There wasn't much about rejections, but then again, maybe nobody wanted to admit that they got one. Correct me if I'm wrong... anybody else get this impression from past threads?

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked at some threads from last year a while ago. It seems they put a huge number of people on a "high priority" list and give out relatively few acceptances. There wasn't much about rejections, but then again, maybe nobody wanted to admit that they got one. Correct me if I'm wrong... anybody else get this impression from past threads?

I think it's probably like that in the beginning (unless they had strong feelings that the fit was not a good one).

Another school I know creates a list (adcom members assign scores, so to speak) and when they go to give out acceptances - they draw a cut off. All above the line get in. As the season progresses, they keep lowering the bar to fill the class. In the end, the lower portion of the list doesn't make it. I don't know what they do with those that rank really low on this list (auto-reject or if they wait until the bitter end to tell the bad news).... anyways, this isn't UCSF, but maybe they operate similarly....

I doubt UCSF operates like Dartmouth, with the score cut-offs and what not. They are extremely selective about their interviews (or so says the fact that half of interviewees get accepted). My guess if they offer mostly acceptances out. Maybe a few waitlists, few declines (but I think the waitlist would serve this this function).

You fooled me, I thought for sure it was DMS. Oh well. In any case, I think early interviewees at UCSF have a very good chance at getting accepted. Or this could be me trying to get my hopes up as high as possible. Good luck everyone. The more interview feedback I read, the more I'm convinced: people tend to move it to #1 after the day. :thumbup:

You fooled me, I thought for sure it was DMS. Oh well. In any case, I think early interviewees at UCSF have a very good chance at getting accepted. Or this could be me trying to get my hopes up as high as possible. Good luck everyone. The more interview feedback I read, the more I'm convinced: people tend to move it to #1 after the day. :thumbup:

Haha.... good guess tho.... but it is another top school who interviews in similar proportions to ucsf (I was surprised that this was their policy)....

Anyways.....

Just spoke w/ admissions - they send out acceptances "as well as other information" which upon clarification means rejections/waitlist as well. But, if we don't hear anything this time, don't assume anything. The staff member was so nice....

:love: :luck: oh, ucsf, i'm crossing my fingers :luck: :love:

And, I, too, am hopeful that early makes for better outcomes, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up just in case...

The worst part is, my interview being on 10/31 puts me on a fringe. I'm pretty sure they would have reviewed my file by now, but maybe I won't find out until January. Sigh. If they do the small-envelope-containing-acceptance trick like Northwestern, I might just pass out before reading.

Just spoke w/ admissions - they send out acceptances "as well as other information" which upon clarification means rejections/waitlist as well. But, if we don't hear anything this time, don't assume anything. The staff member was so nice....

Thanks for calling. :) :luck:

The worst part is, my interview being on 10/31 puts me on a fringe. I'm pretty sure they would have reviewed my file by now, but maybe I won't find out until January. Sigh. If they do the small-envelope-containing-acceptance trick like Northwestern, I might just pass out before reading.

See, my interview date surely should have been reviewed - however, like they said, what if both interviewers couldn't be there? That just adds to my nervousness..... I don't know about the small envelope trick & ucsf.... we'll know soon enough, I guess, from either personal experience or from others on the boards....

Thanks for calling. :) :luck:

You're welcome - I've gotten so much comfort/help/support from fellow SDNrs, figured it was my time to call a school (albeit, I was nervous as heck - goodness knows why!?)

:luck: Really, truly, good luck to everyone who is waiting on our dear UCSF! :luck:

congratulations to all who ucsf has expressed some interest in. it's an accomplishment at even the secondary level. good luck to those waiting for decisions :luck:

So, does UCSF mail decisions out tomorrow, or do people start receiving them starting tomorrow? I ask is because since I am on the east coast, I probably wont get the mail till monday (at the latest). I dont know how I am going to get through the weekend!

Cool! My interview was mid October, but who knows. I was hoping we could RECEIVE them by tomorrow but of course that is a dream. I figure if I even get a letter it will take for-ev-er, EVEN though I live in Southern California.

and I don't even have anything to do really for the next few weeks. It is super nice but makes waiting even LONGER.

Good luck everyone! I'm still waiting to have my interview at UCSF, but excited for all of us!

2 questions:

Since the interviews are closed file, can you give your experience with how your interviewer started the interview?

Who was your interviewer? not name - just title/occupation (practicing doc, dean, etc)

Good luck everyone! I'm still waiting to have my interview at UCSF, but excited for all of us!

2 questions:

Since the interviews are closed file, can you give your experience with how your interviewer started the interview?

Who was your interviewer? not name - just title/occupation (practicing doc, dean, etc)

The standard question: Tell me something about youself. I had an MS2 (student) and internal medicine person (faculty) as my two interviewers. Both of them sit on the admissions committee.

So, does UCSF mail decisions out tomorrow, or do people start receiving them starting tomorrow? I ask is because since I am on the east coast, I probably wont get the mail till monday (at the latest). I dont know how I am going to get through the weekend!

yeah I live reallly far away....I feel your pain! Cross country mail could take like a week to reach us:( :(---don't start despairing even if you don't hear on Monday. At least we can commiserate when everyone in Cali starts hearing and we are just still waiting waiting waiting...

yeah I live reallly far away....I feel your pain! Cross country mail could take like a week to reach us:( :(---don't start despairing even if you don't hear on Monday. At least we can commiserate when everyone in Cali starts hearing and we are just still waiting waiting waiting...

I'm not keeping my hopes up on a Fri/Saturday mailing. From past years, it seems like Dec 15th was a guideline and that most got their mailings in the week following Dec 15th (which is next week, in our case).... but a girl can always dream.....

:luck: :love: dreaming of you, dear ucsf :love: :luck: ;)

good luck guys!
i'll be waiting to hear all the details so i can start stressing about the january mailing.

good luck guys!
i'll be waiting to hear all the details so i can start stressing about the january mailing.

Thanks!!! and you too! Good luck to all and to all a good night! C ya all tomorrow :)

I logged on tonight specifically looking for a thread like this. The waiting is killing me.

I remember during the interview they said if you don't hear from us in mid-December, don't freak out, more than likely is just means one of your committee members was out of town. But man- I don't want to have to wait another month until mid-January, my interview was in September.

I hope we all get some good news soon. :luck:

SF

2 questions:

Both of my interviewers were practicing docs. They were awesome. The first was really quick and to tell you the truth I don't remember exactly how either of them began. It is very likely that it began with "tell me about yourself" or something of the like. Both were very conversation-y, which I totally liked.

Man, I wish we could just see it on the status page or something so we could know whether or not we should be waiting anxiously for the mailman. Oh well.

Both of my interviewers were practicing docs. They were awesome.

Thanks, I can't wait for my interviews and really wanted to know what to expect.

I'm sure next week can't come soon enough for those of you waiting for the postal service to come through. Good luck to all!

Thanks, I can't wait for my interviews and really wanted to know what to expect.

I'm sure next week can't come soon enough for those of you waiting for the postal service to come through. Good luck to all!

Best of luck at your interview!!!

I'm anxiously awaiting too... today is my birthday and I was hoping for some **good** news from SF, but guess I'll have to wait. Ahhh the waiting is killing me!!! haha

Good luck to everyone waiting on UCSF! Hopefully we'll have something great to celebrate next week :)

I'm anxiously awaiting too... today is my birthday and I was hoping for some **good** news from SF, but guess I'll have to wait. Ahhh the waiting is killing me!!! haha

Good luck to everyone waiting on UCSF! Hopefully we'll have something great to celebrate next week :)

Happy Birthday, Dancer77!! Sorry that there wasn't wonderful birthday news for you from San Fran!!! But I'm sure something great will arrive next week! Good luck to all of us waiting!!!

Yep- nothing today. But I live in Colorado, so I suspect it will be monday at the earliest for me- I hope some of you get news tomorrow.

Happy Chaunaka for those of you who are Jewish (I never can spell that..)

SF

Yep- nothing today. But I live in Colorado, so I suspect it will be monday at the earliest for me- I hope some of you get news tomorrow.

I live in CA, and I'm trying not to expect anything until Monday or so (but then again, I'm trying not to expect anything period - I don't want to get my hopes up too much!) But I do hope & wish & pray for some good news....

:: oh, dear :love: UCSF, I'm crossing my fingers for you ::

:luck: GL ALL! :luck:

Yall think they would tell us whether something has be sent or not, if we call the admissions office?

Yall think they would tell us whether something has be sent or not, if we call the admissions office?

It's worth a try.....I think.....how can it hurt? Will the status page tell us anything at all, I heard the official word on it was don't even look at it post-interview, they aren't updated with any decisions.

And SF, right now I wish I lived in Colorado so i'd be a couple mail-days closer:)

It's worth a try.....I think.....how can it hurt? Will the status page tell us anything at all, I heard the official word on it was don't even look at it post-interview, they aren't updated with any decisions.

And SF, right now I wish I lived in Colorado so i'd be a couple mail-days closer:)

Nothing on my status page has changed. The link for changing my interview date is still active!

Where do you live, Max8?

The mail is going to be unpredictable, especially because of the time of year. I just try and remember that I've done everything I can do, and it is out of my hands now.

I'm off to geek out and watch Battlestar Galactica to take my mind off it.

Good night, all.

SF

I didn't get anything in the mail today. How sad. It is kinda funny because even though I knew that I wouldn't be getting anything before today, everyday I have gone to the mailbox with anticipation, only to be let down, down, down.
I live in Southern California, but I don't see any letter getting here tomorrow if it was mailed today. I really need some good news now.

I think I'll have a drink tonight, for all of us out there waiting.

I didn't get anything in the mail today. How sad. It is kinda funny because even though I knew that I wouldn't be getting anything before today, everyday I have gone to the mailbox with anticipation, only to be let down, down, down.
I live in Southern California, but I don't see any letter getting here tomorrow if it was mailed today. I really need some good news now.

I think I'll have a drink tonight, for all of us out there waiting.

Lady, I feel ya! I have been wishing & hoping everyday.... while I knew that nothing would come today, there was that tiny ray of hope that was just wishing for some miracle... I'm actually going away for the weekend (so see y'all on Monday!) so hopefully that will distract me a bit - seriously, I can't stop hoping that UCSF will smile upon me... a girl can dream....

I figure Monday will be the earliest anyone will hear, if indeed they did go out today (anyone confirm when they were mailing them out?)...

Anyways, good luck to everyone waiting!!! :luck: Hopefully just a few more days!

:love: :luck: :: Dreaming of you, dear UCSF :: :luck: :love:

*crossing-fingers* I hadn't even thought of UCSF releasing on 12/15 until a friend reminded me yesterday! Since then I've been stressing majorly.

anybody hear back from ucsf?

Status
Not open for further replies.